Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh Beans in B2C Machine

Options
  • 14-05-2020 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I’m expecting delivery of my first bean to cup machine tomorrow and have just received some fresh beans from Bell Lane. Looking forward to playing around with it having come from Nespresso, Aeropress and V60 background.

Just wondering about storage of beans and leaving them in the hopper. If I just poured a 250g bag and used them over the course of a week or two will they lose freshness? Should I only be putting in as many as I need at a time to keep and storing elsewhere on between use?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I just put the amount I am using in at a time, then seal the bag (squish out the air first) and use a a clip to seal if if you have one.

Enjoy the coffee :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

breeno wrote: »
    Hi Folks

I’m expecting delivery of my first bean to cup machine tomorrow and have just received some fresh beans from Bell Lane. Looking forward to playing around with it having come from Nespresso, Aeropress and V60 background.

Just wondering about storage of beans and leaving them in the hopper. If I just poured a 250g bag and used them over the course of a week or two will they lose freshness? Should I only be putting in as many as I need at a time to keep and storing elsewhere on between use?

Thanks!

Thats not advised at all, just use a small amount, keep beans in airtight container in a cool place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Kilner Jars are dead handy to use to store beans. I peel the label off the bag of coffee itself and stick it on the various jars I have, so I know whats what.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Kilner Jars are dead handy to use to store beans. I peel the label off the bag of coffee itself and stick it on the various jars I have, so I know whats what.

I wouldn’t... Oxygen would be the biggest enemy of fresh beans ( and there’ are plenty of it in those jars)
    If you can’t vacuum seal it, just reseal original coffee bag and squeeze it to the last ( every coffee bag has oneway/no return valve ) so you’ll be able to get rid most of air.

Advertisement