Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sheds direct ireland

Options
  • 15-05-2020 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Anybody else had dealings with this crowd, good or otherwise ?

bought a 10X8 steel shed. It was delivered on time is about the only positive. Found the metal a bit flimsy and the instructions are TERRIBLE. The last straw was that the hinges on the doors did not line up with the hinges in the door frame. Spent most of a day communicating via whatsapp trying to explain that even if the door frame was laying on the ground, the middle hinges were 6 cm off lining up correctly. The only repeated response I got is that the corners of the shed are not correct.

I even showed them a picture of their own shed which they built and you can see that they had to move their own hinges to make it fit but the answer was "fix your corners".

I rang them and after about 15 minutes they finally agreed that if you took them out of the shed and lay the door beside the door frame on the ground it would not line up .. no mention of any compensation on their part .. just "you can drill another hole in the frame".

In summary ... instructions are terrible (some competitors supply videos showing how to assemble, the sheds direct instructions have not very good English and some gaps) , and in my experience customer support was even worse.

No way i would recommend these.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

I find that anything with the tag 'Direct' in the name is not to be trusted.
    Seemed to spring up when everything went online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hughmallon

Considered staying away due to quality of product .. decision confirmed by their awful customer support.
    Hughmallon wrote: »
    Anybody else had dealings with this crowd, good or otherwise ?

bought a 10X8 steel shed. It was delivered on time is about the only positive. Found the metal a bit flimsy and the instructions are TERRIBLE. The last straw was that the hinges on the doors did not line up with the hinges in the door frame. Spent most of a day communicating via whatsapp trying to explain that even if the door frame was laying on the ground, the middle hinges were 6 cm off lining up correctly. The only repeated response I got is that the corners of the shed are not correct.

I even showed them a picture of their own shed which they built and you can see that they had to move their own hinges to make it fit but the answer was "fix your corners".

I rang them and after about 15 minutes they finally agreed that if you took them out of the shed and lay the door beside the door frame on the ground it would not line up .. no mention of any compensation on their part .. just "you can drill another hole in the frame".

In summary ... instructions are terrible (some competitors supply videos showing how to assemble, the sheds direct instructions have not very good English and some gaps) , and in my experience customer support was even worse.

No way i would recommend these.

Advertisement