Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating question

Options
  • 14-05-2020 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

So house with boiler and pump in garage

Power comes from house heating controls out to garage to fire boiler

I'm now adding 2 radiators upstairs in garage and plumber is adding motorized valve and seperate pump

So heating feed to boiler is on RCD on House board

Garage heating controls are fed from Garage board on its own RCD

What I'm looking for is your opinion on what way to wire it....

I suspect a relay will be needed????

Thanks is advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

What I think you are saying is that the new heating controls will be on one circuit and the boiler they are to fire will be on another. If so using a relay would be a good solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭greenore

Yes however will there be a problem as both heating systems will be fed from seperate boards and seperate RCD's so might be a tripping issue?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

greenore wrote: »
      Yes however will there be a problem as both heating systems will be fed from seperate boards and seperate RCD's so might be a tripping issue?

Not a problem if a relay is used. The coil from the relay can be fed from one source and the contact from the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

greenore wrote: »

The 2 circuits will be isolated from each other through use of the relay.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭greenore

Ok great anyone fancy doing me a wiring diagram?

• Advertisement
    • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Conte..

I would check that that the isolating switch for the garage breaks the control circuit from the house, important.Theres ways of doing that.

Mark the separate control circuits and ensure proper isolation at the boiler

Advertisement