Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't recognise these transactions

Options
  • 16-05-2020 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    recently I made two transactions in two different currencies- USD and GBP. Today while checking my account I noticed an addition 2.11 euro missing from my account. While I recognise one of the transactions I do not recognise the other transaction. I am assuming that since I paid 97 USD for a purchase recently, I am being charged for it. 

I appreciate all your answers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

If you bought something online, and opted to pay in local currency, you'll pay a 1% charge on top. When I buy from Amazon, I opt to pay in Euro to prevent this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Yes, these transactions would be associated with one another. There would be a charge associated with using your Visa Debit Card in a foreign currency, either online or physically in the country itself.  The charge would be calculated at 2% of the transaction value, with a maximum charge of €11.43 per transaction. 

I have attached a link here with more information on our fees and charges. Visa Debit charges for a personal current account can be found on page 8 of the booklet! 

Thanks, 
    Aisling

Advertisement