Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimate Data Cabling

Options
  • 15-05-2020 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I've put out a request for quotes to do the following job, waiting on responses. Any idea of a ballpark.

3 storey, 1700 sq ft new build. Install Cat 5e or Cat6 cabling to 6 rooms in the house. Looking to have it going to about 7 different points with about 20 cables in total, all coming back to 1 room. House is currently a shell, with concrete floors on ground floor, with the timber floors on other floors.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

If possible, would you mind sharing the quotes you get. I'm looking at doing something similar as a DIY project but I would get a professional if it was reasonable.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

If possible, would you mind sharing the quotes you get. I'm looking at doing something similar as a DIY project but I would get a professional if it was reasonable.

Thank you.

Will do once I get some back

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Are you using ducts or just like normal wiring
    Any external for cctv?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Are you using ducts or just like normal wiring
    Any external for cctv?

There's no ducting in place at the moment unfortunately.

In an ideal world, I would also add 6 points for external cctv, but that's a nice to have rather than essential, budget depending.

Advertisement