Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Gaming PC would like advice

Options
  • 14-05-2020 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Motherboard

MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard
    Memory

Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
    Storage

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Storage

Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Video Card

XFX Radeon RX 570 8 GB Video Card
    Case

Aerocool Cylon ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply

EVGA BR 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    Operating System

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit

Would like some advice on this please
    Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

No. That CPU is an APU which mean's it has graphics built into it. You don't need that with a dedicated GPU.

You want 2 sticks of RAM, ideally 16GB in total otherwise it will only run in single channel and you lose a decent chunk of performance.

What's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Instead of 3200G, look at getting 3300X or 2600.
    For RAM, never get a single stick - always dual modules (e.g. 2x4Gb, 2x 8Gb).

600W PSU is overkill. Get a nice 400-500W model (e.g. be quie System Power 9 / Pure Power 11) for less to save budget.

Don't buy Windows! You can install it for free & use without activation, they don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 HyperPlayer

Thanks I'm going to change to 2 sticks of ram
    I'm buying the gpu now so that i get experience installing one sinve ive never built a computer instead of buying one later and needing to take stuff out thanks though,

Yes im going to change ram and power supply and also going to look at getting windows free thanks,

Had to make some changes to a few things due to shipping and availability would love some feedback on this thanks. Due to long shipping times with amazon i can source all this with https://www.cclonline.com

Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x 4GB) 2666MHz DDR4
    AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8GHz 4 Core (Socket AM4) CPU
    MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX AMD Motherboard
    Western Digital Blue 1TB SATA III 3.5" HDD
    XFX Radeon RX 570 XXX 8GB Graphics Card
    Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 Gaming Case - Black
    Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 500W 80+ Gold PSU
    Kingston A400 240GB 2.5" SATA III SSD

Any help is appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Looks solid to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭djan

Had to make some changes to a few things due to shipping and availability would love some feedback on this thanks. Due to long shipping times with amazon i can source all this with https://www.cclonline.com

Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x 4GB) 2666MHz DDR4
    AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8GHz 4 Core (Socket AM4) CPU
    MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX AMD Motherboard
    Western Digital Blue 1TB SATA III 3.5" HDD
    XFX Radeon RX 570 XXX 8GB Graphics Card
    Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 Gaming Case - Black
    Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 500W 80+ Gold PSU
    Kingston A400 240GB 2.5" SATA III SSD

Any help is appreciated.

The 3xxx processors gain a lot by using faster ram. Try squeeze in at least a 3000mhz kit. Note that in some games/apps 8gb will hold it back a bit. But you can just buy another 2x4 later.

On a budget is also get a cheaper motherboard such as a ASRock B450M Pro4-F. Same functionality and at least 30eur less.

On the PSU, a bronze rated one will do just fine as well. I'd put the savings into a better gfx card.

djan wrote: »
    The 3xxx processors gain a lot by using faster ram. Try squeeze in at least a 3000mhz kit. Note that in some games/apps 8gb will hold it back a bit. But you can just buy another 2x4 later.

On a budget is also get a cheaper motherboard such as a ASRock B450M Pro4-F. Same functionality and at least 30eur less.

On the PSU, a bronze rated one will do just fine as well. I'd put the savings into a better gfx card.

Ive changed what you have advised but now im wondering what GPU i should use could you give some advice on which i could pick
    And also when i put that motherboard into pcpartpicker it says that there could be a problem with the chipset needing a bios update will this matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭djan

Ive changed what you have advised but now im wondering what GPU i should use could you give some advice on which i could pick
    And also when i put that motherboard into pcpartpicker it says that there could be a problem with the chipset needing a bios update will this matter?

I will get a parts list later on today up for you. I'm actually in the process of doing a budget gaming build for my sister.

It would help if you could post what games and what other usage will there be for the pc eg. video editing streaming etc. Also what resolution and monitor do you have? And most importantly, what is the budget? Sorry if that has already ben stated by you but I cant see it!

djan wrote: »
    I will get a parts list later on today up for you. I'm actually in the process of doing a budget gaming build for my sister.

It would help if you could post what games and what other usage will there be for the pc eg. video editing streaming etc. Also what resolution and monitor do you have? And most importantly, what is the budget? Sorry if that has already ben stated by you but I cant see it!

Thanks a mil, im going to use it to play fortnite competitively and stream casual i will do a little bit of editing but not often budget is around 650 euro including shipping and i have a 1080p 60hrz monitor might be upgrading to 120 or 144 though
    Thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

Really you should get a 1600AF/2600 over a 3300X. The 3300X is decent but it's 4 core/8 thread, the others are 6 core/12 thread. If you want this to last a while with those kinds of uses, you'd really want to be getting the 6 core.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Here's a complete system for 1080p gaming that works out of the box for €500 delivered (excluding the mouse). The two extra fans are for the front of the case (move the case supplied fans to the top and back.
    [IMG][/img]aoibha.jpg)

My brother asked me to put one together for my niece.
    Money could be shaved off the PSU by taking the 400w, which would still be plenty for this system @ £24, but the 500w leaves a lot of headroom for future upgrades,
    https://www.cclonline.com/product/231734/KL-C400/Power-Supplies/Kolink-Core-Series-400W-80-Plus-ATX-Power-Supply/PSU1435/

the 1600 AF (2600) CPU is unbeatable at the price its at and the ram is a solid performer at a great price in the current environment.

Advertisement