Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new generation,are rebelling the last generation..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Cobalt17 wrote: »
    I never understood this. Children dancing for grown men in bars is unacceptable and disgusting under any circumstances, but it’s for some reason empowering if the kids are in drag?

I’ve watched RuPaul, frankly more power to any adult who wants to do drag, it’s entertaining, dramatic, and gives an opportunity for a section of the population to express themselves freely. But sexualising children is an evil which should be punished with castration.

Exactly, to agree with it is an offensive opinion, it should be offensive, its disgusting and goes against any decent human beings morals, but there are media outlets, websites and even politicians celibrating this and aligning themselves with bodies who celebrate this. But you oppose them and youre just ‘an angry white man afraid of change’

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

That child dancing for adult men should be taken into care and his parents prosecuted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭BarnardsLoop

Try reading the first definition on the link you posted. Context is important here.

You insisted it wasn't homophobic, I've demonstrated that it's used in that way and it has been used in that way for decades at least, whether you want to admit it or not.

Sorry but I've a low tolerance for bull**** these days.
    There's plenty of legitimate degeneracy in the mainstream these days. From programmes like Naked attraction to child drag shows. Absolutely degenerate is the correct description.

Oh, spare me the moral panic. If you want to screech about "degeneracy" then you're talking to the wrong person. As I've said before: unhook yourself from the IV of American Youtube outrage mongers and try living in the real world for a bit.

Or don't and get radicalised. **** knows the admins here don't seem to give two ****s about that kind of crap being peddled on forums like this.
    I dont think youd find many giving out about gay people or their reight to exist anymore, attitudes in the past were backwards and we all know that now.

What Im talking about is child drag queens dancing for men in bars , child sex changes , mass immigration of incompatible cultures, the blame all men agenda, anti white racism and other things that the ‘woke’ bridgade peddle. Those things are never going to be alright, it wont be a case of ‘being on the right side of history’ to allow them. These are most peoples contention with ‘the left’ , presenting it as racism or homophobia is just a simple way for you to brush concerns over genuine issues under the carpet.

Yeah and saying they're "genuine issues" is a simple way to euphemise racism, sexism, and other bigotry. I'm sure to racists, the idea of black people marrying white people is a "genuine issue", just as much as the idea of people from the 'wrong' cultures immigrating here is.

And again, all ye have is that one example of the child drag act. I'm not going to defend it but neither am I going to bother entertaining the idea that it's anything more than a single anomaly.

As for """mass""" immigration, I can see from your unironic use of the term that there's going to be no talking to you, let alone 'anti white racism'. Something tells me if I ask for evidence of that I'm going to get the same runaround of white-nationalist blogs making ****e up and being eaten up by gullible ****wits.

"Blame all men agenda", Christ alive, do you actually read the ****e you spout before hitting submit? How do you manage to type at all with that massive chip you're carrying?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Culture swings from very repressive to very liberal then there is a reaction against the extreme liberalisation to some sort of middle ground.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thesis,_antithesis,_synthesis

There may well be a swing back from the sexual revulation to something in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I don't think I am making his point..I may not have a sense of the fun in life though..you might be right there..

But realise that you're only able to focus on the fun in life because for long enough people tried not to get stupider than what came before them..

I have no idea of what you trying to say???

• Advertisement

I have no idea of what you trying to say???

I wouldn't expect you to..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I wouldn't expect you to..

You going round in circles as first you said you too sheepish to say anything and you still said nottinnnnn....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭mdudy

Try reading the first definition on the link you posted. Context is important here.

And limp-wristed in the context of heterosexual courting is what? Weak or homophobic? I’m going with homophobic because that’s what it is.

And also, it does not come from Ancient Rome. You did a bit of googling and picked the first article that comes up. The OED has its first use in the 1950s/60s as in its effeminate meaning - I’ll go with the OED over Slate lmao.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

You insisted it wasn't homophobic, I've demonstrated that it's used in that way and it has been used in that way for decades at least, whether you want to admit it or not.

Sorry but I've a low tolerance for bull**** these days.

Oh, spare me the moral panic. If you want to screech about "degeneracy" then you're talking to the wrong person. As I've said before: unhook yourself from the IV of American Youtube outrage mongers and try living in the real world for a bit.

Or don't and get radicalised. **** knows the admins here don't seem to give two ****s about that kind of crap being peddled on forums like this.

Yeah and saying they're "genuine issues" is a simple way to euphemise racism, sexism, and other bigotry. I'm sure to racists, the idea of black people marrying white people is a "genuine issue", just as much as the idea of people from the 'wrong' cultures immigrating here is.

And again, all ye have is that one example of the child drag act. I'm not going to defend it but neither am I going to bother entertaining the idea that it's anything more than a single anomaly.

As for """mass""" immigration, I can see from your unironic use of the term that there's going to be no talking to you, let alone 'anti white racism'. Something tells me if I ask for evidence of that I'm going to get the same runaround of white-nationalist blogs making ****e up and being eaten up by gullible ****wits.

"Blame all men agenda", Christ alive, do you actually read the ****e you spout before hitting submit? How do you manage to type at all with that massive chip you're carrying?

See youve proven my point exactly , i listed a load of genuine issues and you respond with “youre trying to apologise for racists complaining about race mixing” you just adjust what people are looking for in order for you to write it off in your head as racism and brush it under the rug.

I dont think youd find many giving out about gay people or their reight to exist anymore, attitudes in the past were backwards and we all know that now.

What Im talking about is child drag queens dancing for men in bars , child sex changes , mass immigration of incompatible cultures, the blame all men agenda, anti white racism and other things that the ‘woke’ bridgade peddle. Those things are never going to be alright, it wont be a case of ‘being on the right side of history’ to allow them. These are most peoples contention with ‘the left’ , presenting it as racism or homophobia is just a simple way for you to brush concerns over genuine issues under the carpet.

Sounds like you spend too much time online mate - the Americanisation of your examples is evidence of that, as are your 22,000+ posts on here I'd be correct, ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

See youve proven my point exactly , i listed a load of genuine issues and you respond with “youre trying to apologise for racists complaining about race mixing” you just adjust what people are looking for in order for you to write it off in your head as racism and brush it under the rug.

Everyone sees issues through their own lens what someone sees as degenerate someone else sees as mere vulgarity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

As for """mass""" immigration, I can see from your unironic use of the term that there's going to be no talking to you,
    ?

I am broadly of the left and would have no problem with that term. In fact the mass movement of people around the world is just another form of neoliberalism which supports the unfettered movement of labour and capital.
    Something tells me if I ask for evidence of that I'm going to get the same runaround of white-nationalist blogs making ****e up and being eaten up by gullible ****wits.

Maybe although that is largely preemptive well poisoning.

The real problem is the use of the term "white", which is largely an american term anyway.

mdudy wrote: »
    Sounds like you spend too much time online mate - the Americanisation of your examples is evidence of that, as are your 22,000+ posts on here I'd be correct, ffs.

There is a huge example of Americanisation on left and right. The "left" who hate Russia, get overly excited about Trump rather than Obama ( both war criminals), rant about largely irrelevant US movements like the alt right, while ignoring US imperialism when it suits -- most of the time, particularly since Obama - are as Americanised as any right winger.

FVP3 wrote: »
    There is a huge example of Americanisation on left and right. The "left" who hate Russia, get overly excited about Trump rather than Obama ( both war criminals), rant about largely irrelevant US movements like the alt right, while ignoring US imperialism when it suits -- most of the time, particularly since Obama - are as Americanised as any right winger.

Yeah, but - not so much in real life. Threads like these are so detached from reality its funny. I'm quite liberal and have went three extremely liberal universities and have never come across these topics in real life (to the extent that people posting in this thread think 'woke' people actually care about).

Yeah, but - not so much in real life. Threads like these are so detached from reality its funny. I'm quite liberal and have went three extremely liberal universities and have never come across these topics in real life (to the extent that people posting in this thread think 'woke' people actually care about).

Thats probably true too. I removed myself from twitter and facebook, and that ends most of it, right and left. The craziness does appear on boards a bit too but less so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

if you want to know what's happened to "the left" (by which i mean the Guardian reading, kambucha swilling, eggshell treading bourgeoisie), look no further than the terf feminist vs trans activist struggle. utter madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

'Snowflake', 'SJW', 'PC gone mad', 'feminazis', 'Virtue Signalling'.

The nomenclature of the terminally dim.

Look you are doing you back no favors bending down that far down for such low hanging fruit.

Never mind the fact that getting uppity about the possibility of someone (other than yourself) using the terms 'SJW', 'PC gone mad', 'feminazis', 'Virtue Signalling' is actually a good example of.. oh no, I can't say it now.. Junkyard Tom has decreed that the term I wanted to use is off limits.

Damn you Voltaire!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

i think he means that the terms were over played and are now hackneyed, which is probably true. but hey, if they wind the right people up, they must still be effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

There's plenty of legitimate degeneracy in the mainstream these days. From programmes like Naked attraction

Don't like it? Then don't watch it.

to child drag shows. Absolutely degenerate is the correct description.

Whats this? Examples please.

Look you are doing you back no favors bending down that far down for such low hanging fruit.

Never mind the fact that getting uppity about the possibility of someone (other than yourself) using the terms 'SJW', 'PC gone mad', 'feminazis', 'Virtue Signalling' is actually a good example of.. oh no, I can't say it now.. Junkyard Tom has decreed that the term I wanted to use is off limits.

Damn you Voltaire!

Don't be such a snowflake, are you triggered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

I disagree. US Identity politics and woke culture influence the Irish mainstream.

For example the policy of defining Travellers as a separate ethnicity is an importation of the US concept of the Designated Victim Group. The prohibition on criticising Travellers, a presidential candidate who did was vilified as "Fascist" and media self-censor on reporting Traveller crime, is also a relatively new import.

An elderly person in Rural Ireland living in terror of their Traveller neighbours who break the law with impunity may not know how American Identity Politics Professors thousands of miles away contributed to their predicament, but it doesn't change the fact that they did.

Odhinn wrote: »
    That's dubious all right.

While it is disturbing, if so-called 'conservatives' were half as concerned with child poverty/hunger as they are with screaming for the state to police morals then we'd have a much better world.

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    I disagree. US Identity politics and woke culture influence the Irish mainstream.

For example the policy of defining Travellers as a separate ethnicity is an importation of the US concept of the Designated Victim Group. The prohibition on criticising Travellers, a presidential candidate who did was vilified as "Fascist" and media self-censor on reporting Traveller crime, is also a relatively new import.

An elderly person in Rural Ireland living in terror of their Traveller neighbours who break the law with impunity may not know how American Identity Politics Professors thousands of miles away contributed to their predicament, but it doesn't change the fact that they did.

Yeah, I'm not entirely going to disagree with the point you've made. My issue is with the left-of-field examples these people use (generally American, and generally rare - like the kid drag queen article from 2018).
    Normal people are opposed to little boys being dressed up like prostitutes and dancing in gay nightclubs.

Yikes. What do prostitutes have to do with anything?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Yeah, I'm not entirely going to disagree with the point you've made. My issue is with the left-of-field examples these people use (generally American, and generally rare - like the kid drag queen article from 2018).

It's not just something that happens in the US or online.

Last year Deansgrange Library was due to host an event where Drag Queens from the Glitter Hole collective would read stories to young children.

People questioned whether this was appropriate and the event was cancelled by DLR Country Council.

The Council's first statement was that the event was not age appropriate or family friendly. Glitter Hole reacted with fury. Although Glitter Hole's logo is an idealised naked male arse they were adamant there was nothing sexual or age inappropriate about their show for young children

DLR, most likely petrified of being denounced as homophobic, issued a new statement claiming that the event was a safety risk due to online hate speech; smoothly changing to narrative to one about the alt-right bogeyman.

https://www.thejournal.ie/drag-storytelling-4592228-Apr2019/

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    It's not just something that happens in the US or online.

Last year Deansgrange Library was due to host an event where Drag Queens from the Glitter Hole collective would read stories to young children.

People questioned whether this was appropriate and the event was cancelled by DLR Country Council.

The Council's first statement was that the event was not age appropriate or family friendly. Glitter Hole reacted with fury. Although Glitter Hole's logo is an idealised naked male arse they were adamant there was nothing sexual or age inappropriate about their show for young children

DLR, most likely petrified of being denounced as homophobic, issued a new statement claiming that the event was a safety risk due to online hate speech; smoothly changing to narrative to one about the alt-right bogeyman.

https://www.thejournal.ie/drag-storytelling-4592228-Apr2019/

I do not see an issue with a drag queen reading a story to children in a library.

• Advertisement

I do not see an issue with a drag queen reading a story to children in a library.

Plenty of others do; and even more are uncomfortable at any criticism being misrepresented as hate-speech, and the critics misrepresented as bigots.

Anyway, you were saying this sort of thing only happens in the US, I gave you a couple of examples to show you that it's happening here.

Advertisement