Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pol Pot was a nutjob

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Murderous communist psychopath kills millions of his own people.

Lay the blame with the yanks.

Never change Boards.

Again, it's big brain thinking to disregard the consequences of American support for Pol Pot and it will be pointed out to people who try and point score with simple commie bashing nonsense.

How do you feel about Suharto in Indonesia? Similarly carried a massive butchering of his own people that could not have happened without American support. In fact it was carefully fostered and promoted. The difference between the two was that Suharto was killing "communists".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Ipso wrote: »
    I’d say a good few oppressed Irish men took part in that genocide. Feel free to express your guilt.

On that subject, I remember reading something recently that stated 33 Irishmen died at the Little Bighorn with Custer.
    As is well known of course is that Custer and his scumbags were trying to get into the camp where the Indian women and kids were when he got trapped after finding it impossible to cross the river.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    That's quite the big brain take.
    Again, it's big brain thinking
    Why do I get the feeling you're trying to insult people?
    Can you not just discuss this like grownups?

Just because someone sees things differently than you doesn't mean they're stupid, or wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Flavour Diaper

The British were straight over to South East Asia after the Second World War murdering Vietnamese trade unionists, communists and strikers in preparation for reconquest by France. The French themselves conducted one of the most abominable occupations ever in Algeria. Started out with mass murder and systematic rape in the 1880s and only ended in the '60s with a hundred and fifty thousand dead Algerian freedom fighters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

biko wrote: »
    Why do I get the feeling you're trying to insult people?
    Can you not just discuss this like grownups?

Just because someone sees things differently than you doesn't mean they're stupid, or wrong.

Well if you remove 90% of my posts content and focus on those parts it could look that way, especially if someone was inclined to take something personally, but that’s not the case I’m sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Murderous communist psychopath kills millions of his own people.

Lay the blame with the yanks.

Never change Boards.

Johnny , you're a ****ing leg. end.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭storker

It was just the wrong kind of communism.

Has there ever been a right kind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

storker wrote: »

Well, it’s great on paper.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

This always reminds me of comparing strikers...
    Pol Pot is Wayne Rooney... Hitler is Ronaldo... Stalin is Fat Ronaldo..... but then they all have to bow to the one who came before them...
    The GOAT Pelé.... aka Genghis Khan
    The man who slaughtered 10%. (almost 40 million) of the world's population....
    and add to that be was a little bit rapey....his DNA is detected in over 16 million males today....it's no contest really

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

He was a Taurus, they're c**ts, end of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

They had very many followers and admirers in Europe during the honeymoon period after coming to power. The Workers Party and the Communist Party of Ireland both sent messages of congratulations to Pol Pot on coming to power.

You saw a lot of that with British scientists and Stalin. Naive intellectuals really believed everyone could work together in a way that didn't completely **** over the poor like capitalism, but they had a Potemkin village view of it all in practice. The result being Soviet spy rings.
    sabat wrote: »
    They also received training from the SAS/British army under Thatcher's government.

She loved her dictators.
    The US dropped more bombs on Cambodia than they did during the entire Pacific campaign of WW2 - and that included two nukes.

I always saw that fact as more than WW2 in general, not just the Pacific campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Portmanteau

dd973 wrote: »
    He was a Taurus, they're c**ts, end of.
    :( and coming up to my birthday and all...

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Ekerot

This thread made me interested in Pol Pot and The killing Fields so I went out and got an ebook of it to read, thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In 1997 a Khmer Rouge splinter group captured Pol Pot and placed him under house arrest.
    He died in his sleep on April 15, 1998, at age 72 due to heart failure.

A United Nations-backed tribunal has convicted only a handful of Khmer Rouge leaders of crimes against humanity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Ekerot wrote: »
    This thread made me interested in Pol Pot and The killing Fields so I went out and got an ebook of it to read, thanks OP

If you're ever over that way I'd recommend a visit to S-21,a sobering experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I visited Aushwitz (spelling?) and while I’m glad I went I wouldn’t have much interest in going back. It was grim. Didn’t really hit me until a few days later. It wasn’t just the amount of death it was the things they used to do to the prisoners. Stuff you couldn’t even imagine. Tuol Sleng and the killing fields sounds like it’s on a different level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

storker wrote: »

Early Christian communities would have fit that description.

But they couldn't be ruled properly, hence the Roman catholic church became a thing.

Yes ...Jesus was a communist :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

If you're ever over that way I'd recommend a visit to S-21,a sobering experience

Yes walking on the ground and still human bones there. Couldn't find it in me to take pictures.

Been to dachau and felt S 21 more eerie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I had a quick read about the Khmer rouge and Pol pot.
    Only in power for 4 years ? I thought it was alot longer

• Advertisement
Advertisement