Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPU Upgrade

Options
  • 15-05-2020 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,565 ✭✭✭✭

I'm considering upgrading my GPU, the machine was built 6 years ago now and below is the spec:

8GB RAM
    Intel i4-4460

Antec ISK Family 600 Mini-ITX

ASUS H81I-PLUS, 1150, ITX

Radeon R9 270X 2GB GDDR5

It's running most games that I play (CS:GO etc) fine still if I am totally honest, even Far Cry 4 ran ok-ish. However it's at the stage now where even if it runs some newer games ok there is some big performance or FPS hits.

I don't really have the money to replace the whole thing which is what I would like to do as this was built for my old apartment were space was at a premium hence the mITX, would rather move to a Tower. Is there a GPU worth jumping to that would give me decent enough performance to run say Far Cry 5 or Warzone at a decent frame rate? i.e. get me through the next maybe 2 years before I replace the whole lost.

Probably up to say €200 or so?

Comments

Advertisement