Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prescription cycling glasses?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tea2

@seaviewphotos I’ve bought prescription Oakley cycling glasses at Vision Express and they were good value as they charge the standard prices for Oakley (which are insane) but usually have a 20% off deal running store wide. Only thing might me that they may not be keen to order lenses for frames they didn’t source as they told me they sometimes have issues getting them to fit

think I paid about 300 for polarised lenses for Flak after the discounts

Post edited by Tea2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭JMcL

Apologies for the disinterment, but interested in case anybody has feedback.

I was looking at Ekoi (Perso Evo 9) and Rudy Project (Defender). Both look good and can take prescription lenses apparently, but it's nearly like short sighted people are like embarrassing uncles as far as the web sites are concerned. I'm non-the wiser as to whether the Ekois are direct glazed or inserts. Selecting corrective lenses on their configurator removes the options for red and photochromatic shields - arguably the 2 best options for here - and they've a strongest prescription of -4 (I'm under -5). The video on the page shows the choice of shields remaining and a strongest prescription of -6. Tried mailing, but their stupid webmail form just returns "Thanks to confirm anti-robot protection before going on." every time - nothing else.

As for Rudy Project, it's not at all clear how to go about ordering those with lenses. It looks like you order the specs and relevant insert separately, then try to get them glazed.

Can anybody offer any enlightenment on any of the above (or have an actual email address for Ekoi)?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Paddy3

I've bought 2 pairs from https://www.rxsport.co.uk/

Just provide them with prescription. Definitely worth the investment. With your prescription as well some glass aren't suited and their website will tell you that. The thing to look out for is whether they are clip on inserts. My pair are photochromatic, expensive but worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭JMcL

Advertisement