Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used GoldenTech.ie for replacement parts?

Options
  • 16-05-2020 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

So I broke my iPhone screen last night (not specifically an Apple question though hence posting here) and for a few reasons at the moment I'd rather not have to go anywhere to get it repaired. I'm looking to order a replacement screen and the proper toolkit to open and modify the phone's innards.

I came across this site on Google - www.GoldenTech.ie - which has the parts I'm looking for (iPhone 6 screen with digitizer) for what seems like a moronically low price, €18.99 for the screen itself :eek:

https://goldentech.ie/product/iphone-6-lcd/

It seems far too good to be true, and a quick Google doesn't reveal much in the way of forum posts or reviews which obviously makes me a little suspicious. On the other hand, their website is professional looking and they claim tohave a fair amount of parts for various different types of phones, old and new.

Has anyone heard of or used this company before? They do claim to be an Irish company and not just an international conglomerate using regionalised domain names like so many companies these days:

We are an Irish company, our office, workshop and warehouse are located in Navan, co. Meath, Ireland.

They also list an Irish mobile phone number (+35387) as their contact for WhatsApp and Viber queries.

Anyone have any info? Took good to be true or an epic deal waiting to be had?

Advertisement