Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi card for dell 9020m

Options
  • 14-05-2020 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I need a WiFi / Bluetooth card for a dell 9020m.

What is the best option for this? Can I even connect it as I can not see where the flying leads from the card attach to. It will be a card for the m.2 slot.

Need it ASAP as working from home and landlines is down.

Created own thread as previous one should be left alone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Okay so it looks like I need the antenna too and the wires route from the antenna to the card.

I need to open the knockout in the attached photo to install the antenna. The problem this gives me is that my sff is inside a frame at back of monitor and there is minimal space for the antenna.
    What I think dell have done is add what I've shown in the second photo which means my cable goes out and connect s into this intermediate point and then the antenna is mounted on outside point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Could you use a WiFi dongle instead?

Might be easier for you

I bought a PC last year and it had no WiFi card

I picked up a WiFi USB dongle online with next day delivery for 20 quid from Dublin to Cork

Immediately workes when connected via USB and had access to WiFi up to 100mb download speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

This has reared its head again.

I have USB slots available at rear of the containment unit for the 9020M. Can someone recommend a bluetooth/Wifi dongle for me?
    There are generic branded ones on Amazon. But the recognised brands such as TP-Link only seem to have separate bluetooth and wifi dongles.

Any recommendations? Neeed bluetooth for conf calls so may as well get the wifi backup at the same time.

Advertisement