Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rockery - where to get rocks.

Options
  • 13-05-2020 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Apologies if this is a nonsense post. We've a very steep area of the garden which is very difficult to mow so thinking of turning it into a rockery. Any suggestions on where to find rocks for the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Surely your local quarry would be a good starting point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭rje66

__teenie__ wrote: »
    Apologies if this is a nonsense post. We've a very steep area of the garden which is very difficult to mow so thinking of turning it into a rockery. Any suggestions on where to find rocks for the same?
    Location??

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pflano

Try Adverts.ie/Donedeal.ie? Lots of people clearing out their gardens at the moment - that's where we got ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Also, logistically getting these rocks, etc into place - how feasible is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 __teenie__

Thanks all, I'll have to look into it more. Logistically could be more of a disaster than a feature.

Location kk-there's a quarry close so if done deal/adverts fail me I'll try there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭macraignil

Most of the stone I have used in the garden came from the ground in the garden so a bit of digging could be productive as well. I did a video about my own garden showing the raised beds that I edged with the stone out of the ground and some collected from nearby fields. Many farmers would have no problem with you collecting some loose stones from their fields as they can cause problems for machinery and probably could direct you to the best areas to collect them from as well. Just make sure they understand you are not going to dig hoes in their field to get the half buried ones out.

Advertisement