Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copy Programme

Options
  • 14-05-2020 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a programme where I can take a photo of an onscreen doc?, pref one that I can print off the photo when needed.

There are no copyright issues at play. I just dont want to have to cut and paste endlessly. Intend using a laptop for this exercise.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Bredabe wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a programme where I can take a photo of an onscreen doc?, pref one that I can print off the photo when needed.

There are no copyright issues at play. I just dont want to have to cut and paste endlessly. Intend using a laptop for this exercise.

I presume you mean more than the amount displayed onscreen? (cos you could just use Prnt Scrn for that)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

What format is this on screen doc in?

With what do you view it on screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

There is a built in one in windows 10 & possibly win 7
    called snipping tool
    just click the windows start button and type snipping and it should be first on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

What format is this on screen doc in?

With what do you view it on screen?
    Word doc's mostly, and I assume it will still be available on Office 365 when I get to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

It might help to explain exactly what you're trying to achieve here, technically just printing the doc would satisfy what you've asked for but I don't think you'd be happy with that answer :D

Do you need the text editor to be included in the image? Does it need to be the entire document or is part of it fine? Does the image type matter? Would pdf do? Or are you trying to just extract some image from the document itself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TheChizler wrote: »
    It might help to explain exactly what you're trying to achieve here, technically just printing the doc would satisfy what you've asked for but I don't think you'd be happy with that answer :D

Do you need the text editor to be included in the image? Does it need to be the entire document or is part of it fine? Does the image type matter? Would pdf do? Or are you trying to just extract some image from the document itself?

Its a huge doc and I only need parts of it, I used to use a capture type prog for this, I cant remember the name of the prog now.

I just need to capture the info in its original page format and for that image to be readable when its printed out as well.

Screen shots dont print out the way they are needed, even after playing with the pring size.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Its a huge doc and I only need parts of it, I used to use a capture type prog for this, I cant remember the name of the prog now.

I just need to capture the info in its original page format and for that image to be readable when its printed out as well.

Screen shots dont print out the way they are needed, even after playing with the pring size.

You should print to PDF. You can specify your page ranges and you'll have all the relevant pages in a single, printable file.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

try lightshot. It is a free customizable screen printing tool which allows you to select the area of the document you wish to snip.
    it allows saving of the selected area in .jpg, .png or .bmp formats and a specific hotkey can be assigned to launch the program (default is the printscreen key)

https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

mordeith wrote: »
    You should print to PDF. You can specify your page ranges and you'll have all the relevant pages in a single, printable file.

+1

Print to PDF and select the pages you want to print.

Advertisement