Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AE911 truth vs Mick West ( Iron Microspheres)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Overheal wrote: »
    Yes. Steel is >99% Fe by volume.

Steel collides with other steel. So much friction is created at the impact site that the metal there heats up past the melting point of steel, and it is flung away with the kinetic energy imparted to it and stored heat energy, wherein it flies off as a spherical droplet that quickly dissipates heat in air <100 F, leaving a rapidly cooled particle that is still midflight and spherical.

Not understanding what is happening. It's an oxide layer not the Iron melting igniting the sparks. It is caused by the friction steel hitting steel. The oxygen- oxidized steel and heated caused the sparks.

Steel is an alloy and your ratios are way off the content of Iron.
    Elemental Iron and Steel are not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

sparks at 960 FPS

sparks at 960 FPS

Your video does not play.
    You have provided no explanation for the molten Iron spheres found in the dust.
    You can not make Fe spheres from Steel- its alloy mixed with other elements listed on the chemistry table ( it be steel microspheres)
    Oxide layer would be Iron oxide.

Not understanding what is happening.
    That's why I'm explaining it to you.
    It's an oxide layer not the Iron melting igniting the sparks. It is caused by the friction steel hitting steel.

No, there is no oxidation on the steel. Swords are polished to keep their surface from oxidizing and sharpened regularly. Additionally, as you can see in the 960 FPS video, even when cutting past the oxidation layer of bulk iron/steel, sparks are still produced in equal measure.
    The oxygen- oxidized steel and heated caused the sparks.

No. Oxidation of steel does not heat the steel to the point where it creates sparks. Try this simple experiment: get a piece of steel. Observe it in a dark room. Are there sparks? No. Because oxygen reacting with steel does not cause this to happen.
    Steel is an alloy and your ratios are way off the content of Iron.
    Elemental Iron and Steel are not the same.

Not way off at all. Depends on what grade of steel, their composition is industrially controlled. For example structural 460 steel is *minimum* 97.755% Fe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

its alloy mixed with other elements listed on the chemistry table ( it be steel microspheres)
    Reminder: You have not explained the absense of aluminium oxide. You'd dodged and ignored the question.

You have not addressed the fact the RJ Lee study shows that neither byproduct of thermite reactions were present.

You have not actually explained what you believe sparks are.

• Advertisement

Your video does not play.
    You have provided no explanation for the molten Iron spheres found in the dust.
    I have, in fact, provided an explanation. You just don't like it.

What is your explanation, and where are the other missing ingredients of your explanation, such as aluminum sulfide, aluminum oxide or some other proposed chemical reaction?
    You can not make Fe spheres from Steel- its alloy mixed with other elements listed on the chemistry table ( it be steel microspheres)
    Oxide layer would be Iron oxide.

As I said, the steel is not oxidized. The swords are polished. In the case of structural steel 460 it is >97% Fe by composition.

I have, in fact, provided an explanation. You just don't like it.

Since you don't believe my version. I looked it up online now.
    A science debate online, And this poster revealed what does occur- metals hit metal- steel hits steel-and iron hits iron.
    513940.png

steel is not pure Iron. It is impossible to pull the Iron from the grains to make molten Iron. Steel mixed in with other elements (impure) (therefore not elemental Iron)

As I said, the steel is not oxidized. The swords are polished. In the case of structural steel 460 it is >97% Fe by composition.

Your two friends on video are outside in the air playing sword fights (oxygen everywhere:)

Your two friends on video are outside in the air playing sword fights (oxygen everywhere:)

And the swords are polished, their surfaces are protected from oxidizing.

This still doesn't explain away all the sparks in the 960 fps video.

You're video not working, the link broken. Can you post it again, please?

• Advertisement

You're video not working, the link broken. Can you post it again, please?

It works great.

It works great.

I got this last video, you posted:)
    An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: T5tLE-rWqLTcx9b0)
    Learn More

Is it same video above top of the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Learn More

Are you using a VPN CS?

Learn More

I've checked the video I posted. It works fine.

I've checked the video I posted. It works fine.

Not on my side:)

513946.png

banie01 wrote: »
    Are you using a VPN CS?

No.

No.

Strange the video plays fine here for me.
    I've tried it via Ireland and multiple other locations on my VPN and it plays fine.

Could be geo-blocked for you maybe?

Just happened today. Look at those sparks fly

https://www.mediaite.com/crime/watch-insane-los-angeles-car-chase-lasts-over-an-hour/

edit: no spoilers I'm watching this.

edit 2 do you see this google maps overlay the helicopter has? 2020.

• Advertisement

edit 2 do you see this google maps overlay the helicopter has? 2020.

The name of the street along the road- shows up on the overlay, handy :D

Its brilliant. Wait until its tied into weather data etc.

Lets see.
    Mick West believes he saw Iron Fe Microspheres after this test.
    Laughable test
    Sparks were hitting the paper everywhere and this black residue neatly formed a square at the top of the page:D
    There's no pure Iron spheres after this test.
    I can show you what pure spheres of Iron look like- but i let you comment first.

Lets see.
    Laughable test
    Sparks were hitting the paper everywhere and this black residue neatly formed a square at the top of the page:D
    I can show you what pure spheres of Iron look like- but i let you comment first.

Like this?

513948.jpg

Lets see.
    Laughable test

Is that why you think the test is laughable?

He placed a ferromagnet under the sheet of paper. A square magnet. That is what was clamped.

Is that why you think the test is laughable?

He placed a ferromagnet under the sheet of paper. A square magnet. That is what was clamped.

Are you sure about that? It looks like to me he just clamped a piece of paper to a piece of wood?

In the thread he says he used a magnet when doing this test. Not the one in the video. You can see the yellow paper to his left side.

513957.png

Like this?

513948.jpg

Why would it be purple and have a yellow tint?
    Pure Iron Fe spheres are Grey/dark.

Are you sure about that? It looks like to me he just clamped a piece of paper to a piece of wood?

In the thread he says he used a magnet when doing this test. Not the one in the video. You can see the yellow paper to his left side.

513957.png

I'm absolutely positive.
    Mick West wrote:
    It would be impossible to find none. At the very least there would be billions from the angle grinding done during construction. I just made a few thousand with a few second of grinding, used a magnet to catch the sparks.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/making-iron-microspheres-grinding-impacts-welding-burning.9533/#post-219490

And even later post shows him using a much larger magnet to trap sparks.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/making-iron-microspheres-grinding-impacts-welding-burning.9533/page-3#post-225668

metabunk-2018-09-25-14-08-07-jpg.34657

metabunk-2018-09-25-14-11-36-jpg.34658

metabunk-2018-09-25-14-13-00-jpg.34659

metabunk-2018-09-25-14-18-06-jpg.34662

You not notice the dimensions of this magnet and color and how big is there in the last picture.

Watch the video again look at the color of the piece under the paper. Mick picked it up like it had no weight to it.

• Advertisement

You not notice the dimensions of this magnet and color and how big is there in the last picture.

Watch the video again look at the color of the piece under the paper. Mick picked it up like it had no weight to it.

Cheerful. It was a magnet.

He picked up the paper + magnet by the Clamp.

Advertisement