Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new generation,are rebelling the last generation..

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭Cobalt17

mdudy wrote: »
    It is.

Making what up? 'limp-wristed' is homophobic. Idiot.

Limp-wristed means weak. You’ve actually just proved my point. You’ve taken something that I said completely out of context to feed your addiction to outrage and misrepresenting it. Take a hike.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭collywobble7

nthclare wrote:
    Thankfully meme's are getting through to people, and pushing the boundaries again..

Lol at this....the innocence

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

there has never been a less rebellious generation than the current teen and twenty something one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭BarnardsLoop

Its frank grimes (or grimey as he liked to be called ) logic. You have bormally pretty stable people who have heen fine with everything for years, then you have them witnessing things that are so delusional and at the start going ‘hah what nutjobs’ but then they see around them that people go along with this, with it being adopted as policy and formerly respected news titles promoting this view and it just sends them into a ‘the world has gone mad, why can nobody see this’ frenzy.

Its not the correct response to these things, but its human nature when the world is busy pushing for changes that are completely at odds with decent morality, our own expectations of safety and to which seems counterproductive to almost anyone.

Yeah you can **** off with your "decent morality". Time was being gay was seen as a threat to "decent morality" and with the resurgence of the far-right, we're seeing those types crawling out of the woodwork, screeching about 'Entartung' 'degeneracy'.

I've no time for people who try to dress up their hostility to anything new or different as "morality". If you don't like something or someone, say it, and have the courage to face criticism.

Sick of these types whinging about 'snowflakes' when they cry 'thought crime' or 'wrong think' or whatever the buzzword du jour is if anyone dares to criticise them.

The new generation aren't rebelling; lonely, bitter young men who've been isolated for whatever reason(s) are being radicalised. But you won't hear a peep from the usual quarters about it, of course, because the right will never, ever criticise their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    there has never been a less rebellious generation than the current teen and twenty something one
    But Joe, we cant even have our Leaving Cert holiday, its a disgrace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

nthclare wrote: »
    I notice that a lot of young people are rebelling against the PC culture and history is repeating itself, young men and women just tired of being shut down, being told what's appropriate for sensitive ears etc.

Watching movies from the 80's and 90's where anything goes, is said or lauged about.. is an eye opener for the teens and young adults of today.

It's very refreshing to see that humanity has hope and hopefully romance falling in love will reeamerge and men and women will again get their feet back on the ground.

It's enlightening to see, all these social justice warriors and their ilk are not having any influence on the next 20 something's...

Looks like we're in for a social turn around, and I'm delighted to see people are waking up and ignoring the fake news and political correct brigade's...

Thankfully meme's are getting through to people, and pushing the boundaries again..

As the posh people say, it's going to be a jolly good show and here here...

Onwards and upwards...

Do you honestly think "game of thrones", would have been allowed in the 80s.
    People have rose tinted glasses about the past, there was of plenty censorship in the 80s both in terms of official laws and societal norms.
    "Anything goes".. far from it

The divorce referendum only past by the slimmest margins, how is that for telling people how to behave. Nearly 50% felt entitled in get involved in the marriage of others.
    All this PC gone mad is just nonsense, there has never been more freedom to live your life as you choose..
    Is having a bit of manners is too PC for some people.

joe40 wrote: »
    Is having a bit of manners is too PC for some people.

Shur if everyone just had some manners we'd be grand..

It would help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭mdudy

Cobalt17 wrote: »
    Limp-wristed means weak. You’ve actually just proved my point. You’ve taken something that I said completely out of context to feed your addiction to outrage and misrepresenting it. Take a hike.

And where do you think that comes from? You sound triggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Teenagers today seem more conservative than their parents behaviour wise

That device they carry around is like a millstone around their necks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Yes we could all bore each other to death.
    I was behind the door when manners were being dished out.

Personally i despise mean people, i also admire people who take the mickey out of others as long as it's well meaning.
    We have become very stuffy as a people which for me is unfortunate.
    It's very noticeable on this "forum" as the mods are on everything even for no reason.
    I was banned here from a thread for reason? "i do not know"
    We are supposed to be having fun and "banter"
    Agree and disagree that.s life...

Mad_maxx wrote: »

Absolutely agree...

Yes we could all bore each other to death.
    I was behind the door when manners were being dished out.

Personally i despise mean people, i also admire people who take the mickey out of others as long as it's well meaning.
    We have become very stuffy as a people which for me is unfortunate.
    It's very noticeable on this "forum" as the mods are on everything even for no reason.
    I was banned here from a thread for reason? "i do not know"
    We are supposed to be having fun and "banter"
    Agree and disagree that.s life...

"Take the Mickey out of others, so long as it is well meaning."
    Why does it have to be well meaning? Why not just take the Mickey out of people regardless. Anything else is boring according to some.
    Of course you can have disagreements, arguments and banter. A bit of common decency and respect doesn't stop those things.

joe40 wrote: »
    "Take the Mickey out of others, so long as it is well meaning."
    Why does it have to be well meaning? Why not just take the Mickey out of people regardless. Anything else is boring according to some.
    Of course you can have disagreements, arguments and banter. A bit of common decency and respect doesn't stop those things.

I was going to reply, but I said there was probably no point..

mdudy wrote: »
    And where do you think that comes from?

Ancient Rome. Rhetoric teachers discouraged having a limp-wrist while public speaking. This has nothing to do with homosexuality.

go-on, go-on, take off your wollie sheepskin...

go-on, go-on, take off your wollie sheepskin...

Is this the banter you were talking about?..

Classic..hilarious..

I'll presume you meant 'wooly' sheepskin?..
    Aren't all sheepskins wooly by their very nature?..

Anyway..classic..I'm still laughing here..

Top 'Banter'..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭BarnardsLoop

Cobalt17 wrote: »
    Ancient Rome. Rhetoric teachers discouraged having a limp-wrist while public speaking. This has nothing to do with homosexuality.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/limp-wristed
    (slang, derogatory) Of a man: having effeminate qualities or characteristics perceived to be homosexual in nature.

It's common knowledge that it's long been used as an insult towards gay men, cop the **** on.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Yeah you can **** off with your "decent morality". Time was being gay was seen as a threat to "decent morality" and with the resurgence of the far-right, we're seeing those types crawling out of the woodwork, screeching about 'Entartung' 'degeneracy'.

I've no time for people who try to dress up their hostility to anything new or different as "morality". If you don't like something or someone, say it, and have the courage to face criticism.

Sick of these types whinging about 'snowflakes' when they cry 'thought crime' or 'wrong think' or whatever the buzzword du jour is if anyone dares to criticise them.

The new generation aren't rebelling; lonely, bitter young men who've been isolated for whatever reason(s) are being radicalised. But you won't hear a peep from the usual quarters about it, of course, because the right will never, ever criticise their own.

There's plenty of legitimate degeneracy in the mainstream these days. From programmes like Naked attraction to child drag shows. Absolutely degenerate is the correct description.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I dont think youd find many giving out about gay people or their reight to exist anymore, attitudes in the past were backwards and we all know that now.

What Im talking about is child drag queens dancing for men in bars , child sex changes , mass immigration of incompatible cultures, the blame all men agenda, anti white racism and other things that the ‘woke’ bridgade peddle. Those things are never going to be alright, it wont be a case of ‘being on the right side of history’ to allow them. These are most peoples contention with ‘the left’ , presenting it as racism or homophobia is just a simple way for you to brush concerns over genuine issues under the carpet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

IT was only a matter of time when this obnoxious, pious, outrage/victimhood culture was going to be rejected, it is devoid of creativity and humour ...expect the media industry to be the last to cop on!!

The legacy of this "culture" is the 100 or so genders!!!

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/limp-wristed

It's common knowledge that it's long been used as an insult towards gay men, cop the **** on.

Try reading the first definition on the link you posted. Context is important here.

I dont think youd find many giving out about gay people or their reight to exist anymore, attitudes in the past were backwards and we all know that now.

What Im talking about is child drag queens dancing for men in bars , child sex changes , mass immigration of incompatible cultures, the blame all men agenda, anti white racism and other things that the ‘woke’ bridgade peddle. Those things are never going to be alright, it wont be a case of ‘being on the right side of history’ to allow them. These are most peoples contention with ‘the left’ , presenting it as racism or homophobia is just a simple way for you to brush concerns over genuine issues under the carpet.

I never understood this. Children dancing for grown men in bars is unacceptable and disgusting under any circumstances, but it’s for some reason empowering if the kids are in drag?

I’ve watched RuPaul, frankly more power to any adult who wants to do drag, it’s entertaining, dramatic, and gives an opportunity for a section of the population to express themselves freely. But sexualising children is an evil which should be punished with castration.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

What do you expect? The modern left has degenerated to the point where male feminists threaten women with violence for being 'terfs'.

You could be kicked out of the UK Labour Party if you don't believe that women can be born with a penis.

you were going to reply but you a "bit sheepish"

You could be kicked out of the UK Labour Party if you don't believe that women can be born with a penis.

Again, I’ve no problem with trans people. If it makes them happy, go for it.

What I’ve a problem with, is the whole idea that you’re a bigot if you only want to date biological women. Similarly, a beautician was labelled a bigot because she wouldn’t Brazilian wax a transwoman’s balls.

you were going to reply but you a "bit sheepish"

If you can't even master fairly basic grammar I doubt you'd stand a chance in a battle of wits..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

sabat wrote: »
    It's one of the better known "naziploitation" flicks from a fad that lasted from about the late 60s to the early 80s. They were mainly Italian made and usually featured gratuitous nudity and sadism.

There was a bunch of mock trailers with the film Deathproof that took the piss out of these films. 'Werewolf Women of the SS' was one of them. :D

If you can't even master fairly basic grammar I doubt you'd stand a chance in a battle of wits..

You are helping the OP making their original point, you have no sense of the fun of life...

• Advertisement

You are helping the OP making their original point, you have no sense of the fun of life...

I don't think I am making his point..I may not have a sense of the fun in life though..you might be right there..

But realise that you're only able to focus on the fun in life because for long enough people tried not to get stupider than what came before them..

Advertisement