Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driveshaft for Florabest FBS 43A1 brushcutter / strimmer

Options
  • 15-05-2020 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Would anyone out there know where to buy a driveshaft for a Florabest FBS 43A1 brushcutter / strimmer? Mine died this evening unfortunately
    Thank you and regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

If you have the booklet that came with it theres an Ireland customer support number they can possibly supply a replacement one...I've got one but there not very good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

• Registered Users Posts: 22 stadamack

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

If you google florabest spare parts theres an English company called diy spare parts.. they seem to stock or be agents for florabest equipment there number is 00441747823039.
    Possibly worth a try.. there a bit flimsy those 4 in 1 units and compared to a stihl strimmer there absolutely lada quality..however the polesaw unit is very good..happy parts hunting

• Registered Users Posts: 22 stadamack

Thanks dude. You're right - I got my hands on an oleo mac for the day and it is far superior

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Split shaft stuff is always problematic those little spring shafts are pretty weak especially on a larger displacement powerhead.
    If you are worried about attachments then a tip is that most of them will fit on to the end of a straight shaft unit and give extra reach for things like Polesaws or hedge trimmers.
    I'm not a big fan of split shafts myself for the above reasons.
    Oleo-mac is pretty decent stuff for the most part, I had an Oleomac chainsaw before and it was a very reliable unit.
    Easily as good as the big two brand and better in some ways.

Advertisement