Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring funds

Options
  • 16-05-2020 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Good morning,

I am about to complete a house sale and need to transfer funds (approx 70K) to my solicitors account. My understanding is that there is a limit on what can be transferred using 365 online and also that branches are closed temporarily on account of COVID 19. Could you please advise of how best to go about transferring this money?

Thank you. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Hi, a family member works in a branch.

You can go to any open branch, so if yours is closed just go to the nearest one. I'm sure the website has a list of open branches.

You have to complete an interpay form, basically a paper version of the online option.

They said all you need is the solicitors name, bic and iban.

They said if same bank it will be instant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Good morning,

I am about to complete a house sale and need to transfer funds (approx 70K) to my solicitors account. My understanding is that there is a limit on what can be transferred using 365 online and also that branches are closed temporarily on account of COVID 19. Could you please advise of how best to go about transferring this money?

Thank you. 
    Hi Francinebowers,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. 

If the amount you wish to transfer is greater than the limits applicable on 365 online this can be facilitated at the cash desk in your local branch. We would advise that you have photo ID with you.

For a list of branches operating as normal during this time please see here.

We hope this helps and that you remain safe and well during this time and we wish you the very best with your new home.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement