Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardy plants for minimal sunlight

Options
  • 15-05-2020 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

Hi lads and ladies,

Going at the flower beds this weekend and wondering could anyone recommend me some hardy plants that will survive minimal direct sunlight (a couple of hours in the evening).

I put in two beds along the side walls of the back garden a few years ago. House is west facing so the north side wall gets loads of sun and I have a few rose bushes and fuscias thriving there but the opposite south wall has a couple of very mature apple trees blocking the morning sun and the sun only really gets a look at it from 6 pm or so in the summer. Anything I've tried there hasn't made it and ended up transplanted to the opposite wall to be saved.

I've a few bags of bark there so I'd be happy to cover the bed and then put a few large pot plants sitting on the bark, but these would still need to be hardy enough as well I'd imagine.

Anyone any recommendations? Thanks in advance from a complete garden novice!

Comments

Advertisement