Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCU Werewolf COSMIC THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Desmond WW wrote:
    My take is that Mick used his powers and that the whole wolf team is not the above, or the munch would have been stopped.

Potentially but then that opens the debate as to the munch being a power

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    It wouldn't have been stopped. It's only powers that can be prevented, not munches or lynches.

Thats not true. Its says it in the death notice.

"Power / abilities"

not powers alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Baggly wrote: »
    The competition shall take place at 1pm. See you then!!

might come a bit earlier and do some warm ups.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Desmond WW wrote: »

"Power / abilities"

not powers alone.

Whatever way you want to word it munches cannot be prevented.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

strange him naming me, or anyone for that matter, given the low posting yesterday. different story of course if he was the seer

Genuinely think that in all cases bar duffer Mick was just rustling branches.

He didnt follow through on anything bar the Carole Baskin stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

"Power / abilities"

not powers alone.

His point stands, munches are neither a power nor an ability

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Baggly wrote: »
    MicksJaguar has died.

They were Malekith.

They were good / village.

They had the power to disable 3 players of their choosing (temporarily stop them from using their power / abilities for 24 hours).
    My take is that Mick used his powers and that the whole wolf team is not the above, or the munch would have been stopped.

Hmm interesting theory. Obviously I like it coz it clears me. Do we think Mick would've used his power this early though? Based on nothing? I'm not so sure.

Also Phil, what happened to your no munch thing?

This is another untruth.

I've activated my power to avoid the munch.

Oh so you were bull****ting us then? Nice.

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Was just bluffing.

• Advertisement

Hmm interesting theory. Obviously I like it coz it clears me. Do we think Mick would've used his power this early though? Based on nothing? I'm not so sure.

It doesn't clear you.

For it to have worked, that would have had to be the whole wolf team, 3 for 3.
    Otherwise, any no doped up member of the wolf team would preform the munch.

I dont think we can blanket clear any of the three off Micks powers anyways. There's nothing to say he used them at all.

He might well have. Or he might have used them on one, or two, or not used them at all, we just don't know enough to state definitively.

This is another untruth.

Do you have something that you want to share with the class?

It doesn't clear you.

For it to have worked, that would have had to be the whole wolf team, 3 for 3.
    Otherwise, any no doped up member of the wolf team would preform the munch.

And there's no way that Mick could've known the entire wolf team at the start of the game. That would be madness.
    So most likely he didn't use his power, he was shaking trees and none of us are cleared of anything.

Do you have something that you want to share with the class?

See rule 12.

12. All players have at least one action they can take based on their character assignment, as detailed in their PM. If you wish to make the action assigned to your character, please PM all mods with relevant details (target, confirmation you wish to use). No backsies, once the PM is sent, the action is taken. Please note character alignment in the MCU movies may not match character alignment in this game (because it's a different dimension). You are free to reveal your character and/or powers/abilities on thread if you wish.

So suspicions.

Shame I'm not on the other thread I'd be suss of two there!!

Here I'm not sure yet, there isnt anything standing out massively for me.

Shatter I think was just playing up to his character which is (isn't?) in the OP pic.

Duffers referencing Carole Baskin randomly as well.

Other than that there's feck all tbh.

And there's no way that Mick could've known the entire wolf team at the start of the game. That would be madness.
    So most likely he didn't use his power, he was shaking trees and none of us are cleared of anything.

What if micks was a gambling man, and he picked the whole wolf team, and the munch was stopped. He'd come on today and say, my power prevented the munch, I doped up duffman, yosser and molly. That's the wolf team right there, kill them and we move onto the other island.

It would be a legendary move, worth remembering.

I could see micks trying it, given the power revealed and his posts last night.

See rule 12.

12. All players have at least one action they can take based on their character assignment, as detailed in their PM. If you wish to make the action assigned to your character, please PM all mods with relevant details (target, confirmation you wish to use). No backsies, once the PM is sent, the action is taken. Please note character alignment in the MCU movies may not match character alignment in this game (because it's a different dimension). You are free to reveal your character and/or powers/abilities on thread if you wish.

Unless my reading comprehension skills have abandoned me entirely, I can't see anywhere there where it says/implies munches are included.

Unless the power/ability specifically states something like "you can avoid one munch" then you cannot avoid the munch. MicksJaguar could not avoid the munch based on his reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necro wrote: »
    So suspicions.

Shame I'm not on the other thread I'd be suss of two there!!

Here I'm not sure yet, there isnt anything standing out massively for me.

Shatter I think was just playing up to his character which is (isn't?) in the OP pic.

Duffers referencing Carole Baskin randomly as well.

Other than that there's feck all tbh.

You wouldnt publicly discuss another ongoing game elsewhere; id suggest you treat the other thread thusly.

Unless my reading comprehension skills have abandoned me entirely, I can't see anywhere there where it says/implies munches are included.

Unless the power/ability specifically states something like "you can avoid one munch" then you cannot avoid the munch. MicksJaguar could not avoid the munch based on his reveal.

What if a player had the power/ability to protect another player, and they protected micks last night, do you think that the munch could have been prevented then?

• Advertisement

Unless the power/ability specifically states something like "you can avoid one munch" then you cannot avoid the munch. MicksJaguar could not avoid* the munch based on his reveal.

Avoid or prevent*

What if micks was a gambling man, and he picked the whole wolf team, and the munch was stopped. He'd come on today and say, my power prevented the munch, I doped up duffman, yosser and molly. That's the wolf team right there, kill them and we move onto the other island.

It would be a legendary move, worth remembering.

I could see micks trying it, given the power revealed and his posts last night.

Ok I'm shockingly bad at even basic maths but what are the odds that mick would correctly guess the ENTIRE wolf team* in one go? They must be astronomical?

(*which I can confirm, he didn't)

Ok I'm shockingly bad at even basic maths but what are the odds that mick would correctly guess the ENTIRE wolf team* in one go? They must be astronomical?

(*which I can confirm, he didn't)

less than 00 on a roulette table.

What if a player had the power/ability to protect another player, and they protected micks last night, do you think that the munch could have been prevented then?

No, I would think he could only be protected from someone's power/ability.

No, I would think he could only be protected from someone's power/ability.

okay then.

We'll have to agree do disagree, because I believe that the munch could be prevented in the case I suggested above, and you do not.

Fair enough for you to have that viewpoint, and I believe fair enough that I have mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I don't know how much faith we can put in what seemed to be tree shaking. Maybe he got one right maybe he didn't. Maybe the wolfs want us to think that's why he was killed, maybe it's a double bluff. Anyway I had a few too many last night so I'm going to have a little nap before this competition

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I don't know how much faith we can put in what seemed to be tree shaking. Maybe he got one right maybe he didn't. Maybe the wolfs want us to think that's why he was killed, maybe it's a double bluff. Anyway I had a few too many last night so I'm going to have a little nap before this competition

First task of the wolves is to cause confusion. Check.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Necro wrote: »
    Well friggidy frack.

Now was Mick killed for his tree shaking or because he was right on someone.

Who did he name, duffers (and voted there), Molly, and yosser.

Jokingly referenced myself and Shatter too

I can see why you say jokingly in reference to yourself but why are you putting Shatter there to? Did I miss something?

Can a much be stopped? Doesn't matter. If Mick did use his power , he'd very unlikely hit 3 wolves and any wolf left could order munch.

• Advertisement

First job of wolves is to create confusion in the village. Check.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement