Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass seed in flower beds

Options
  • 16-05-2020 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

I have been clearing a large flower/shrub bed the last few days. There appears to be a covering of shallow rooted grass along the top of the soil
    The problem is, as I hoe the grass I notice its dropping seeds onto the surface
    It's all going to reseed isnt it (sad face)

Comments

I have been clearing a large flower/shrub bed the last few days. There appears to be a covering of shallow rooted grass along the top of the soil
    The problem is, as I hoe the grass I notice its dropping seeds onto the surface
    It's all going to reseed isnt it (sad face)

I've the same problem but its because I had bird feeders hanging in a twisted hazel tree in the flower bed. Now all those seeds have sprouted and no matter how much weeding I do they keep coming back. I do NOT want to go down the weedkiller route, just putting some Wood bark chips on it all today except for the flowers and hoping it suppresses the grass!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭countrywoman

SweetMaggie, thank you for the reply. I have no bird feeders nearby. i have managed to hoe all the areas and will keep an eye out for the regrowth

Advertisement