Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temperature scanners

Options
  • 16-05-2020 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hey does anyone know where companies are sourcing temperature scanners for the workplace, a time management company in dublin will install one for 6140e :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Not sure how exactly they expect a "temperature" scanner to work.

I have a Seek Thermal infrared camera which is a small mobile phone add-on
    https://www.thermal.com/

You can see a temperature image/video in realtime, pretty much like the alien in the old "Predator" movie. But you'd need someone to point it at each employees head and raise an alarm if it's over say 38 degrees.

But not sure what a corporate solution on a large scale would work like...

EDIT: Just seen the landing page on Seek Thermal now, they have a "Seek Scan" solution....

Are you expecting some automated solution, where each employee walks in front of the camera and an alarm raises if the temperature is over a certain threshold ? What if they cycled/jogged to work?

If you just got a standard ear thermometer, and scanned everyone on their way into work, that would work. Although you'd need a load of the disposable covers, one per employee per day.

How many staff to you have to scan?

I'm not in this field, just a proper nerd with a "cheap" (probably around €200) version of one of those infrared cameras for a mobile phone.

A proper medical thermometer would be more accurate, but obviously require manually taking temperature readings and proper hygiene procedures.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Carol B

We need something that can scan each employee as they come in the back door, employees start at different times throughout the day, so a hand held would not be practical as you would need someone there to take the temperature, i'll keep digging, thank you

Advertisement