Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find hidden files or images

Options
  • 16-05-2020 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there

I'm probably having a blond moment here but I always selected the "hidden items" button as when I listen to it, i find old images of songs that I would like to remove but now i can't see folder.jpg and albumartsmall.jpg anymore. I know this will keep popping up in the file but I don't mind this. All buttons are ticked and selected. Am I missing something? This happened after an update. I even cleaned up my Media Player to ensure there are no images but still can't see any hidden folders.

In the "View options" I have selected "Hidden Items". I also went into "Folder Options" and selected "Show hidden files, folders & Drives"

Any help will be greatly appreciated. PM Please if you need to

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kylejensen

I can't believe there isn't anyone who can assist with this on this platform

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

kylejensen wrote: »
    I can't believe there isn't anyone who can assist with this on this platform

Is the problem just with your music folders or all folders?

Hi there mordeith

Thank you for getting in touch. It's my music folders that I'm referring to but I've done the same on the other folders and can't see anything either but this could be as there are no hidden folders. I can send you a screenshot via PM if that's possible to actually show you. If you go into the view option of the folders and you select "detail pane", you can see the image of the mp3 playing but sometimes when you start playing the song, windows media player shows a different image than what is in the "detail pane" on the right side of the screen. I just to tick the "hidden items" button because there could be old images in the background and normally said "folder.jpg and albumartsmall.jpg" but now it's nowhere to be seen. I know this will always pop back into the folder once you start playing a song if you have the "hidden items" button selected but that I mind that. It's that's it's not showing anywhere and I also went into "Folder Options" and selected "Show hidden files, folders & Drives" but still nothing. I even removed all images from Windows Media Player.

Hope this all makes sense and thanks again for the reply

This all happened after I had to do an update on the laptop.

Use windows search to find a specific file name. See if it can find it

This is what happens when it plays displays the wrong song https://mega.nz/file/Qj5DlZCZ#k2Yq4iA0SiOmXYiOywL-ifkimwlg7W_BW6ozKDqkQYk

Here are my settings selected (as before) https://mega.nz/file/EqxnlRDA#p9tPKYKt3TPHpZVHuBBlxlw4rwOhplg1QUkJpAjdqjo

Hope someone can help

Thank you so much

• Advertisement

This is the problem I can't see any hidden files so don't know what to search for. I have searched for "folder.jpg and albumartsmall.jpg" as this always came up but now it's gone. Maybe it's got to do with the new Windows update

Advertisement