Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extinction Rebellion folks?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

_Brian wrote: »
    What idiocy is this ??!

Picking up litter is pointless ??

ER blocked up streets making a nuisance of themselves calling for a change to “the system” while they were seen in their droves in and out of McDonalds and Costa supporting fast food, non recyclable packaging slave labour and industrial farming.

Yet you give them a pass on litter picking in their own locality.

They were out to make a fuss and he seen on social media. They had no other motive other than to be seen to be asking for a change without actually having to do anything difficult themselves.

Countless clips online of ER representatives being totally dismantled by interviewers as having nothing but double standards and not actually making an effort to live the life they wanted to push onto others.

https://youtu.be/8ISePLL1wcw

Not answering for Theologies but as a rural litter picker, who participates in the modern world. Unfortunately while it is locally beneficial, if said litter is then shipped to rural Asia and scattered out in random cowboy "recycling facilities", it is rather pointless. I still hope that by both litter picking and supporting policies that reduce litter production and promote more effective waste management that that things will improve
    Do you think the keeping status quo is the best option so and any aspiration, hope, or ambition for an ecologically better future for our planet is hypocritical unless one is a troglodyte?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Corona is quite likely to be a consequence of overpopulation and mass animal production, so in that sense your question is valid. But I don't know the answer, I guess some probably were. But don't forget gatherings are not allowed at the moment.

Research suggests the bats in China wouldn’t have gotten sick if it wasn’t for climate change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Paddygreen wrote: »
    Research suggests the bats in China wouldn’t have gotten sick if it wasn’t for climate change.

That's an amazing conclusion..could you put up a link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I quite like your efforts over the last few days. Keep it up. Some gems there. And for everyone else, yes, Im serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Omackeral wrote: »
    They’re with the Occupy people that were camping on Dame Street at the Central Bank. Probably off looking for Kony at the minute.

Id bet money most of them were at that too, perpetually trying to smash the system and back home to mammy and daddys house in blackrock till the next thinky veiled attack on the financial system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Eric how can you blame the basket case that is the meat industry in Ireland on the greens or ER?

I dont even know how to respond to that gross misrepresentation of my post

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

What idiocy is this ??!

Picking up litter is pointless ??

Yes I went to a couple of beach cleanups here in Dublin, and was disheartened how much is there and how quickly it is replaced. It's like trying to clean up Hiroshima with a pan and brush. We need to change how we consume.

We have the likes of this going on all the time in Ireland, illegal destruction of nature, usually by farmers. We have barely any trees or wildlife left here and then you have this kind of wanton destruction going on by f*cking imbeciles. The guy who posted the video reported to the Garda and no one wants to know. This is nesting season.

https://twitter.com/the_beeguy/status/1261008834560172032

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They're in basements all over the world.
    Biding their time, watching, waiting - while their mam is cooking for them.

So its OK to spread to every last corner of the globe in the name of 'growth' and leave an ecological wasteland behind? That will not be a problem at all, no?

Whatever about their current make-up but ecological preservation has no mandate at all. Is that what you guys are saying, yes?

Of of course, they all care about the environment - as long as it doesn't mean they have to change their lifestyles one tiny bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Yes I went to a couple of beach cleanups here in Dublin, and was disheartened how much is there and how quickly it is replaced. It's like trying to clean up Hiroshima with a pan and brush. We need to change how we consume.

Stuff coming in from the sea is decades old, would be 60 years before you saw a difference in the sea waste if you banned all packaging

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Well if its that bad the sooner we start the better then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Ah but Paddy,a mhíc....'Twas not the Bat that died....twas the Man !' with apologies to Mr O.Goldsmith :)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

We have the likes of this going on all the time in Ireland, illegal destruction of nature, usually by farmers. We have barely any trees or wildlife left here and then you have this kind of wanton destruction going on by f*cking imbeciles. The guy who posted the video reported to the Garda and no one wants to know. This is nesting season.

https://twitter.com/the_beeguy/status/1261008834560172032

I grew up in the 70's, in rural Donegal , every field had either crop or livestock , now there is hardly any of either, just bushes and rushes, so stop telling misleading info.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Looking forward to the videos of these well healed weirdos blocking working class people trying to get back to work after a couple of months on the dole

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

something has to change or we're all doomed.

Interesting post especially when i saw a post of yours on one of the covid threads saying that you didn’t care about the patients in ICU because you don’t know them. So you now suddenly care about everyone on the planet?

It's just kind of sad that any attempt to fix our environment boils down to people unwilling to give anything up and demanding to have whatever they want whenever they want, it will be the death of our planet.

Let me guess, the things you want people to give up on are things that don’t affect you?

The lockdown has been great for the planet
    Governments need to figure ways the emulate the lockdown in every day life.

Massive taxes on air travel would be an obvious thing to do and keep planes out of the sky. Massive taxes on each shipping container every time it’s loaded onto a ship.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

The lockdown has been great for the planet
    Governments need to figure ways the emulate the lockdown in every day life.

Massive taxes on air travel would be an obvious thing to do and keep planes out of the sky. Massive taxes on each shipping container every time it’s loaded onto a ship. Reduces all the plastic tat being needlessly produced and shipped. It also gives an advantage to locally produced goods increasing gnp and local jobs.

These two things alone would make a massive difference.

Were you born stupid or did you work really, really hard at it?

jim salter wrote: »
    Were you born stupid or did you work really, really hard at it?

I’d say it’s just a wind up :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement