Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCU Werewolf MAIN GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    when it was developing that i might be peeked i said it would be a waste. maybe not a waste but there are better candidates.

peeks on villages are worth less than peeks on wolves, no question.

i protected myself when it was apparent i was for the lynch

I don't agree. Green peeks mean cleared village.

So if Steve had peeked you as a villager we would move to someone else for the lynch.

Town cores win games, not powers or stuff.

Look at the Cosmic Thread and how the villagers gelled so well as a good example.

Barney's MU World Champs game is another really good one, with even less emphasis on powers there.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    "Hey folks, I'm a good guy, peek me rather than lynch me. I've a power of protecting one our confirmed villagers. Keep me alive"

A play like that might work better than

Don't peek me

I'm protecting myself so the wolves can munch me!

Very Good point.

Sorry I haven’t been around much, Will try and be here more tomorrow. Still bit lost to be honest. Was lucky with the kill as I was following Gertrudes line of thought regarding the bounced kill.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    I don't agree. Green peeks mean cleared village.

So if Steve had peeked you as a villager we would move to someone else for the lynch.

Town cores win games, not powers or stuff.

Look at the Cosmic Thread and how the villagers gelled so well as a good example.

Barney's MU World Champs game is another really good one, with even less emphasis on powers there.

town cores die as quickly as they are revealed. finding wolves is more valuable

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Yeah well looking at your first posts go suck on a lemon

Yeah, wanting to cast a vote for a since proven wolf, what a dreadful post...

So it's better to mislynch and lose our chance at getting a wolf than have a cleared villager?

You're talking more like a wolf the way the night goes on tbh

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

We just go with your peek until something disproves it though. So if wolf, we lynch them. If correct that's it. If you say wolf and they turn village we catch you red handed.

Frankly I don't think it would go like that. If we knew steve was good then great. But it wouldn't be long before someone suggested killing steve to confirm his peek. The wolves wouldn't do it because the peek would be confirmed (assuming steve was good). If Steve says village steve will be suggested for a lynch. If steve says wolf we still have to lynch/peek steve.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

THats what I reckon would happen based on previous games

So it's better to mislynch and lose our chance at getting a wolf than have a cleared villager?

You're talking more like a wolf the way the night goes on tbh

whats better:

1. find a wolf
    2. clear a villager

Finding wolves is obviously more valuable but finding villagers isn't a disaster.

The more cleared villagers we have the harder it is for wolves to keep killing.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Hi all.

Might as well pop in, been reading the thread for the last hour or so...carnage. Don't have any reads tbh, not sure where to vote with all the anon stuff. like starting from day one but not complaining, the more werewolf the better.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

I mean I want isla lynched now over today, but I could get behind Nigel in the running not really feeling much wolfyness off others though.

And would vote isla over nigel at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

whats better:

1. find a wolf
    2. clear a villager

But people find you suspicious, how does not lynching or peeking you work exactly?

whats better:

1. find a wolf
    2. clear a villager

They are the same thing can't you see?

If you're a villager, Steve peeks you and we don't mislynch you, improving our chances of getting a wolf and adding another to the lock clear category.

They are the same thing can't you see?

If you're a villager, Steve peeks you and we don't mislynch you, improving our chances of getting a wolf and adding another to the lock clear category.

Exactly if Isla is a villager and we lynch them it's a waste of a lynch for the village.

I don't see why any villager would be so vehemently against being peeked.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Yeah, wanting to cast a vote for a since proven wolf, what a dreadful post...

And your first post was a resurrected something or other, go suck 2 lemons

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Looking through Barbara's posts I feel confident they are a villager. Katie is a decent counter to Isla wagon

Exactly if Isla is a villager and we lynch them it's a waste of a lynch for the village.

I don't see why any villager would be so vehemently against being peeked.

cos it increases the chances of peeking a wolf.

Drumpot wrote: »
    But people find you suspicious, how does not lynching or peeking you work exactly?

And it kind of just boils down to this Isla unfortunately. You don't want to peeked despite people seeing you as suspicious.

And you don't want to be lynched (ala the self-protect).

So you gotta go as that's the only way we can know what alignment you are.

And it kind of just boils down to this Isla unfortunately. You don't want to peeked despite people seeing you as suspicious.

thats like a chicken and egg scenario.

why did people suspect me in the 1st place to lead me to possibly getting peeked?

thats where i'd look for a wolf or 2. barbara for one

Katie WW wrote: »
    Frankly I don't think it would go like that. If we knew steve was good then great. But it wouldn't be long before someone suggested killing steve to confirm his peek. The wolves wouldn't do it because the peek would be confirmed (assuming steve was good). If Steve says village steve will be suggested for a lynch. If steve says wolf we still have to lynch/peek steve.

don't really get this logic about killing/lynching a player to confirm a peek?

peeking a player to confirm a peek, sure, but the above? maybe i'm missing something

• Advertisement

Nigel WW wrote: »
    And your first post was a resurrected something or other, go suck 2 lemons
    Which one first?

JS50434590.jpg

lemon.png

Jake WW wrote: »
    don't really get this logic about killing/lynching a player to confirm a peek?

peeking a player to confirm a peek, sure, but the above? maybe i'm missing something

It's a bit annoying but it's a common thing here, previous games the poor peeker gets killed to confirm the peekee :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Exactly.

If anybody has a peek and is thinking if peeking isla now is the time or forever hold your peace. We don’t want chaos around lynch time.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Drumpot wrote: »
    Exactly.

If anybody has a peek and is thinking if peeking isla now is the time or forever hold your peace. We don’t want chaos around lynch time.

Don't peek Isla, it's a wasted peek imo. Peek someone but only reveal if they're red; if they're green keep it until you or they are being lynched

Eva WW wrote: »
    Don't peek Isla, it's a wasted peek imo. Peek someone but only reveal if they're red; if they're green keep it until you or they are being lynched

Why is it a wasted peek?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Why is it a wasted peek?

I can't see her being anything but wolf. I'd be astounded if she comes back green

why did people suspect me in the 1st place to lead me to possibly getting peeked?
    /QUOTE]

u should find the posts that zoned in on you and let's see. can't expect someone else to do it for you.

i don't know where to put my vote, don't like to wagon, but you seem a good option the way things are going.

isn't there anyone out there with a peek? you'd think there'd be more than one...if there was one to begin with...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

It's a bit annoying but it's a common thing here, previous games the poor peeker gets killed to confirm the peekee :cool:

But as long as it's not the village doing the killing doesn't that give the peeker a bit of a respite from the wolves? In that if they munch a peeker after he's peeked the village see green and confirmation of the peek. That's how I'd see it anyway

I count 17 votes so far

Isla WW (10): MacDanger, Wendy WW, duffman13, Barbara WW, Doris WW, Abigail WW, Senan WW, Orla WW, Steve WW, Eva WW
    Barbara WW (2): Isla WW, Gertrude WW
    Katie WW (2): Conor WW, Holly WW
    Nigel WW (1): Patrick WW
    Patrick WW (1): Nigel WW
    Conor WW (1): Ewan WW

• Advertisement

Jake WW wrote: »

/QUOTE]

u should find the posts that zoned in on you and let's see. can't expect someone else to do it for you.

i don't know where to put my vote, don't like to wagon, but you seem a good option the way things are going.

isn't there anyone out there with a peek? you'd think there'd be more than one...if there was one to begin with...

i mean when i flip green. the early flimsy suspicions are where i'd start - barbara.

im a gonner anyway

Advertisement