Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC on a Budget

Options
  • 15-05-2020 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi folks!

I’m sure to some this will seem very stupid to some but I need help!

I’m looking at building a budget gaming pc, anywhere from €350-500, maybe a bit more if I have too!

I can definitely build it myself but it’s finding that performance and price ratio!

I’d like to be able to play most/all modern games if possible, maybe not on the highest setting but enough for a casual gamer! Is it possible to play like Assassins creed odyssey etc?

Really appreciate any help and perhaps give your recommendations for components!

Might be able to scavenge a power supply or maybe an old case or something that’ll do the job!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Keithdwat

1. What is your budget? [€350-550]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming/Internet (Triple AA games, sea of thieves, hitman 2 if possible, maybe VR in future?

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? SSD/HDD likely, case maybe, dvd drive sure, power supply maybe

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need. N/A

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1440x900

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Not yet

8. How can you pay? Debit/Credit card, bank transfer

9. When are you purchasing? Probably end of summer.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/WXBjQq

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor (£98.99 @ CCL Computers)
    Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£73.95 @ Amazon UK)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£69.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 570 8 GB Video Card (£124.99 @ CCL Computers)
    Power Supply: be quiet! System Power 9 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£52.71 @ Amazon UK)
    Monitor: Philips 246E9QJAB/00 23.8" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor (£109.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £530.61
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-15 09:37 BST+0100

Invest a bit more & upgrade your screen, too. 1080p 75Hz IPS would be a start.

Come back when you're about to buy as prices/parts tend to fluctuate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Here's a cheaper rig I built for my daughter last week. It came in at €500 delivered from CCL.
    It's a 6 core, 12 thread CPU (Ryzen 1600 AF is the same as a 2600).
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113388313&postcount=7

Advertisement