Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saving accounts?

• 16-05-2020 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭

Hi, where are the stickies on best buys for banking - saving accounts etc?
    I cannot find them - are they no longer here or am I missing them somehow?
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Sarn

sporina wrote: »
    Hi, where are the stickies on best buys for banking - saving accounts etc?
    I cannot find them - are they no longer here or am I missing them somehow?
    TIA

Wrong website.

https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/savings-best-buys.90481/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭sporina

Sarn wrote: »

thanks

thought there wer some on here too - by a poster named Burgess or something like that..

but thats great thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Sarn

sporina wrote: »
    thanks

thought there wer some on here too - by a poster named Burgess or something like that..

but thats great thanks

Brendan Burgess runs the site above.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

KBC have just written to consumers advising of another drop in the bonus interest rate which applies to the Extra Regular Savings Account.

A couple of years ago you'd be getting 2%, but from July this will be falling to 0.75% AER.

Fairly bleak savings rates in Ireland for those fortunate to have a few bob spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

hardybuck wrote: »
    KBC have just written to consumers advising of another drop in the bonus interest rate which applies to the Extra Regular Savings Account.

A couple of years ago you'd be getting 2%, but from July this will be falling to 0.75% AER.

Fairly bleak savings rates in Ireland for those fortunate to have a few bob spare.

PTSB of all people are now the best rate @(0.90%) for regular savings accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

hardybuck wrote: »

Got this letter myself, only went with them because of the interest rates, and as soon as I signed up they started dropping them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

danjo-xx wrote: »

I have this account myself.
    Just to note, the maximum you can save per month is 1,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Saudades

danjo-xx wrote: »

Question about this account; I understand they pay the interest once a year, every 20th November.

If you withdraw all your funds before 20th November, will they still pay the 0.9% interest on whatever your balance was at the time of withdrawal?

Or, is it a case of, if you withdraw all funds before 20th November, then you get zero interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Saudades wrote: »
    Question about this account; I understand they pay the interest once a year, every 20th November.

If you withdraw all your funds before 20th November, will they still pay the 0.9% interest on whatever your balance was at the time of withdrawal?

Or, is it a case of, if you withdraw all funds before 20th November, then you get zero interest?

Think it's done month by month. Year 1 if saving €1k per month, you get 0.75% on €1000 for the month of January, then on 2k in February, and so on as more goes in the account. Adds up until the November payout - remember you pay 33%(?) DIRT on it too.

So if you withdrew all your funds on 19th November you'd only miss out on one days worth of interest in the payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Stewball

I opened one of these accounts today and transferred €1000 in to it.

When will I be able to transfer another €1000 in - 2nd July?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Stewball wrote: »
    I opened one of these accounts today and transferred €1000 in to it.

When will I be able to transfer another €1000 in - 2nd July?

It seems to go by month, so you should be able to transfer again on the 1st of July. If you transferred 1000 on the 25th of the month, you could then transfer another 1000 from the 1st of the next month.
    I get an error message if I try to transfer before the month is up, that's from my PTSB Explore account, not sure what would happen if trying to transfer from another bank, it might leave your account but then bounce back.

Advertisement