Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in Ballymun

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Central Services

First shower they've had in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭VillageIdiot71

https://www.thejournal.ie/galway-traveller-movement-accommodation-report-4136574-Jul2018/

So we can add to this "occasional pollution from large scale conflagrations"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Xxxxs

• Registered Users Posts: 82,826 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

This has been operating as a chop shop/unofficial scrap yard for a year plus, right in front of authorities and everyone going to the NCT centre, why do authorities show a blind eye to it?

This has been operating as a chop shop/unofficial scrap yard for a year plus, right in front of authorities and everyone going to the NCT centre, why do authorities show a blind eye to it?

They’re untouchable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MadraGlas

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Wonder if the halting site residents responsible for this fire will have to pay the multiple Fire Brigade fallout fees.
    I'm sure if its proved an individual from the halting site started it they will be charged

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

MadraGlas wrote: »
    I'm sure if its proved an individual from the halting site started it they will be charged

there won't be proof of course.
    this piece of land should not be used for a scrap yard unofficially.. the amount of old tyres thrown on the mound and burned out cars at the side of the road up there.. see it every time I'm in the nct centre.. selling new tyres at the front and blatantly dumping old tyres at the back.. and now this.. no respect, criminal behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The innocence of it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,659 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Probably a group of settled folk went in there and set the cars alight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Or the meeja.

John Connors blames the meeja for the travellers bad reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

careful now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Piriz wrote: »
    there won't be proof of course.
    this piece of land should not be used for a scrap yard unofficially.. the amount of old tyres thrown on the mound and burned out cars at the side of the road up there.. see it every time I'm in the nct centre.. selling new tyres at the front and blatantly dumping old tyres at the back.. and now this.. no respect, criminal behaviour.

Plenty of room in there now. Loads of space freed up.............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Paulzx

There's more chance of the tooth fairy doing time for it

M

What have the RTE reported it as a fire at a scrapyard when it was an illegal operation and had no licence to operate or legitimacy?
    Dublin Fire Brigade have attended the scene of a major fire in a scrapyard on Sillogue Green, Ballymun.

Five fire engines and one water tanker dealt with the blaze involving 40 scrap cars.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0516/1138817-ballymun-fire/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

This thread is racist so it is.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

An easy way to get rid of all the unwanted scrap.
    Council will now come along and clean it all up.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MadraGlas

The innocence of it
    I suppose we don't live in that ideal world I think we do. Would be a much nicer one if people would respect the land that sustains us and those who treat it with disdain get sent to clean up the mess they and others caused.

I know there is a halting site out by me. The fields surrounding it covered in a lot of litter. I wouldn't be a fan of it. Its not right to pollute the environment. But to disdain the community that's at fault doesn't fix any of the problems. It would be much more constructive to work with them then against them.

Perhaps you'll agree with me, perhaps not. Perhaps I've also missed the point of what this thread was meant to be but maybe we should discuss how to solve problems rather then give out about the people that cause them. Its a lot easier to give out then to think of ways to fix the issue at hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

What have the RTE reported it as a fire at a scrapyard when it was an illegal operation and had no licence to operate or legitimacy?

The planning is in the post ;)

• Advertisement
    M

I suppose we don't live in that ideal world I think we do. Would be a much nicer one if people would respect the land that sustains us and those who treat it with disdain get sent to clean up the mess they and others caused.

I know there is a halting site out by me. The fields surrounding it covered in a lot of litter. I wouldn't be a fan of it. Its not right to pollute the environment. But to disdain the community that's at fault doesn't fix any of the problems. It would be much more constructive to work with them then against them.

Perhaps you'll agree with me, perhaps not. Perhaps I've also missed the point of what this thread was meant to be but maybe we should discuss how to solve problems rather then give out about the people that cause them. Its a lot easier to give out then to think of ways to fix the issue at hand.

Yes we should offer them €300k state of the art houses and then offer a full apology when they won't accept them because they don't have stables attached :rolleyes:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/horse-has-bolted-council-will-not-provide-stables-for-17m-traveller-homes-in-local-stand-off-37398684.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

NIMAN wrote: »
    Probably a group of settled folk went in there and set the cars alight.

Those Amish, up to no good.
    As usual!

I think the point to consider is working with them isnt working, they dont want to integrate, educate or go straight, they want to operate at the fringes, take what they can get their hands on, leave everything for someone else to clean up, contribute nothing and intimidate everyone, but you can share constructive ideas all you want.. I bet they've been tried already and failed miserably. the point of this thread is to point at criminality, express frustration and have a reasonable level of speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

"It has not yest been established how the fire started".:pac:

RTE bending over backwards as usual not to mention they are travellers in case they offend potato head Connors.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Or the meeja.

John Connors blames the meeja for the travellers bad reputation.

thats akin to saying fox news sets out to make republicans in america look bad

the media downplay traveller dysfunctionality and criminality

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It's mind boggling to think we don't have one politician willing to bring up the issues with these people. What other countries have tolerated crime gangs that the police turn a blind eye to? We shouldn't be fostering outlaws in Ireland. Although my main gripe with them is the mess they leave everywhere.

It's mind boggling to think we don't have one politician willing to bring up the issues with these people. What other countries have tolerated crime gangs that the police turn a blind eye to? We shouldn't be fostering outlaws in Ireland. Although my main gripe with them is the mess they leave everywhere.

I think the garda do what they can.. recently they raided a site in northern cross.. I think they regularly foil their criminal enterprises and we know they are represented in large numbers in the prison. I agree about the mess

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Excellent post.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The fire is under control and the cause has not been established

Rather than facilitate more speculation, thread closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement