Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current One x value?

• 15-05-2020 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey,

I am interested in selling my Xbox and putting the money towards the new one when it comes out.
    How much should I expect to get for it now?

My local Gamestop is closed and there seems to be a lot of low balling on listings I have seen on adverts.
    And so the best way to go about selling it would be appreciated too.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭Xterminator

hey i always think you need to see how much someone can pick one up for from the likes of amazon.

i can get a second hand from 270 sterling or 300 euro on amazon, with a guarantee. So id set your ball park around 300.
    If are you selling extra controllers with a handful of games, then maybe a little more.

When the new model comes out in a few months that will only fall further.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Eh.... CEX is who you are up against. I can get a 2 year warranty there. Why would I pay significantly more, than they will to get it from you, when its buyer beware and second hand.

Why not wait for the trade in deals when the new console comes out? Assuming Gamestop are still in business by then. Anyone else do trade ins? Argos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,347 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Hey,

I am interested in selling my Xbox and putting the money towards the new one when it comes out.
    How much should I expect to get for it now?

My local Gamestop is closed and there seems to be a lot of low balling on listings I have seen on adverts.
    And so the best way to go about selling it would be appreciated too.

Thanks

CEX are online again, for both buying and selling. How it works with hardware, I've no idea.

https://ie.webuy.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Yeah keep an eye out for the trade in offers.

Gamestop tend to run pretty decent trade in a console with x number of games from a chosen list for a significant discount on a new console. If you look at the listed games, even if you don't have a particular game from the list you tend to be able to find several on there that are either on sale elsewhere or going cheap second hand. Thats what I did when purchasing my one x.

• Advertisement
Advertisement