Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public service pay cut?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,584 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Because of it's the latter it's bordering on insanity and he should seek help.

I have mates in Revenue and Dept Finance and they're not as obsessed with public service pay as this random IT guy.

What does this mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭fliball123

I’m guessing the motivation is some friend, neighbour or family member working in the PS is well paid and he thinks they don’t deserve it.

I don’t believe for a second this is about the fiscal health of the country.

I told you my motivation already and I have been very vocal about it. Its simple maths a pay rise to the ps means a tax increase on my pay. Its nothing to do with neighbors or home&away or anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Dav010 wrote: »
    What does this mean?

If you don't understand what I wrote, then should probably engage in some English comprehension grinds.

Fliball will be able to give you some links.

Because of it's the latter it's bordering on insanity and he should seek help.

I have mates in Revenue and Dept Finance and they're not as obsessed with public service pay as this random IT guy.

Yeah turkeys dont vote for xmas why would it be in either sectors interest to not give public sector employees a pay rise

fliball123 wrote: »
    I told you my motivation already and I have been very vocal about it. Its simple maths a pay rise to the ps means a tax increase on my pay. Its nothing to do with neighbors or home&away or anything else

So it's just selfishness then.

Perhaps you should put all this effort that you waste on boards into trying to improve your lot and get a promotion.

Or maybe use the time to research and move abroad as you keep threatening to do.

• Advertisement

If you don't understand what I wrote, then should probably engage in some English comprehension grinds.

Sorry the public sector has the grinds black market sown up

Yeah turkeys dont vote for xmas why would it be in either sectors interest to not give public sector employees a pay rise

I don't think it's too much to ask for those in the PS below a certain threshold to have their pay restored. It's hardly that onerous on the State. And it would mean you get to keep all your lovely IT wages.

So it's just selfishness then.

Perhaps you should put all this effort that you waste on boards into trying to improve your lot and get a promotion.

Or maybe use the time to research and move abroad as you keep threatening to do.

No self preservation. I think I pay (overpay) more than enough in taxes and get a p1ss poor return on the services they are supposed to be paying for. Well if income tax gets raised I will be doing just that.

Sorry the public sector has the grinds black market sown up

Jesus, you look like you need some too.

No self preservation. I think I pay (overpay) more than enough in taxes and get a p1ss poor return on the services they are supposed to be paying for. Well if income tax gets raised I will be doing just that.

It's almost like your anger is misplaced. It's rather sad tbh.

I'm dying to splurge on coffees in your honour.

• Advertisement

I’m happy to pit my educational qualifications against yours any day.

Why would your mate working in Revenue/Finance be fixated on the public service and what basis have you for your assertion that the poster harbours a personal grudge?

I don't think it's too much to ask for those in the PS below a certain threshold to have their pay restored. It's hardly that onerous on the State. And it would mean you get to keep all your lovely IT wages.

Either do I but I do think its too much to ask at a time when the country is borrowing 17 billion and we have huge threats to both our income streams and our debt. Do I need to list them all out again? I am on record here as saying if the economy comes out all guns blazing and the deficit is no longer there then I have zero issue with ps pay rises to those who deserve them.

It's almost like your anger is misplaced. It's rather sad tbh.

I'm dying to splurge on coffees in your honour.

I am actually in good form here. no anger just having a debate with you and you seem to consistent attack the poster and not the post. Work away with your splurge I couldn't begrudge you a coffee go nuts have a donut while your at it

I’m happy to pit my educational qualifications against yours any day.

Oh big man. Go get a photo of your transcript and today's paper. /s

Bizarre.

Again, if you had the most basic comprehension you would have probably been able to understand what was written and not what you wanted to be written, and we would not have gone off on this tangent.
    Why would your mate working in Revenue/Finance be fixated on the public service and what basis have you for your assertion that the poster harbours a personal grudge?

Public service pay*

You think they would have less input or interest in public sector pay than some random obsessed IT guy on the internet?

It matters not though, thankfully, you and Fliball are as irrelevant in the formation of policy as my pet dog. Though, she'd understand her own limits when it comes to certain discussions.

Either do I but I do think its too much to ask at a time when the country is borrowing 17 billion and we have huge threats to both our income streams and our debt. Do I need to list them all out again? I am on record here as saying if the economy comes out all guns blazing and the deficit is no longer there then I have zero issue with ps pay rises to those who deserve them.

So why not leave it at that? But you can't resist ranting daily about it.

Did you get dumped by a teacher or something?

I am actually in good form here. no anger just having a debate with you and you seem to consistent attack the poster and not the post. Work away with your splurge I couldn't begrudge you a coffee go nuts have a donut while your at it

No need to attack your posts when they're so obviously unhinged.

Bizarre.

Again, if you had the most basic comprehension you would have probably been able to understand what was written and not what you wanted to be written, and we would not have gone off on this tangent.

Public service pay*

You think they would have less input or interest in public sector pay than some random obsessed IT guy on the internet?

It matters not though, thankfully, you and Fliball are as irrelevant in the formation of policy as my pet dog. Though, she'd understand her own limits when it comes to certain discussions.

Well we will see as the current situation cannot continue indefinitely and something will have to give. If its more in tax I am gone and I wonder how many others will get out of dodge, we will see where the continuation of overburdening the income tax payer will get the country.

No need to attack your posts when they're so obviously unhinged.

You have not one link or any stats to back up what your on about I have put multiple sources that support what I am saying. So instead of trying to sling mud. Where are your facts?

Well we will see as the current situation cannot continue indefinitely and something will have to give. If its more in tax I am gone and I wonder how many others will get out of dodge, we will see where the continuation of overburdening the income tax payer will get the country.

I'm looking forward to this tax rise so.

You have not one link or any stats to back up what your on about I have put multiple sources that support what I am saying. So instead of trying to sling mud. Where are your facts?

What do I need to back up?

• Advertisement

So why not leave it at that? But you can't resist ranting daily about it.

Did you get dumped by a teacher or something?

No I am continuing the discussion on here as it will not be long before we are in budget territory and the more light that can be shone on the link and correlation between what we are paying out and what we are forced to pay in tax the better. You have no idea who looks at these boards.

Bizarre. .

Post history should tell you what you need to know.

Are you able to post anything that backs up your assertion that posters have personal reasons for criticism of public sector pay rather than concern over state finances?

What do I need to back up?

Why the public sector deserve three pay rises when we are borrowing 17 billion and over 240 billion in debt and faced with cuts to our corporation tax (up to 6 billion annually), a huge spend on housing (Sinn Fein promises probably in the 10s of billions here), a high chance that a good % of those on PUP payments will not have a job to walk back into once Corona is going and along with that other bodies stating we need to pay more income tax which is almost the same amount being spent on these payrises. (ERSI)

No I am continuing the discussion on here as it will not belong before we are in budget territory and the more light that can be shone on the link and correlation between what we are paying out and what we are forced to pay in tax the better. You have no idea who looks at these boards.

And what they will see is someone who doesn't do a tap of work spending hours complaining about how the ps are paid etc.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    And what they will see is someone who doesn't do a tap of work spending hours complaining about how the ps are paid etc.

Sorry are you spying on me? Do you think I am in work now? My tax still goes towards paying public sector wage , the public sectors wage does not go towards mine. Is that ok with you me auld flower. So to be clear I could be sitting here scratching myself and it wont cost you or any other tax payer a dime.

Sorry are you spying on me? Do you think I am in work now? My tax still goes towards paying public sector wage , the public sectors wage does not go towards mine. Is that ok with you me auld flower

Doesn't look like you ever are my auld flower.

As for the public service not paying your wage It actually does help to by providing the services that allow employers to function, encouraging inward investment etc.

Post history should tell you what you need to know.

Are you able to post anything that backs up your assertion that posters have personal reasons for criticism of public sector pay rather than concern over state finances?

Are you literally unable to read posts properly? Or do you get off on being obtuse?

I was joking about you needing grinds, but perhaps they may have some use.

---

Furthermore, your inability to read between the lines of Fliball's rants is odd for someone who has such a big brain.

If the choices of making a judgement on Fliball are:

1. Has a jealous streak because of a well-paid family member or acquaintance and wishes they got paid less,

or

2. Is concerned about the fiscal status of the State,

well, then I'd be more inclined to go with option 1.

Simply on the basis of their post history. Apparently that's sufficient for making a judgement on someone, according to yourself.

Now, given what Fliball has since posted about it being a personal issue about him paying more tax, then with that in mind and the fact he has some weird obsession with Teachers giving grinds, I'm willing to go with option 1 with an added "dumped by teacher" criterion.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Doesn't look like you ever are my auld flower.

As for the public service not paying your wage It actually does help to by providing the services that allow employers to function, encouraging inward investment etc.

No public sector does not pay anything towards my wage. Sorry. If anything our public sector and the state its in and what we have to pay in tax to cover it is a deterrent to people investing here.

Are you literally unable to read posts properly? Or do you get off on being obtuse?

I was joking about you needing grinds, but perhaps they may have some use.

---

Furthermore, your inability to read between the lines of Fliball's rants is odd for someone who has such a big brain.

If the choices of making a judgement on Fliball are:

1. Has a jealous streak because of a well-paid family member or acquaintance and wishes they got paid less,

or

2. Is concerned about the fiscal status of the State,

well, then I'd be more inclined to go with option 1.

Simply on the basis of their post history. Apparently that's sufficient for making a judgement on someone, according to yourself.

Now, given what Fliball has since posted about it being a personal issue about him paying more tax, then with that in mind and the fact he has some weird obsession with Teachers giving grinds, I'm willing to go with option 1 with an added "dumped by teacher" criterion.

Or option 3: He has coped onto the fact that for every euro we spend on our outgoings has to be found and successive governments seem to keep going back to income tax as the main source to pay for it.

As for teachers giving grinds that was in response to a poster who was going on about tax avoidance going on in the private sector. I simply pointed out it is rampant in both.

• Advertisement

No public sector does not pay anything towards my wage. Sorry. If anything our public sector and the state its in and what we have to pay in tax to cover it is a deterrent to people investing here.

Keep telling yourself this if it makes you feel better, it doesn't however make it factual.

Advertisement