Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few small areas of garden need to be dug up/turned

Options
  • 14-05-2020 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭

Finally getting to tackle the garden this year - even before lockdown, so the lockdown has been somewhat helpful in that regard.

I have 3 or 4 areas that need digging up.
    I have done one of the larger areas, and half of the largest. The largest area is about 15 sq metres.
    It looks like the last person to tackle that area dumped a fair bit of rubble and bricks, not a load, but a fair amount.
    The other area that I dug up took a while and is still not finished. They had that black matting stuff anywhere there was beds, so now it is just heavy with weeds and soil.
    I'm rolling that stuff back never to darken the garden again. The last two areas are long and thin - black matting on one, not the other. No black matting on the largest area thank god.
    I am wondering would a rotavator speed things up a little bit.
    Something like this - https://www.screwfix.ie/p/yt5601-01-800w-28cm-tiller-220-240v/865fg?_requestid=134051
    Or would I be better off renting one, and does anyone know anywhere in North Dublin to rent one during lockdown if I would be better taking that route?
    Or just go at it with a pickaxe? Pickaxe would be no use for the long and narrow beds though, but might help break up the largest area.

I am going at it again tomorrow as I am now off for the weekend. Hopefully the weather is good.

Advertisement