Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin companies

• 14-05-2020 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Hi I’m in Dublin and Currently with Panda . Wouldn’t put black/brown bin out very often (Every 2/3 months maybe ) and there’s only 2 in house .
    Can’t make head or tail of the charges online .
    Can anyone recommend the cheapest company
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

I got City Bin for 14.99 EUR per month.

Unlimited brown and green bin.

2 people in the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

JTMan wrote: »
    I got City Bin for 14.99 EUR per month.

Unlimited brown and green bin.

2 people in the house.

Do you pay a yearly charge on top of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭horse7

Brown bin is free,. The black bin is only charged when you put it out to be collected, it's about 10€ just to have the bin lifted and so much per kilo as well. No matter if you never leave the Bin out it's 120 per year. Ring them to get the correct information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

shardylan wrote: »
    Do you pay a yearly charge on top of that

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Thanks will check them out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭corks finest

horse7 wrote: »
    Brown bin is free,. The black bin is only charged when you put it out to be collected, it's about 10€ just to have the bin lifted and so much per kilo as well. No matter if you never leave the Bin out it's 120 per year. Ring them to get the correct information.

Would ye not go to the local dump? e3/4 at my local one for a large black bag of household rubbish, mostly ashes , maximum 8 times a year, all my recycling stuff doesn't leave Aldi/ Lidl , bottle bank for glass, clothes recycling at the clothes bank, leftovers - dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Would ye not go to the local dump? e3/4 at my local one for a large black bag of household rubbish, mostly ashes , maximum 8 times a year, all my recycling stuff doesn't leave Aldi/ Lidl , bottle bank for glass, clothes recycling at the clothes bank, leftovers - dog

Great if you have both the transport and time and live near a facility
    On a Saturday you could be waiting 20-30min.

Many do this, but it does need commitment and great if you can go during the week.

Unfortunately, many need the convenience of collection.

Darc19 wrote: »
    Great if you have both the transport and time and live near a facility
    On a Saturday you could be waiting 20-30min.

Many do this, but it does need commitment and great if you can go during the week.

Unfortunately, many need the convenience of collection.

Yeah understand, definitely need the transport,mine is 20m drive, sat morning no one there'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

My bin crowd are literally "cute hoors". They were overcharging me for years because I stupidly didn't check their website where I saw that I should have been paying €80 a year less than I was for the annual charge. When I raised this with them, they said it was an "error" and while they couldn't refund me, they'd put me on the tariff advertised on their website. I then switched to a pay per lift tariff as I only put the bins out twice a month. Now they've started charging for the green bin too which means I'm now paying as much if not more than I was when on the annual charge. Checking around and the different company tariffs are like trying to compare different phone price plans or health insurance companies, i.e. impossible as they're all using different price plans.

D13exile wrote: »
    My bin crowd are literally "cute hoors". They were overcharging me for years because I stupidly didn't check their website where I saw that I should have been paying €80 a year less than I was for the annual charge. When I raised this with them, they said it was an "error" and while they couldn't refund me, they'd put me on the tariff advertised on their website. I then switched to a pay per lift tariff as I only put the bins out twice a month. Now they've started charging for the green bin too which means I'm now paying as much if not more than I was when on the annual charge. Checking around and the different company tariffs are like trying to compare different phone price plans or health insurance companies, i.e. impossible as they're all using different price plans.

Use the local dump

• Advertisement
Advertisement