If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuner Replacement

Options
  • 14-05-2020 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I have an old separates system and the tuner (Sony ST-SE 300) is playing up badly and needs replacing.
    I also have:
    Marantz PM57 Amp
    Marantz CD 4000
    Project Debutt II Turntable
    Tannoy Mercury M1 Speakers

I was looking at the Yamaha RS202D on your site which looks good, I like that it has Bluetooth, it also has DAB but I don't think that is any use in West of Ireland? The only possible issue I see is that it would just about squeeze into my cabinet as it's much bulkier than the Sony.

Would like to get your recommendation on best options for me please.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

ingalway wrote: »
    Hi.

I have an old separates system and the tuner (Sony ST-SE 300) is playing up badly and needs replacing.
    I also have:
    Marantz PM57 Amp
    Marantz CD 4000
    Project Debutt II Turntable
    Tannoy Mercury M1 Speakers

I was looking at the Yamaha RS202D on your site which looks good, I like that it has Bluetooth, it also has DAB but I don't think that is any use in West of Ireland? The only possible issue I see is that it would just about squeeze into my cabinet as it's much bulkier than the Sony.

Would like to get your recommendation on best options for me please.

Thanks
    Hi ingalway,

The Yamaha RS202 is a great unit however it also has an amplifier built in so you would need to run it via the Analogue Out into your existing Marantz amp.

It has a DAB and FM tuner and also has Bluetooth built in which most tuners will not have as a feature.

You could also go for a standalone tuner like the Yamaha TD500 at £319 which has DAB, FM and AM however it wouldn't have Bluetooth built in!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

Hi ingalway,

The Yamaha RS202 is a great unit however it also has an amplifier built in so you would need to run it via the Analogue Out into your existing Marantz amp.

It has a DAB and FM tuner and also has Bluetooth built in which most tuners will not have as a feature.

You could also go for a standalone tuner like the Yamaha TD500 at £319 which has DAB, FM and AM however it wouldn't have Bluetooth built in!

Kind regards

David

Thanks David.

Can I just check one more thing. Do you mean the Aux out on the existing amp into the Yamaha? I don't have an Analogue out - there is Phono, CD, Tuner, Aux and Tape 1 & 2.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

ingalway wrote: »
    Hi ingalway,

Kind regards

David

Thanks David.

Can I just check one more thing. Do you mean the Aux out on the existing amp into the Yamaha? I don't have an Analogue out - there is Phono, CD, Tuner, Aux and Tape 1 & 2.
    Hi ingalway,

You would need to run from the output on the Yamaha as it is an amplifier itself. You can run it into any input on your Marantz other than the Phono input.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.