Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child seat recommendations please?

Options
  • 14-05-2020 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a decent child seat for my 2 year old, it will be going onto a cube mountain bike.

Anything decent out there, Hamax stuff looks good but not sure which one to choose?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

hamax are great, i have one years and its going strong.
    its a hamax siesta. it reclines but i never got any use out of that feature so wouldnt spend extra to get it.

polisport are a good budget brand too, same quaity as hamax from what ive heard

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭tobdom

Have this Polisport one for the last couple of years, can't really fault it (except maybe the straps are a bit difficult to adjust if using it for different sized kids!).

They seem to be very similar to the Hamax ones. 22kg weight limit, which should probably be one of your main considerations in terms of longevity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Alanbt

Not cheap, but I got one of these a few months ago and don’t regret it at all

https://mac-ride.com/

Daughter is 3 in a couple of months. Use it for family spins and find it great. Able to talk about what can see on the cycle and random shi1te.
    Wife didn’t think she was big enough for this set up but having used it, I have been fully vindicated!

“This is amazing” is a regular statement from the little one on rides.

Depends on what use/set up looking for, but would recommend.
    Easy to switch between bikes too, just need to put on special headset spacer (can buy extras for multiple bikes) and doesn’t damage frame.
    Can take it off on less than a minute if going for solo spin.
    Only picture have of it attached

Advertisement