Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

timber edging

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭con747

Should last a minimum of 10+ years

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Ros1234

I've put treated 4x2's between a bark mulched bank and a gravel path, I "wrapped" the top and 2 sides with DPC and left the bottom side open.

I was hoping to get 10 plus years out of it but we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

I would really use brick, cobbleblock or granite if I were you.
    Treated timber ain't what it used to be since creosote was banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

I have something similar to do. I was looking at these. Not the most elegant, but depending on location might be OK. Durable and fairly cheap. I got a 33mtr path scraped out, and need to edge it. More interested in function than appearance.
    https://www.goodwins.ie/products/Soap-Bar-100mm-4-Concrete.html?filter_set[]=1,71

• Registered Users Posts: 31,070 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I've got treated 3x3s (I think) between gravel and beds, and also some corten steel edging.

The wood doesn't look great, and I don't much like the steel either.

I do, however, have a lovely border of random granite stones between a couple of the beds and grass. That's really nice.

There's some nice heavy black plastic edging available too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement