Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe.ie goes Bang!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    what is kinsella other than an uber WOKE PC merchant ?

A really good writer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

raven136 wrote: »
    A really good writer

stock n trade leftist

ten a penny in this country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Are click farms the new chick farms?

Was thinking of a shed load of chickens etc, for fine food and organic hen eggs to flog down at the Farmer's market.
    Now after reading about Joe, would a tin shed of blackmarket far-eastern mouse finger clickers, be the real big earner?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I don't know why i hated joe.ie
    But i am experiencing schadenfraude.

It was the owner for me, always thought he was a chancer.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/niall-mcgarry-steps-away-from-maximum-media-business-in-ireland-1.4098499

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niall_McGarry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

godtabh wrote: »
    Why does a site like joe.ie need €6m? That’s ridiculous

Well they used to sponsor Conor McGregor during the ufc. Had joe.ie written across his a*rse. That would cost a few bob.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Every sports website is now reduced to clickbait

Joe.ie rugby podcast was good. Not sure why people are revelling in people losing jobs. Just a bit distasteful.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Couldn't get past the owner either - just look at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Arghus wrote: »
    Couldn't get past the owner either - just look at him.

looks like he spent the €6m on tight white shirts, spray tan and goatee maintenance

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭geordi

The reviews on Glassdoor are a good read - total car crash of a business https://www.glassdoor.ie/Reviews/Maximum-Media-Reviews-E1276804.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Would occasionally check the desktop website as they usually do a daily 'what movies are on tonight' feature, which was mildly useful.
    Although even that became more and more troublesome lately as it would take ages for the page to load because of all the ads the page contained.

Also very cringy was the weekly Late Late show 'stories' (that were clearly sponsored by RTÉ);
    Started off with a piece on a Friday saying who was on the Late Late that night, then shortly afterwards they also started saying who was on Graham Norton (I guess to not make the RTÉ ad look so obvious), but for the Late Late preview it was a paragraph for each of the RTÉ staff that was on that night, and for the Graham Norton preview, it was simply named what Hollywood superstars were on that night's show.

Then you could be guaranteed that from Saturday to Monday, there were usually 2-3 stories a day about the 'mad gas craic' that was had on the previous nights Late Late show, with customary clips of said 'banter'. Isn't Ryan Tubridy brilliant........

Joe.ie, will not be missed.

RTE don't have the money for any of that. They just provided better press releases to copy/paste from; and the recap content is piss easy to and gets the clicks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

geordi wrote: »
    The reviews on Glassdoor are a good read - total car crash of a business https://www.glassdoor.ie/Reviews/Maximum-Media-Reviews-E1276804.htm

What's the video scandal?

Always sensed something was off about the owner. Almost wanted the status and notiority without putting the real work in. The click farm debacle showed up the whole thing as a con job.

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Well they used to sponsor Conor McGregor during the ufc. Had joe.ie written across his a*rse. That would cost a few bob.

Serves them right the c*nts so..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

It was really shìt

Website is still up.

The Ireland Unfiltered podcast is another one along with the GAA Hour that I hope finds a new home when it does go.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

A child can copy and paste.

And scrape tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

I hate the site. It's a left wing Marxist pile of rubbish.

But I'm sorry to see people lose their jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Website is still up.

They're in examinership, not liquidation. Yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I hate the site. It's a left wing Marxist pile of rubbish.

But I'm sorry to see people lose their jobs.

Marxist? Ah here, get a grip.

It's plastered full of ads!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

It’s a shame as their visionary leader will no doubt cite COVID as the reason it went under, when in reality, it was built on quicksand all along.

• Advertisement

The Ireland Unfiltered podcast is another one along with the GAA Hour that I hope finds a new home when it does go.

Straight on the patreon they should go. Best of luck to them.

Jim Root wrote: »
    Straight on the patreon they should go. Best of luck to them.

They never charged for them before and I certainly don’t want to see the situation develop where the majority of podcasts become subscription only.

They never charged for them before and I certainly don’t want to see the situation develop where the majority of podcasts become subscription only.

I pay for 3 small independent podcasts via patreon and feel it is worth the money, content is usually better, no ads, and feel a sense a pride in supporting a small business. Appreciate it won’t work for everyone.

I pay for 3 small independent podcasts via patreon and feel it is worth the money, content is usually better, no ads, and feel a sense a pride in supporting a small business. Appreciate it won’t work for everyone.

I’m currently paying for 3 also, but I definitely don’t want them all going paid. I listen to about 5 hours of them a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

I’m currently paying for 3 also, but I definitely don’t want them all going paid. I listen to about 5 hours of them a day.
    Why the secrecy , tell us who they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

I see Vice media has joined Buzzfeed in having to lay off staff, could it be we have reached peak outrage culture, total saturation of the market has been reached, if so it does not look good for the lefty media, they where at their peak of power in the last few years could not stop Trump, Brexit and Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

da_miser wrote: »
    I see Vice media has joined Buzzfeed in having to lay off staff, could it be we have reached peak outrage culture, total saturation of the market has been reached, if so it does not look good for the lefty media, they where at their peak of power in the last few years could not stop Trump, Brexit and Johnson.

The media industry will be the last to cop on that the cultural sands have shifted....it doesn't take a genius to cop on that people don't like being told how to live their lives ...it was rejected in the 80s...it is being rejected now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

They looked like they sank crazy amount of money on the UK operation, never really took off. They got in loads of popular sporty Uk twitter accounts involved that then just seemed to disappear.

No loss other than peoples jobs. They did some okish current affairs recently but they never really got past the clickbait crap they started off with. The owner is a buffoon and the reaction to the click farm shenanigans was mad. And woke? Ha! Middle ground compared to another click farm classic like the ‘Liberal’

Lots of their Irish and GAA coverage amounted to “Ah Mayo, haha, LOL that’s so funny. Up Mayo”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

da_miser wrote: »

Hopefully tbh. Saying that it's no excuse for Trump and Boris either. Seems to be extremes on both sides who have the most influence when most of us are fairly middleground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Hopefully breitbart goes bankrupt.

Advertisement