Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird keyboard issue...

Options
  • 14-05-2020 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Microsofwt Sidefwinder x6,\ fwhich is fworking fwine except fwor tfwo small issues you fwill have seen here.

FWhen I press "w" it types "fw".
    And fwhen I press "," it types ",\"

all other keys fwork fwine.

I've taken it apart but cant see anything fwrong.

I've looked fwor a replacement but they are no longer available except fwor one fwor €600.

I love the action on the keyboard and fwould love to replace like fwor like or fwix.

Any ideas on hofw to fwix please? or fwhere I could source a replacement? (Tried eBay,\ Amazon,\ and Google)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Central Services

Zulu wrote: »
    I press "w" it types

Repeat what you did on the above occasion where you got a w with no f.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

One would assume the additional 'f' was deleted so 'fw' was typed then edited to 'w'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Central Services

KeithTS wrote: »
    One would assume the additional 'f' was deleted so 'fw' was typed then edited to 'w'.

Or pasted in.

Tongue in cheek comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Yeah. It involves lots ofw back-navigation and deletion. It's not really practical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

so those solutions didnt fwork,\ but it's a good start. thanks.
    Ifw I select a time (0.3 sec is the lofwest) it seems to fwork,\ but I ndd a delay ofw 0.001 I think.
    Close!

Do you have another keyboard that you can try?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Zulu wrote: »
    I have a Microsofwt Sidefwinder x6,\ fwhich is fworking fwine except fwor tfwo small issues you fwill have seen here.

FWhen I press "w" it types "fw".
    And fwhen I press "," it types ",\"

all other keys fwork fwine.

I've taken it apart but cant see anything fwrong.

I've looked fwor a replacement but they are no longer available except fwor one fwor €600.

I love the action on the keyboard and fwould love to replace like fwor like or fwix.

Any ideas on hofw to fwix please? or fwhere I could source a replacement? (Tried eBay,\ Amazon,\ and Google)

It also seems to type fw when you type "f"

Spill anything on the keyboard?

https://inspirefellows.wordpress.com/2010/07/24/sidewinder-x4-cleaning/

A piece detailing how to clean the keyboard.
    Somebody in the comments here seemed to have a similar issue with multiple keys being seen after one key press....they had a spillage.

Advertisement