Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AE911 truth vs Mick West ( Iron Microspheres)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

How did 100% pure Iron Spheres form in the first place? Unable to answer your last post was a waste of time.
    You're right about Al

100% Pure Iron spheres when left alone in the presence of oxygen will form iron oxide on the surface and will become not 100% iron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

How did 100% pure Iron Spheres form in the first place?
    Who says that's 100% iron spheres formed in the first place.
    That's not what the study says.
    Unable to answer your last post was a waste of time.
    You're not able to answer my questions because you don't know how to answer them.
    You're right about Al
    Which part? That there's no aluminium oxide mentioned in the graph? Or that you have issues telling the letter I and the letter L apart?

King Mob wrote: »
    Who says that's 100% iron spheres formed in the first place.
    That's not what the study says.

I don't think you know what elemental Iron means. Your theory is there some Iron oxide after the fact makes them less pure? Do you notice how silly that is?
    Fe- spheres have a melting point of over 1500 degrees Celsius you ignored that part.

I don't think you know what elemental Iron means. Your theory is there some Iron oxide after the fact makes them less pure? Do you notice how silly that is?
    I know what elemental iron means.

Elemental iron, when it is exposed to air, forms iron oxide.
    You seem to be saying this does not happen.
    Fe- spheres have a melting point of over 1500 degrees Celsius you ignored that part.
    No, I haven't. This has been explained to you.
    When you use a fire striker, it can produce molten iron that can form microspheres.
    The iron that breaks off starts cold, but it becomes hot and molten because it starts to burn/oxidise.

Again, this seems like something a welder would know...

Also, you are ignoring the other points I made.
    Particularly the point that the study did not find any aluminium oxide.
    If there's no aluminium oxide, then there was no thermite.
    End of story.

I know what elemental iron means.

Elemental iron, when it is exposed to air, forms iron oxide.
    You seem to be saying this does not happen.

No, I haven't. This has been explained to you.
    When you use a fire striker, it can produce molten iron that can form microspheres.
    The iron that breaks off starts cold, but it becomes hot and molten because it starts to burn/oxidise.

Again, this seems like something a welder would know...

Also, you are ignoring the other points I made.
    Particularly the point that the study did not find any aluminium oxide.
    If there's no aluminium oxide, then there was no thermite.
    End of story.

As a debunker you trying to cast doubt on what has occurred here. Explained and outlined for weeks now the Fe-spheres formed inside the building on 9/11
    When the planes hit the building, and the time before the collapses, is when the Fe- spheres got made, end of story.
    RJLee group does not claim they got made outside the building, and yet you still go to great lengths to confuse here, and bring up others ways to make them, and the theory does not apply here for the building at all (fire striker no)

RJ Lee group study- there was a massive amount of elemental Iron Spheres found in the WTC dust. Elemental Iron has a melting point of over 1500 degrees Celsius. NIST says fires on 9/11 were 1000 degrees Celsius. Only for a brief period when the jet fuel burned.

How many times do I have tell you this again Nano thermite and thermite are different..

Statement from Wiki
    Nanothermites are created from reactant particles with proximities approaching the atomic scale, energy release rates are far greater

It not thermite
    Research into military applications of nano-sized materials began in the early 1990s. Because of their highly increased reaction rate, nanosized thermitic materials are being studied by the U.S. military with the aim of developing new types of bombs.

• Advertisement

This is good to see a top construction news site based in Canada now wrote an article.

The Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth (AE911T) has formally filed a Request for Correction with the NIST following a new and detailed four-year analysis by a team at the University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF).

It says the World Trade Center (WTC) building 7 collapse was a “near-simultaneous failure of every column in the building” and dismissed the NIST finding that heat from the fire caused beams to “walk off” their moorings.

Sept. 11, 2001 is the tragedy of when two hijacked planes hit the WTC 1 and WTC 2 towers sending debris tumbling onto WTC 7. The NIST claimed that embers ignited a fire which then caused the 47-storey building to collapse on itself at 5:20 p.m., hours after the initial incident that morning.

“We have filed a request for correction because the NIST report is wrong,” says Ted Walter, spokesperson for AE911T, which is a group of 3,000 engineers, scientists and architects, including more than a dozen Canadians ones, that paid US$316,000 for the study.

“From an engineering perspective it is imperative to understand how and why this building came down under design load conditions,” said Walter.

The study says NIST made some fundamental errors in how engineers estimated the rigidity of the outside building frame and that the heat generated by the fire did not trigger “thermal movements” at a critical base plate support.

Further, the group, which includes families of those killed, asserts that the investigation is flawed and that the conclusions as to what happened must be based on “science and engineering” and accept that controlled demolition is a plausible cause.
    https://canada.constructconnect.com/dcn/news/others/2020/05/world-trade-center-7-building-did-not-collapse-due-to-fire-report

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,097 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

As a debunker you trying to cast doubt on what has occurred here.

Theres nothing to debunk

As a debunker you trying to cast doubt on what has occurred here.
    No, I'm just pointing out where you are being dishonest and are twisting and misunderstanding facts.
    You do that a lot, so there's a lot to point out.
    Explained and outlined for weeks now the Fe-spheres formed inside the building on 9/11
    When the planes hit the building, and the time before the collapses, is when the Fe- spheres got made, end of story.
    But that's not what the study says.
    RJLee group does not claim they got made outside the building, and yet you still go to great lengths to confuse here, and bring up others ways to make them, and the theory does not apply here for the building at all (fire striker no)
    But the other ways are examples to show that there's many ways to produce iron microspheres without giant roaring fires and melting down steel beams.

Also, you stated that it was impossible for iron to reach melting point without a massive source of heat. However, the example of the fire striker shows that's nonsense. A fire striker can produce melting iron and microspheres.
    You believe that's impossible.
    RJ Lee group study- there was a massive amount of elemental Iron Spheres found in the WTC dust.
    No, they didn't. This has been explained to you.
    Elemental iron oxidises and becomes iron oxide when exposed to the air.

You are now saying that this isn't the case. You are again denying basic science.
    It's extra funny because this seems like something a welder would know. But you don't, so I again doubt your claims.
    Elemental Iron has a melting point of over 1500 degrees Celsius. NIST says fires on 9/11 were 1000 degrees Celsius. Only for a brief period when the jet fuel burned.
    And?
    How many times do I have tell you this again Nano thermite and thermite are different..
    Ok, here's the chemical equation for a thermite reaction:
    a250a0821cc743b0d77f7df07529c458af5076a5.png

What's the chemical equation for a nanothermite reaction?

I fully expect you to dodge the question completely.
    It will be very funny.

This is good to see a top construction news site based in Canada now wrote an article.
    It's funny how any person or group, no matter how shady or minor, suddenly becomes top experts who are above reproach and without error.

That is until you trip over their statements and end up disagreeing with them, at which point you become a much better expert than them.

But that's not what the study says.

When you deliberately lie on here it not funny anymore.
    RJ Lee group says there Fe- spheres they even describe the process in their report (melting of Iron)

TP-01 is WTC dust.
    513730.png

• Advertisement

When you deliberately lie on here it not funny anymore.
    But I'm not lying Cheerful, I'm just able to read the quotes correctly and I'm pointing out where you are misrepresenting the study.

For example, you keep saying that the study said all the iron spheres were made in the building.
    They don't say that.

If they do, please quote that exactly.
    RJ Lee group says there Fe- spheres they even describe the process in their report (melting of Iron)
    Yes, and it's been explained to you several times that there's many ways to melt iron particles.
    For example, when iron or steel is hit very hard, small microscopic chips and flakes break off. These small chips do not have the protective layer of oxide because they are freshly broken. So, when they contact air, the being to oxidise/burn, which metals them and turns them into microspheres.

This is just one example.

Now, I asked you to provide the chemical equation for nanothermite.
    You ignored the question. I believe that this is because you don't know what it is.
    If this is the case, be honest and mature for a change, and just admit you don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,230 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

https://www.machinedesign.com/home/article/21830429/another-blow-for-wtc-conspiracy-theorists
    What they came up with is thermite which can get hot enough to melt iron and steel. They claim that red-gray chips and iron-rich microspheres found in WTC dust are residue from thermite fires that support their idea about thermite.

But this claim took a hit this spring when the microscopy consulting firm MVA Scientific Consultants in Duluth, Ga. released a study of these chips collected from WTC dust. They used a stereomicroscope and polarized light microscopy, among other things, to analyze the samples. MVA says the analytical procedures used to characterize the red/gray chips were based on recommended guidelines for forensic identification of explosives and the ASTM standard guide for forensic paint analysis and comparison. Scientists there ran additional tests an the samples that included Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR); SEM-EDS of cross-sections; low temperature ashing and residue analysis by transmission electron microscopy (TEM) with selected area electron diffraction (SAED) and EDS; and several other more involved methods.

Their conclusion: There is no evidence of individual elemental aluminum particles that you would expect to see from a thermite burn. They say the red/gray chips found in the WTC dust at four sites in New York City are consistent with a carbon-steel coated with an epoxy resin that contains primarily iron oxide and kaolin clay pigments. And there is no evidence of individual elemental aluminum particles of any size in the red/gray chips, so the red layer of the red/gray chips is not thermite or nano-thermite.

And WTC conspiracy theorists' claim that microscopic spheres of iron found in WTC dust could only have been formed with thermite was recently debunked by a group called New Mexicans for Science and Reason who pointed out that very small metal particles have a much lower melting point than bulk material. Wires and filaments from electronics in the WTC are the likely source of the microspheres. The NMSR group even produced a YouTube video showing how to create your own microspheres by burning steel wool:

No, I'm just pointing out where you are being dishonest and are twisting and misunderstanding facts.

Find an actual quote in the RG Lee group paper with them claiming the Fe- spheres were made by torches, arc welding, fire striker and so on?

RG Lee group specifies they got made during the during the event not afterwards and not before it. You're twisting the findings here.

Fe- spheres are previously molten Iron. That cool to a spherical shape.

Dohnjoe wrote: »

The NMSR group even produced a YouTube video showing how to create your own microspheres by burning steel wool:

This was debunked last night. There Iron oxide Microspheres.

The NMSR group

The MVA Scientific Consultants found no evidence of a thermite burn

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    The MVA Scientific Consultants found no evidence of a thermite burn

This is false. Your article factually incorrect.

MVA Scientific Consultants is just one guy James Millette who posted on the Skeptic international forums. A guy involved in official study of WTC dust for the US government. No independent observation at all.

Find an actual quote in the RG Lee group paper with them claiming the Fe- spheres were made by torches, arc welding, fire striker and so on?
    Why would I do that when that's not what I claimed they said?

Why would I do that when you dodged the quest I asked?
    F
    RG Lee group specifies they got made during the during the event not afterwards and not before it. You're twisting the findings here.
    And now you're changing it.
    They don't say: "not afterwards and not before it."
    That phrase or anything like it is not in the study.

I'd ask you to provide a quote that shows otherwise, but we both know you can't and won't do that.

Further, the study doesn't actually define "event" clearly.
    The could be talking about the entire attack. They could be referring to just the fire. They could be refering to just the collapse. They could be referring to the whole event from the attack to the rescue operation to the clean up.
    It's ambiguous, but they didn't need to specify, because that wasn't part of the studies goals.
    F
    Fe- spheres are previously molten Iron. That cool to a spherical shape.
    Yes, you keep saying, but you don't seem to actually understand what you're talking about.
    And again, there's many ways to produce them that doesn't require giant fires or magic thermite.
    I provided an example of one. Since you didn't address it, that shows you can't show it's wrong, impossible or unlikely, you're just not honest enough to admit that.

And on that topic, you have again failed to produce the chemical equation for nanothermite. This is because you don't know it and you're too dishonest and cowardly to admit that you don't know it.
    So, since you don't know it and can't contradict it, we have to use the chemical equation for normal thermite.
    The materials don't really change the basics of the equation as they all involve oxides.
    Also you've previously claimed that elemental iron is one of the byproducts and that aluminium is a component.

Thus, we can use the equation for normal thermite. If you disagree, you're going to have to provide a more accurate equation.

So the equation for thermite is:
    a250a0821cc743b0d77f7df07529c458af5076a5.png

And as we can see, aluminium oxide is a byproduct.

The RJ Lee shows no aluminium oxide (according to your very strict definition of terms), so therefore it proves that there was no thermetic reaction.
    The RJ Lee study shows your theory is false.

King Mob instead of posting rubbish. Where in the paper do they agree with you. Highlight in quotes, pictures will do.

There Iron oxide Microspheres.
    Cheerful, iron microspheres become iron oxide microspheres when they contact air.

When iron is exposed to air (at any temperature) it reacts with the oxygen and the water and it oxidises.
    This is a chemical fact.

This is something a welder would know and understand.

King Mob instead of posting rubbish. Where in the paper do they agree with you. Highlight in quotes, pictures will do.
    Lol cheerful, you're dodging all my points.
    That's dishonest and cowardly.

All of the paper agrees with me because I agree with the paper and I'm able to read it and understand it.

• Advertisement

Cheerful, iron microspheres become iron oxide microspheres when they contact air.

When iron is exposed to air (at any temperature) it reacts with the oxygen and the water and it oxidises.
    This is a chemical fact.

This is something a welder would know and understand.

First sentence- show a video please. Quote a science journal, please.
    You're denying the Fe- Spheres were previously molten Iron? Show your proof, everything here is your own words not backed up by anything.

This is false. Your article factually incorrect.

MVA Scientific Consultants is just one guy James Millette who posted on the Skeptic international forums. A guy involved in official study of WTC dust for the US government. No independent observation at all.
    Lol, anyone who agrees with you is a top expert who is perfect and incorruptable.
    Anyone who disagrees with you is a corrupt idiot who doesn't know their field as well as you.

First sentence- show a video please. Quote a science journal, please..
    Lol, that iron oxidises? Really?

Ok...
    https://www.thoughtco.com/definition-of-oxidation-in-chemistry-605456
    https://study.com/academy/lesson/what-is-oxidation-definition-process-examples.html
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/oxidation
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_oxide
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron(III)_oxide

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust
    Oxidation of iron
    When iron is in contact with water and oxygen it rusts.[5] If salt is present, for example in seawater or salt spray, the iron tends to rust more quickly, as a result of electrochemical reactions. Iron metal is relatively unaffected by pure water or by dry oxygen. As with other metals, like aluminium, a tightly adhering oxide coating, a passivation layer, protects the bulk iron from further oxidation. The conversion of the passivating ferrous oxide layer to rust results from the combined action of two agents, usually oxygen and water.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrophoricity
    A pyrophoric substance (from Greek: πυροφόρος, pyrophoros, 'fire-bearing') is a substance that ignites spontaneously in air at or below 54 °C (129 °F) (for gases) or within 5 minutes after coming into contact with air (for liquids and solids).[1]
    Pyrophoric materials
    Solids
    White phosphorus, the original "phosphor"[citation needed]
    Alkali metals (lithium, sodium, potassium, rubidium, caesium), including the alloy NaK
    Finely divided metals (iron,[3] aluminium,[3] magnesium,[3] calcium, zirconium[citation needed], uranium, titanium, bismuth, hafnium, thorium, osmium, neodymium)
    You're denying the Fe- Spheres were previously molten Iron?
    Again, you're misrepresenting me.
    I never said that.

Explained in this thread many times the process was a reduction not oxidation you just have not noticed it

Even explains it your first link.
    Oxidation is the loss of electrons during a reaction by a molecule, atom or ion.
    Oxidation occurs when the oxidation state of a molecule, atom or ion is increased.

The opposite process is called reduction, ie Molten Iron spheres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth (AE911T) has formally filed a Request for Correction with the NIST following a new and detailed four-year analysis by a team at the University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF).

It says the World Trade Center (WTC) building 7 collapse was a “near-simultaneous failure of every column in the building” and dismissed the NIST finding that heat from the fire caused beams to “walk off” their moorings.

Sept. 11, 2001 is the tragedy of when two hijacked planes hit the WTC 1 and WTC 2 towers sending debris tumbling onto WTC 7. The NIST claimed that embers ignited a fire which then caused the 47-storey building to collapse on itself at 5:20 p.m., hours after the initial incident that morning.

“We have filed a request for correction because the NIST report is wrong,” says Ted Walter, spokesperson for AE911T, which is a group of 3,000 engineers, scientists and architects, including more than a dozen Canadians ones, that paid US$316,000 for the study.

“From an engineering perspective it is imperative to understand how and why this building came down under design load conditions,” said Walter.

The study says NIST made some fundamental errors in how engineers estimated the rigidity of the outside building frame and that the heat generated by the fire did not trigger “thermal movements” at a critical base plate support.

Further, the group, which includes families of those killed, asserts that the investigation is flawed and that the conclusions as to what happened must be based on “science and engineering” and accept that controlled demolition is a plausible cause.
    https://canada.constructconnect.com/dcn/news/others/2020/05/world-trade-center-7-building-did-not-collapse-due-to-fire-report

"The group makes no assertion as to why it may have been a “controlled demolition” and says its only interest is in ensuring that there’s no need to rethink the structural steel design of highrises because the design was not at fault."

lol
    Oxidation occurs when the oxidation state of a molecule, atom or ion is increased.

I don't think I've ever seen a less accurate use of the phraseology, 'ie.'

'n pure oxygen, things which are normally not flammable, such as iron or steel, can become very flammable.

In the following demonstration, a piece of steel wool is heated in a Bunsen burner flame, and then thrust into a jar containing pure oxygen. The iron glows with a bright yellow-orange color as it becomes hot enough to melt slightly, and throws off a shower of sparks. The slight "tick" sound heard during the demo is the sound of the glass jar breaking from the intense heat of the reaction. (The procedure is shown at three different levels of magnification [link].)'

https://www.angelo.edu/faculty/kboudrea/demos/burning_iron/burning_iron.htm

513740.PNG

Explained in this thread many times the process was a reduction not oxidation you just have not noticed it

Even explains it your first link.
    Oxidation is the loss of electrons during a reaction by a molecule, atom or ion.

Lol. Cheerful, melting isn't reduction.
    Melting doesn't result in the loss of electrons.
    That's not how any of that works.
    It's hilarious you don't know this, yet you claim it as if you do.

Regardless, you are still missing the point.
    If you have a mass of iron, regardless of how it was produced, it oxidises on contact in air.

Even if we pretend you are right, and nanothermite did produce pure iron microspheres (which you have not and cannot show) those pure iron microspheres would still oxidise. They would still become iron oxide microspheres.
    This is because it's a fundamental principal.

The more you deny it and the more you try to pretend you know what you're talking about the more hilarious it gets.

It's really really funny when you try to explain something scientific. You always **** it up in the simplest of ways.
    And yet, you don't seem to remember all the previous times you've done this.

And now, you're doing it with metallurgy, something you directly claimed to be an expert in because you claim to be a welder.

Lol. Cheerful, melting isn't reduction.
    Melting doesn't result in the loss of electrons.
    That's not how any of that works.
    It's hilarious you don't know this, yet you claim it as if you do.

Regardless, you are still missing the point.
    If you have a mass of iron, regardless of how it was produced, it oxidises on contact in air.

Even if we pretend you are right, and nanothermite did produce pure iron microspheres (which you have not and cannot show) those pure iron microspheres would still oxidise. They would still become iron oxide microspheres.
    This is because it's a fundamental principal.

The more you deny it and the more you try to pretend you know what you're talking about the more hilarious it gets.

It's really really funny when you try to explain something scientific. You always **** it up in the simplest of ways.
    And yet, you don't seem to remember all the previous times you've done this.

And now, you're doing it with metallurgy, something you directly claimed to be an expert in because you claim to be a welder.

Reaction of steel and oxygen is producing iron oxide. This is the steel wool experiment and it funny you don't notice that.

Iron Oxide change to make Molten Iron Spheres. Describe the process?

This is false.

It isn't false.

RJ Lee group didn't suggest controlled demolition
    MVA Scientific Consultants didn't find any evidence of controlled demoltion
    The FEMA report didn't find any evidence of controlled demolition
    The NIST didn't
    The Wiedlinger report didn't
    50,000+ individual insurance claims didn't
    No recognised organisation in the world, whether it's the ACME or the AIA representing hundreds of thousands of professionals in the related fields or any other has supported the notion of controlled demolition, quite the opposite, they have distanced themselves from 911 pseudo-science and conspiracy theory claims

All you have is one very shaky study by an aged professor in Alaska paid for by conspiracy theorists. Who directly literally make money from the conspiracy existing.

All evidence, logic and rational are against your claim, one that is super-vague, keeps changing, and you can never support with a single piece of credible evidence

Reaction of steel and oxygen is producing iron oxide.
    No cheerful. That's called oxidisation.
    You have that completely and hilariously wrong.
    That is amazing...
    This is the steel wool experiment and it funny you don't notice that.
    I'm not talking about steel wool. I never brought it up. Why are you interjecting this out of no where?
    Iron Oxide change to make Molten Iron Spheres. Describe the process?
    Lol again, you are demanding that I provide you with something. (Which I already did many times. Most recently here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113505467&postcount=462)
    You are also misrepresenting me, becuase I didn't say iron oxide becomes molten iron spheres.

And all of this while you have ignored and dodged every single question and request and point made to you.

For example, most recently, I asked you to describe the chemical process for nanothermite.
    Provide this now if you aren't just a giant hypocrite.

If you don't provide this now, then everyone will be completely and utterly justified in ignoring your silly, desperate and embarrassing questions and demands

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    "The group makes no assertion as to why it may have been a “controlled demolition” and says its only interest is in ensuring that there’s no need to rethink the structural steel design of highrises because the design was not at fault."

lolI don't think I've ever seen a less accurate use of the phraseology, 'ie.'

'n pure oxygen, things which are normally not flammable, such as iron or steel, can become very flammable.

In the following demonstration, a piece of steel wool is heated in a Bunsen burner flame, and then thrust into a jar containing pure oxygen. The iron glows with a bright yellow-orange color as it becomes hot enough to melt slightly, and throws off a shower of sparks. The slight "tick" sound heard during the demo is the sound of the glass jar breaking from the intense heat of the reaction. (The procedure is shown at three different levels of magnification [link].)'

https://www.angelo.edu/faculty/kboudrea/demos/burning_iron/burning_iron.htm

513740.PNG

Bunsen burner flame
    The hottest part of the Bunsen flame, which is found just above the tip of the primary flame, reaches about 1,500 °C (2,700 °F).

NIST says in their paper fires are only 1000 degress Celcius no Iron or steel melted :)

NIST says in their paper fires are only 1000 degress Celcius
    The NIST doesn't say this.:rolleyes:

The NIST doesn't say this.:rolleyes:

Actually, they do.
    In no instance did NIST report that steel in the WTC towers melted due to the fires. The melting point of steel is about 1,500 degrees Celsius (2,800 degrees Fahrenheit).

NIST reported maximum upper layer air temperatures of about 1,000 degrees Celsius (1,800 degrees Fahrenheit) in the WTC towers (for example, see NCSTAR 1, Figure 6-36).
    https://www.nist.gov/topics/disaster-failure-studies/faqs-nist-wtc-towers-investigation.

Steel has a lower melting point than Iron.

This entire thread again falls under the "I don't get it, no one can explain it to me, therefore conspiracy" technique

If we had a rule whereby posters here had to demonstrate their claims, with normal rules, I suspect it would be deserted

Bunsen burner flame
    The hottest part of the Bunsen flame, which is found just above the tip of the primary flame, reaches about 1,500 °C (2,700 °F).

NIST says in their paper fires are only 1000 degress Celcius no Iron or steel melted :)

There are other means of exposing iron to oxygen than this method. It does not require 1500 C of heat to accomplish. Flint and steel works on this principle:

"Iron, whether man-made objects or naturally occurring in rocks, will rust upon exposure to oxygen in the air. The act of rusting is actually an exothermic reaction called “oxidation”, which is a fancy way of saying when iron touches the oxygen in the air a reaction occurs; the iron rusts (turns into iron oxide) and gives off heat. In other words, it burns.

The simplified chemical reaction can be expressed as:

Fe2 + O2 = Fe2O3 + heat

Or in simple English:

Iron + Oxygen = Rust + Heat

Rusting (oxidizing) is the exact same thing as burning, but unlike a campfire usually you will hardly notice it. Because of the relatively size of a typical iron object, the heat it gives off as it rusts dissipates too quickly for the heat to accumulate and be of much use.

Copyright © SurvivalTopics.com Read more at: http://survivaltopics.com/flint-and-steel-what-causes-the-sparks/"

NIST reported maximum upper layer air temperatures of about 1,000 degrees Celsius (1,800 degrees Fahrenheit) in the WTC towers (for example, see NCSTAR 1, Figure 6-36)..
    Air tempuratures.
    Not fire tempuratures.

You stated for a fact that a candle flame is above 1500 degrees Celsius.
    Do you believe that when you light a candle, the air temperature in the room jumps to that?
    It kinda seems like you do, and it's about the level of science understanding you have.

Still waiting for you to provide the chemical equation for nanothermite.
    Can you not provide it?

• Advertisement

There are other means of exposing iron to oxygen than this method. It does not require 1500 C of heat to accomplish. Flint and steel works on this principle:
    I tried this line with him already. He accused me of believing there was a giant flint and steel in the buildings.

"Iron, whether man-made objects or naturally occurring in rocks, will rust upon exposure to oxygen in the air. The act of rusting is actually an exothermic reaction called “oxidation”, which is a fancy way of saying when iron touches the oxygen in the air a reaction occurs; the iron rusts (turns into iron oxide) and gives off heat. In other words, it burns.

The simplified chemical reaction can be expressed as:

Fe2 + O2 = Fe2O3 + heat

Or in simple English:

Iron + Oxygen = Rust + Heat

Rusting (oxidizing) is the exact same thing as burning, but unlike a campfire usually you will hardly notice it. Because of the relatively size of a typical iron object, the heat it gives off as it rusts dissipates too quickly for the heat to accumulate and be of much use.

Copyright © SurvivalTopics.com Read more at: http://survivaltopics.com/flint-and-steel-what-causes-the-sparks/"

Flint and Steel is just Iron oxide (rust) Are we going to stick to the facts here today or not? RL Lee group found massive amounts of pure Iron Fe spheres in 6 percent of WTC dust. Formed during the WTC event. .
    Iron Fe spheres melt at 1500 degrees Celsius. If you believe they can make elemental Fe Spheres at lower temperatures provide the science?

Air tempuratures.
    Not fire tempuratures.

?

Like debating a child. Iron Microspheres were previously molten Iron do you dispute that?
    NIST saying no steel melted ( how can there be molten Iron?)

Iron Fe spheres melt at 1500 degrees Celsius. If you believe they can make elemental Fe Spheres at lower temperatures provide the science?
    No cheerful, we've done this for you many times. You aren't able to understand.

Show us how nanothermite can produce elementary iron spheres that are somehow immune to oxidiations.
    Provide the science.

Like debating a child.

Ever since posters labelled your arguments as childish or child-life, you've started mirroring that, with no basis whatsoever, its hilarious

• Advertisement

Like debating a child. Iron Microspheres were previously molten Iron do you dispute that?

Nope. Never did. You keep misrepresenting me and ignoring things.

Nope. Never did. You keep misrepresenting me and ignoring things.

What temp does Iron melt at?

What temp does Iron melt at?
    Answered and explained before. Several times, over and over again.
    You're demanding answers while answering nothing yourself while you continue to be utterly dishonest and childish.

Flint and Steel is just Iron oxide (rust) Are we going to stick to the facts here today or not? RL Lee group found massive amounts of pure Iron Fe spheres in 6 percent of WTC dust. Formed during the WTC event.

If we're sticking to facts: Flint is flint, Steel is steel, and Rust is rust. Flint is a sedimentary cryptocrystalline form of the mineral quartz, categorized as the variety of chert that occurs in chalk or marly limestone. In other words: flint is not rust.

I would tell you to skip to @#:## but please admire his indulgent intro.

This wilderness-bro accomplishes the production of iron spheres with his bro-ness, flint, steel, and a microscope.

Calling this "pure iron" is misleading - the reason these spheres don't continue to combust is they have already developed a skin of iron oxide. In the case of steel that can also be a skin of carbon oxides.

RL Lee group- outlines there position here. They found the Iron Microspheres in dust samples unique to the WTC event.

513747.png

Finding Fe spheres in the WTC dust- is positive proof Iron melted.
    513748.png

Little more scientific analysis

513749.PNG

finding Fe spheres in the WTC dust- is positive proof Iron melted.
    Yup. And there's lots of ways for iron particles to melt.

The study didn't find any aluminium oxide. So therefore it shows for a fact there was no thermite reaction.
    Case closed.

513749.PNG

Overheal: you're posting experiments are unrelated- have no application to the WTC event. There single experiments on Youtube. Are you missing the point here there was an abundance of Fe spheres found in the WTC dust?

How did the Iron melt inside the building?
    Explain the process- what temp.
    Keep in mind NIST says no steel melted (therefore no Iron melted either)

Carbon steels can self-ignite in oxygen at 960 C.

Fires of at least this temperature clearly were present, given reports of air temperatures at or exceeding 1,000 C.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1023/A:1017523922778

• Advertisement
Advertisement