Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Wiring Cable

Options
  • 16-05-2020 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I was doing some garden work and I cut down a few trees and the like and I spotted this cable, which is bringing the lights to my shed. There is no trunking or support around it. I can't see the grade of the cable. Should I replace it with something better or would you just leave it?

513135.jpg

regards,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Conte..

Should be fine if it's tidied up

Looks like nym protected from sunlight and not likely to be damaged

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

It looks like NJMJ which is not UV resistant. As such it will deteriorate over time from sunlight exposure. It would be best to replace with a different cable type or install in suitable conduit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Thanks guys.

Advertisement