Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to rent in Dublin?

Options
  • 16-05-2020 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,

hope you are keeping safe through the whole COVID-19.

We have been renting in Limerick for 3,5 years now, and due to some recent developments with my daughter's healthcare, we are needing to move to Dublin.
    We do not own a car, and there is no plan to buy one, so we are looking for good connections. Our budget is between 2,000-2,200 per month, and we are seeking a 3 bedroom home.

Are there any areas that we should avoid, areas to look at?

I hope you guys can assist.

Thanking you in advance
    Georgie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

sorry to hear about your daughter. what hosital will she be attending? Temple Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Ozark707

As other poster indicated depending on which hospital she will attend will probably determine your location.

Just remember that now you will have the possibility to achieve a reduction in the asking price so bear that in mind as it might open up areas that were previously outside your budget. Some LL's are now throwing in 1 month free instead of an explicit drop in price so don't be afraid to ask for something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Look along good public transport so Bus, Luas or Dart.

If you have a licence look at the likes of go car or even the bike rentals for when needed if work is in city for example.

Certain areas attract a big premium over others and just be careful to choose the right area.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GeorgieVa

Hello all
    Thank you for the replies.

I think we’ll be getting moved to Crumlin.
    I have a student license and my husband has a full one. I’ve seen the gocar thing before and I think it’d suit for hospital appointments to be honest.

Should I be looking at say North, South, West or East?

Thank you again 🌹

• Registered Users Posts: 10,277 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

GeorgieVa wrote: »
    Hello all
    Thank you for the replies.

I think we’ll be getting moved to Crumlin.
    I have a student license and my husband has a full one. I’ve seen the gocar thing before and I think it’d suit for hospital appointments to be honest.

Should I be looking at say North, South, West or East?

Thank you again ��

Why not look in Crumlin, Drimnagh etc? Is access to schooling a consideration? What about work etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Marcusm wrote: »
    Why not look in Crumlin, Drimnagh etc? Is access to schooling a consideration? What about work etc?
    Walkinstown, Drimnagh or west of the Templeogue rd would all be handy for Crumlin.
    Likewise Kingswood Belgard and the Naas rd side of Clondalkin
    There's a very good taxi service in those areas also and the hospital Social Workers might be able to assist in that regard
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GeorgieVa

Hello Marcusm,

thank you for your reply! I did it earlier in the morning and I was still hazy!

School is not a consideration as I'm homeschooling both of my daughters, and my husband works remotely, I forgot to mention this info.

Advertisement