Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New house New alarm recommendations

Options
  • 14-05-2020 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi folks,

We're moving in a few weeks/months depending on the current pandemic and we're thinking of alarms.

At the minute we have a system that's unmonitored and no monthly fee, we just key in the code when entering and leaving the house and we'd like something similar in the new place.

However I can't seem to find a company that will do this for us as they all offer a monitored service which comes with a monthly fee.

Does anyone know if unmonitored house alarms are available and where can I get one?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

RuasMum wrote: »
    Hi folks,

We're moving in a few weeks/months depending on the current pandemic and we're thinking of alarms.

At the minute we have a system that's unmonitored and no monthly fee, we just key in the code when entering and leaving the house and we'd like something similar in the new place.

However I can't seem to find a company that will do this for us as they all offer a monitored service which comes with a monthly fee.

Does anyone know if unmonitored house alarms are available and where can I get one?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

An unmonitored house alarm is not at all an impossible request, check out the PSA list for installers in your own area and contact a few and have a chat with them https://www.psa.gov.ie/en/PSA/webContract?OpenForm

Just bare in mind please, an alarm is only as good as the response it gets so i hope you will have good neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭RuasMum

kub wrote: »
    An unmonitored house alarm is not at all an impossible request, check out the PSA list for installers in your own area and contact a few and have a chat with them https://www.psa.gov.ie/en/PSA/webContract?OpenForm

Just bare in mind please, an alarm is only as good as the response it gets so i hope you will have good neighbours.

That's fantastic, thanks a million for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Jizique

That's fantastic, thanks a million for the info.

We got one from Cuala - really happy, was great value compared to some quotes, nice and quick and tidy installation (rush job as going on hols), and low annual maintenance charge with no monitoring which is what we wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Jizique wrote: »
    We got one from Cuala - really happy, was great value compared to some quotes, nice and quick and tidy installation (rush job as going on hols), and low annual maintenance charge with no monitoring which is what we wanted

I'd second cuala. Koolkid on here might be able to sort you out as he's involved with them.

Otherwise do it yourself and pick up an Ajax alarm. Simple to install and high quality. See the Home automation forum for details.

Jizique wrote: »

That's exactly what we're looking for also, sent off for a quote, thanks for the recommendation

• Advertisement

I'd second cuala. Koolkid on here might be able to sort you out as he's involved with them.

Otherwise do it yourself and pick up an Ajax alarm. Simple to install and high quality. See the Home automation forum for details.

I've requested a quote from cuala, the diy ones seem quite daunting but you know yourself it'll come down to price, thanks for the recommendation, I really appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

That's exactly what we're looking for also, sent off for a quote, thanks for the recommendation

Just in case you are headin off soon, domestic installations in occupied homes are not allowed as per PSA regulations until the end of June at the earliest.

kub wrote: »
    Just in case you are headin off soon, domestic installations in occupied homes are not allowed as per PSA regulations until the end of June at the earliest.

That's very helpful actually, I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up

Advertisement