Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

running electrics to garden room

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Anyway op, meteor electrical or similar can give you an idea of cable prices.
    Either 6 square or 10. I ran 6 out to my one, even though at the time I was using only lights and a few sockets, and it was about a 20 meter run, and 2 cat 5 cables which as of yet I have not used, but will at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭JL spark

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Really ?
    Are you saying that as a competent DIYer I am unable to dig a trench and run some wire in it ? As the builder of a timber construction "house" for all intents and purposes, I am deemed incapable of drilling some holes in my frame and threading some wire through it - and that regs stop any sparky having spec'd, directed and then assessed the work to wire that into the main consumer board and then sign off?

I am honestly in total shock :eek: - I was able to help my friend build his own light aircraft and I have recently rebuilt the brakes on my car - the plane was deemed fit to fly after and inspection and the car passed the nct !

All the electrics in the house are less than 5 years old - (done by a REC :D)

I’m afraid that doesn’t mean a thing ,it’s restricted works , which will need a cert 3 which you can’t give , home insurance etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Conte..

Bruthal wrote: »
    Told you 10 square based on first post. You didnt like that recommendation. Mystic meg will be of more help now I think based on later posts.

You would be thinking 10sq off the bat before doing any calculations

Advertisement