Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9kw shower 6mm T and E

Options
  • 16-05-2020 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Not looking for advice just an opinion. Our shower packed in last week it was a t90si 8.5kw. Picked up a new t90sr the 9kw version as there's no 8.5kw version anymore.

Rang a few electricians who are adament to do it as our house has 6mm T and e supplying the shower.

The rcd is 40a and the distance from the shower is about 2 meters just under. As far as I know the cable is just lying in between the floors no insulation etc..

Going to ring a few more to see if any will do it but in your opi ion would 6mm be alright for it? As I said it was an 8.5kw shower all along so would the extra .5kw or 3 amps be too much for the 6mm?

Would rather not have to start paying for new cable and walls chases to replace.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

My opinion is, it will be fine, a straight swop, no need to upgrade the cable,

Advertisement