Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCU Werewolf EARTH THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

fixXxer wrote: »
    No counter claim? What do we think team?

What do you think of the claim? Kinda wolfy to see what the mood of the village is without making a comitement yourself.
    khalessi wrote: »
    COuld be on the level re claim

Which means what?

We already had discussions about role reveal. Unless I’ve missed something we all have a character and apart from Thanos we don’t know which team they are on.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Just to make myself a little useful, here's the stones, guesses and who has them.

Time Stone - Reverse any attacks made against them until the following munch

Reality Stone - Remove the abilities / attacks / perks / prize effects of 1 player until the following munch

Soul Stone - 2x Alignment peeks

Power Stone - free shot on 2 players

Space Stone - Transport a player to the other thread until the following munch. That player cannot vote in either thread. They can also not be killed or lynched on either thread.

Mind Stone - Take control of a player's mind - any powers they possess that day will be directed by this stone wielder.

Guesses

Mind Stone - Barney, Gabriel
    Time Stone - Ectoplasm, An LachaCorcra, Drumpot
    Space Stone - JGF, fixxxer
    Soul Stone-Khalessi

Winners

Mind Stone: Gabriel
    Space Stone: Fixxxer
    Time Stone: Ecto

We haven't been told how many wolves there are, but people seem to be assuming three or four per thread.

Three questions for more knowlegeable folk to answer:

1. Would the three wolves have guessed strategically?
    2. Would there be any stone that a wolf would want more than another?
    3. Would there be any stone that a villager would want more than another?

To the questions above I would answer:

1. Possibly, they wouldn alll go for the same stone would they?
    2. Space stone, mind stone?
    3. Time stone, reality stone, soul stone?

But I suppose since everyone guessed fairly quickly and the guesses couldn't have been conducted with much consultation, this speculation could be irrelevant? I'm not sure. I know nothing of superheroes. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I have a theory.

Barney and I had a little back and forth, and at the end of it Barney used a Benedict Cumberbatch gif. I took that as a soft claim but didn't follow up.

Gab saw that and though hey he played Dr. Strange. IM DR. STRANGE. Hence the theory that we all reveal who we are hoping that Barney would come out as the same character.

We decided not to go with it.

So if the theory is true, then I'm Good, Gabs is Good and Barney probably a bad un.

Gonna change my vote to Barney.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Well one thing we learnt is that so far no counter claim so could be telling the truth but still could be lying about alignment and sometimes people get desperae as in some games if you go offline you are bad and suspected of hiding, which is the case sometimes and sometimes not lol. Sorry if this is considered fluffy

I will be totally honest. I am desperate, but not for the reasons mentioned. I have died Day 1 every game since Christmas and it is bugging me. I signed up anon and took an anon name. I just REALLY want to play past a day or so.

But I am Good and I do have powers to help. I am thinking of using the stone today as I think I am going to die.

I have a TV show about to start and this time it will be over before the lynch where it was not in another game and I found I was dead and there was nothing I could do.

So, that's it in a nutshell. Just finished eating and having some time with the better half and hopefully we have found a wolf when I get back :cool:

Drumpot wrote: »
    What do you think of the claim? Kinda wolfy to see what the mood of the village is without making a comitement yourself.

See above :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Barney next as he’s one of vocal posters at the moment
    Barney92 wrote: »
    200.gif
    First few posts are fluff, common enough tbh
    Fair point, I just really don't want to live in a world where that caecillius chap is a goodie. Not a fan of his.
    That is would, because the man is a menace. He is worse than those 3 chat people.

This caught my eye yesterday – I thought Barney was breadcrumbing a particular role that another player has now claimed
    That it would*
    Next few are fluffy
    Well if there was any doubt about whether the baddies in the films would definitely be baddies in the game there isn't now.
    I didn’t like this. It’s obvious but it also fits really badly with the breadcrumb stuff previously

MNvf.gif
    Frankly, I don't have a breeze. See what happens after the competition I reckon.
    I could really get on board getting rid of that Rupesh lad though. He's always causing me trouble,
    Grand, nothing here
    tumblr_mra4xf8yQq1rjsdk1o3_r1_250.gif
    But in all seriousness Ecto, I agree on the FFAs.

I do think killing oisin was a non-too-subtle way of moving the spotlight towards you though.
    I don’t know what to make of this interaction. It feels like pointing from a distance tbh

200.gif
    That is a bit bizarre because you also talked to a few others yesterday. Not sure why gabriel fixated on you with fixxxer.
    I'll make this a bit easier for you so fixxxer, you can put me in your village pile.
    See, that's what I mean by just making the game easier. Put me in the village pile and the job is a good one. You don't need to worry.

No I need to worry whether you should be there at all at all.
    tenor.gif?itemid=4058882

Like this?

200_d.gif
    JGF is going to go far with flattery like that.
    Lots of banter but a bit pockety
    I guessed mind stone by the way. Probably worthwhile for other villagers to guess other stones.
    I don’t know here. If hes village this is fine, but f he’s wolf it’s a great way to get that stone to himself maybe
    I'm happy popping over to the other thread for a chinwag. Don't need to be protected though.
    I didn't say I should be sent, I said I was happy to be sent and made it clear there was no need to send me.
    Wouldn't fixxxer be doing the sending? Or did I misread that one completely?
    I don't know about this Gabriel one. Suspects rattling cages but rattles cages themself.
    This is some shade I don't like frankly. Me I somewhat get. But surely fixxxer should be looking to go to the other thread. I mean it would be weird if he didn't want to go. That's as either wolf or villager by the way. Drumpot is making the list.
    Fine I guess, don’t really have much thoughts on this
    #FFA1

Gabriel - seems suspicious of fixxxer for rattling cages but says that is what they are doing. Something seems up.

Drumpot - can't quite get on board with their suspicion of fixxxer wanting to go to the other thread. If fixxxer has the stone and if they are good why would they protect anyone else?

Ecto - this is somewhat in jest but not quite because I think killing oisin may have been a move that was brought about because they were worried oisin was a seer.

Not really sure on this ffa. The way Ectos dropped here worries me here after the earlier post, it feels too throwaway. If Barney flipped bad I’d be looking there next
    You know it John. Wolfhunting is just a secondary part of the gif game ;).

From the above I’d be leaning furry on Barney. I’d also be having a look at Ecto next

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Which means what?

We already had discussions about role reveal. Unless I’ve missed something we all have a character and apart from Thanos we don’t know which team they are on.

As I said further down

"Well one thing we learnt is that so far no counter claim so could be telling the truth but still could be lying about alignment and sometimes people get desperae as in some games if you go offline you are bad and suspected of hiding, which is the case sometimes and sometimes not lol. Sorry if this is considered fluffy"

I have a theory.

Barney and I had a little back and forth, and at the end of it Barney used a Benedict Cumberbatch gif. I took that as a soft claim but didn't follow up.

Gab saw that and though hey he played Dr. Strange. IM DR. STRANGE. Hence the theory that we all reveal who we are hoping that Barney would come out as the same character.

So if the theory is true, then I'm Good, Gabs is Good and Barney probably a bad un.

I was leaving little clues by using the word strange a few times in posts so that if there was a counter claim I was able to show.

I really only have a few minutes now and you doing this makes me think you are on team village after all. I will be gone for an hour and can sort my vote.

Didn't conveniently forget it Drumpot. I actually had it in the post before my FFA.

Looks like somebody’s cage was rattled and you are just picking me cause I have called you out.

Your explanation ok Fixxer doesn’t make any sense in the context that villagers don’t know his allignment. Why would a villager choosing to go into another thread help the village? I see more to be gained by a wolf doing it.

The fact that Fixxer received the first vote (Rikand) might of actually given him a fright and was adds to the theory. A jump to the other thread resets fixxers stance in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Getting confused between JGF and Drumpot.

I'm going to throw a vote on ALC. He's the only one I have a concrete suspicion on.

As for Gabriel's post...Im not sure. He could be on the level but it's easy to say "don't kill me I'm good and have powers that can help".

I am finding it interesting that neither Gabs nor Fixx have used their powers and neither have been attacked.

• Advertisement

I have a theory.

Good spot! I'd missed that when I iso'd. barney was also quick out the blocks to look for Kaelicius, that's two sets of breadcrumbs. Barney, any comments?

tritium wrote: »
    Good spot! I'd missed that when I iso'd. barney was also quick out the blocks to look for Kaelicius, that's two sets of breadcrumbs. Barney, any comments?

So Barney might of soft claimed Dr Strange ? Why? What’s the benefit to claiming any role if anybody can be good/bad? What am I missing?

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I was leaving little clues by using the word strange a few times in posts so that if there was a counter claim I was able to show.

I noticed people were mentioning Dr. Strange. I just assumed he was a popular Marvel character and it wasn't unusual to talk about him.

Still, the most suspicious post in the thread was when you bolded the name Kaecilius (or whatever it was) all on its own.

But then we weren't told of tasks..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Do we have many FFAs left to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hey guys

Haven't read anything since last night. I'll try to catch up, but I'm phone posting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Looks like somebody’s cage was rattled and you are just picking me cause I have called you out.

Your explanation ok Fixxer doesn’t make any sense in the context that villagers don’t know his allignment. Why would a villager choosing to go into another thread help the village? I see more to be gained by a wolf doing it.

The fact that Fixxer received the first vote (Rikand) might of actually given him a fright and was adds to the theory. A jump to the other thread resets fixxers stance in here.

Rattle me cage? What do you even mean by that?

You claim that I left out that you mentioned me. I pointed out that I didn't leave it out.

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Getting confused between JGF and Drumpot.

I'm going to throw a vote on ALC. He's the only one I have a concrete suspicion on.

As for Gabriel's post...Im not sure. He could be on the level but it's easy to say "don't kill me I'm good and have powers that can help".

I am finding it interesting that neither Gabs nor Fixx have used their powers and neither have been attacked.

How do you know we haven't used powers?

Tegan WW wrote: »
    I noticed people were mentioning Dr. Strange. I just assumed he was a popular Marvel character and it wasn't unusual to talk about him.

Still, the most suspicious post in the thread was when you bolded the name Kaecilius (or whatever it was) all on its own.

But then we weren't told of tasks..:confused:
    I explained I C&P from the site. The character set came with it. No tasks, just a simple copy.

I have a theory.

So if the theory is true, then I'm Good, Gabs is Good and Barney probably a bad un..

I honestly don't understand this theory, but it benefits me so hey go with it. :D

Why are we going on about characters when it doesn't matter?

What you do then is this.

#FFA1

1) Garbiel - very defensive over Rupesh
    2) Fixxxer - Trying to confuse Gabriel who is a bit thick

3) JGF - just to explain how it is done

Hope that helps :)
    Earth MCU

#FFA1

Drumpot it felt like he was trying to pocket me for a couple of posts and insinuating a link between us that isnt there
    Fixxxer trying to rattle cages
    JGF very knowledgable for newbie and just can put my finger on it
    #FFA1

Gabriel - seems suspicious of fixxxer for rattling cages but says that is what they are doing. Something seems up.

Drumpot - can't quite get on board with their suspicion of fixxxer wanting to go to the other thread. If fixxxer has the stone and if they are good why would they protect anyone else?

Ecto - this is somewhat in jest but not quite because I think killing oisin may have been a move that was brought about because they were worried oisin was a seer.
    Ectoplasm wrote: »
    My #FFA1 is

AnLachaCorcha: I didn't like the changing story for character reveals.
    khaleesi: Playing very neutral. Lots of banter yesterday but not posting much of substance today - questions and tables.
    Gabriel WW: Feel like he joined in with ALCs reveal but then backed off quickly. More based on interactions than anything else.

That said, too many I have no real feel on. Am giving benefit of doubt and hoping to see more from some people later. Am working too but trying to keep up.
    has trit not posted yet?

#FFA1

1.) Tegan drifts in and complains about no one posting then disappears. I don't usually like to complain about low posters but that feels off to me.
    2.)Gab. Thought their come backs this morning were a bit shrill in tone for my liking. Smell of panic about them.
    3.)Barney getting too smooth vibes off this character. Not much but it's gut feels at this stage.

This is all the tagged posts.

I have a theory.

What the deuce? Why would I softclaim a character? It makes no sense at all fixxxer. Looks like there is a character for each of the people on earth.

• Advertisement

How do you know we haven't used powers?

I explained I C&P from the site. The character set came with it. No tasks, just a simple copy.

Sorry I don't know but given there hasn't been any announcements and nobody from here has shown up on the other thread I assumed.

tritium wrote: »

Again, what benefit would there be to me?

Also trit, you'll notice I posted a list of all the characters (missed who the first one was). So hardly focusing on one character.

So Barney might of soft claimed Dr Strange ? Why? What’s the benefit to claiming any role if anybody can be good/bad? What am I missing?

Its a good point. Might be ok for a while but eventually someone like mysterio would flip and remove any upside to the claim. Dunno tbh

Gabriel's stone is the

Mind Stone - Take control of a player's mind - any powers they possess that day will be directed by this stone wielder.

Gabriel must have used his power on someone right? Because of the bolded part.

Gabriel's stone is the

Gabriel must have used his power on someone right? Because of the bolded part.

Day is anytime up to lynch. Maybe he has but I expected an on thread announcement.

Why hasn't fiXXXer used his power? His stone lasts until the following munch which is 10am?

Why hasn't fiXXXer used his power? His stone lasts until the following munch which is 10am?

I've no reason to. No point in using it just for the sake of using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

This is all the tagged posts.

I definitely did one, did I not tag it right? I'll have to go back and check

• Advertisement

Tough to figure out who's dodgy with so little to go on!! Thought Gabriel was very defensive over the Rupesh thing though which was a bit weird? So I'll stick with that for now. #FFA1
    oops, I should stick to the same format as others.

#FFA1:

Khaleesi: I feel is posting a lot but I don't know there is much to the posts? A lot of it was early fluff stuff and a bit then about organising who has what stone.

Fixxer: I'm inclined to say is town because of the sheer amount of posts but then I'm wondering is that a bluff and basically I don't know. I want you to be town though.

Gabriel: I'm a liiiittle bit less suspiscious than I was earlier but still feel he was very quick to go defensive over the rupesh error.

You did, sorry. I messed up the multi quote.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement