Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCU Werewolf EARTH THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

oops, I should stick to the same format as others.

#FFA1:

Khaleesi: I feel is posting a lot but I don't know there is much to the posts? A lot of it was early fluff stuff and a bit then about organising who has what stone.

Fixxer: I'm inclined to say is town because of the sheer amount of posts but then I'm wondering is that a bluff and basically I don't know. I want you to be town though.

Gabriel: I'm a liiiittle bit less suspiscious than I was earlier but still feel he was very quick to go defensive over the rupesh error.

That was my #FFA1 maybe putting the colon after it made it not show up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Ecto next
    Sundays posts are fluff, usual bants and stuff
    Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Morning. So Oisin accused me and now he's dead. Nice stitch up there. Thanks wolves.

I'm a fan of FFAs, the more info we have the better. Also please tag them.

Assume Rikands vote was tree shaky, looks invalid now anyway.
    Gabs... typing and bolding kacelius name looked a bit tasky but no mention of tasks and given it seems everyone has powers, no way to know if it is good/evil indicative anyway.
    JGF newb asking questions. Could still be evil.
    Khal helpful table
    Fixxxer getting organised, could be loud wolf.
    Not a lot else to go on.

ALC only one yet to post right?

The elephant in the room tbh. There’s a bit of dragging plenty of others into the conversation about the post here that isn't great really
    From the main game thread. Maybe I read it wrong. Checking now.
    Yeah. It's Rule 12. "All players have at least one action they can take based on their character assignment, as detailed in their PM. "

So everyone has powers.
    Next few posts are mechanics, banter, bit of helpful stuff. Not much there either way
    This seems odd. We know characters don't indicate alignment based on Oisin. Also the OP has a picture of 12 characters, so I don't think duplicates are likely. Are you a wolf with a 'good' character perchance?
    So first it was duplicates but now it's information on possible powers?
    If you think that powers are linked to characters then surely we should be keeping them quiet no? As you say, it is too early for seer or the like to be coming out.
    I actually like this but I don’t see how if fizzles so easily

Next few posts are competition stuff,
    So, my stone is dependent on being attacked but given wolves know I have it, I'd say there's no point in transporting me as it's effectively protection against an attack.

Trying to strategise about the others but it's a bit of a head melt. If either are wolves, they're not likely to use them in an obviously wolfy way. If they're village, it could go great or terrible either way. Could Gabs steal from and then fixxxer transport the same person? Would that work?
    I don’t like this post. It really feels like stating the obvious, like ”I’ll be fine tonight guys”
    Still a problem if one is a wolf. Definite problem if both are.
    My #FFA1 is

AnLachaCorcha: I didn't like the changing story for character reveals.
    khaleesi: Playing very neutral. Lots of banter yesterday but not posting much of substance today - questions and tables.
    Gabriel WW: Feel like he joined in with ALCs reveal but then backed off quickly. More based on interactions than anything else.

That said, too many I have no real feel on. Am giving benefit of doubt and hoping to see more from some people later. Am working too but trying to keep up.
    FFA comes bacjk to ALC, Don’t really get where Khalesi came from thouogh
    AnLachaCorca. I'm a lazy typist. It felt like ALC brought up character reveal and you went with the idea but then eased off when people disagreed. You didn't seem to question the changing reasons for the reveal either. Suspicious but not damning...yet.
    Well I believe you as it's easy to check but I'm not sure if that makes you any less suspicious. Do you not find the changing story for why we should reveal suss?
    Not YOU changing reasons, ALC. It read to me like a wolf who had joined late and didn't know that character and alignment don't have to match.

On the reveal...I don't get the point AND I can see a possible downside (powers and characters maybe linked). There are 12 characters in OP and 12 players. Why would wolves lie about who they are?

Getting confused between JGF and Drumpot.

I'm going to throw a vote on ALC. He's the only one I have a concrete suspicion on.

As for Gabriel's post...Im not sure. He could be on the level but it's easy to say "don't kill me I'm good and have powers that can help".

I am finding it interesting that neither Gabs nor Fixx have used their powers and neither have been attacked.
    Ok, fighting their corner when challenged, Not really liking the gab/ fix shade at the end here, feels forced
    Overall, not really warming to Ecto. Nothing really that moves us forward and any non fluff is weak At this stage I think Id have here in the wolfier side of the pile

Gonna #ffa1

Barney

Ecto

Both based off their iso's. No thrird name at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

tritium wrote: »
    Its a good point. Might be ok for a while but eventually someone like mysterio would flip and remove any upside to the claim. Dunno tbh

What do you mean “someone like Mysterio wouid flip? The insinuation was that he was claiming Dr Strange not Spider-Man. I’m not sure if this is a good bad or neutral thing to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I agree there has been a lot of fluff but I'm going to mention a few things trit. Breadcrumbing makes almost zero sense, at least for a character. Breadcrumbing a power on the other hand I could see the point of.

Me saying no doubt about character alignment was in reference to another post I made which you left out of my ISO where I listed all characters and which ones were baddies.

Great way to get the stone for myself? Why is that something bad. Everyone should be trying to get it for themselves? If you don't know if anyone else is good why let them get a stone?

Of course it's throwaway trit, coming up with three people on day one isn't the easiest. You don't even have a third for example.
    This caught my eye yesterday – I thought Barney was breadcrumbing a particular role that another player has now claimed

I didn’t like this. It’s obvious but it also fits really badly with the breadcrumb stuff previously

I don’t know here. If hes village this is fine, but f he’s wolf it’s a great way to get that stone to himself maybe

Not really sure on this ffa. The way Ectos dropped here worries me here after the earlier post, it feels too throwaway. If Barney flipped bad I’d be looking there next

From the above I’d be leaning furry on Barney. I’d also be having a look at Ecto next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭AnLachaCorcra

FFA1:

1. Gabriel. This is still the most suspicious post in the thread. Looks like it might have been a made to unlock some power/complete some challenge.
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Had to hunt for the proper spelling of this guy. Haven't seen the movie he was in. The name takes me back to learning Latin in school, slightly different spelling though. Not sure I know all the folks in the picture. I only worked out that there are 12 in the pic etc.

Kaecilius.

2. Ecto: Because she's calling me a wolf :P This is not a convincing argument, but when you have nothing else to go on, childish revenge is as good an approach as any. (Having read back a bit more, Oisin did mention Ecto before being munched, but that could easily be the wolves trying to make the wrong person look guilty, so meh. Still 50/50).

3. Don't know. I'm looking at Barney but I don't really see any reason to accuse him. Same with everyone else so far.

A newb question: for the lynch this evening, do we need a certain amount of people to vote for sometime, or is it just whoever has the most votes at 9pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ecto next
    Sundays posts are fluff, usual bants and stuff

The elephant in the room tbh. There’s a bit of dragging plenty of others into the conversation about the post here that isn't great really

NO IDEA WHAT THIS MEANS...DRAGGING PEOPLE IN...IT WAS A READS LIST. WHAT VILLAGE SHOULD BE DOING

Next few posts are mechanics, banter, bit of helpful stuff. Not much there either way

I actually like this but I don’t see how if fizzles so easily

NOR DO I. NOBODY ELSE SEEMED TO FIND IT ODD AND I DID BRING IT UP AGAIN LATER AND IT WAS DISMISSED AGAIN.

Next few posts are competition stuff,

I don’t like this post. It really feels like stating the obvious, like ”I’ll be fine tonight guys”

EH IT WAS STATING THE OBVIOUS. I WILL BE FINE IF IM ATTACKED SO TRANSPORTING ME MAKES NO SENSE.

FFA comes bacjk to ALC, Don’t really get where Khalesi came from thouogh

KHAL IM FEELING BETTER ABOUT ACTJALLY BUT UP TIL THEN THEIR POSTS WERE ONLY ASKING QUESTIONS AND POSTING TABLES.

Ok, fighting their corner when challenged, Not really liking the gab/ fix shade at the end here, feels forced

IM NOT TRYING TO SHADE, IM TRYING TO POINT OUT WHAT I FIND SUSPICIOUS AND THIS SEEMED SUSPICIOUS. FIXXX EXPLAINED AND SO DID GAB SORT OF. NOT SURE WHAT ELSE IM SUPPOSED TO DO. THINK ITS WEIRD AND *NOT* SAY ANYTHING
    Overall, not really warming to Ecto. Nothing really that moves us forward and any non fluff is weak At this stage I think Id have here in the wolfier side of the pile

Sorry for the all caps, not shouting, but I'm on the phone.

I like Gabriel for a lynch. Also ALC disappeared for a portion of the day and when they came back they only offered the same view as earlier on Gabriel and Ecto, because they voted for them. And Barney because other people think he's suspicious. Just seems like no new information.

Anything else to add ALC?

A newb question: for the lynch this evening, do we need a certain amount of people to vote for sometime, or is it just whoever has the most votes at 9pm?

Whoever has most votes at 9pm I believe.

• Advertisement

However, the votes aren't being posted till 10pm so there may be some roles that can manipulate votes.

Barney92 wrote: »
    Whoever has most votes at 9pm I believe.

So there's no harm in doing a placeholder vote in case I have to step away before 9? Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

MOD REMINDER:

1 hour left to vote

Not voting will result in a penalty

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Back for a little bit. Very off topic. Was watching the latest episode of the Blacklist

I had no idea it was filmed so close to it being shown, but due to Covid they had animated/comic book parts as they couldn't film.

Back to the thread. Watching something else, but will be checking in

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Back for a little bit. Very off topic. Was watching the latest episode of the Blacklist

I had no idea it was filmed so close to it being shown, but due to Covid they had animated/comic book parts as they couldn't film.

Back to the thread. Watching something else, but will be checking in

Checked in to say nothing with more checking in to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

RIkand you have only four posts and you are pointing our Gabriel.

khalessi wrote: »

If I see something I dont like, I call it out

fixXxer wrote: »
    I have a theory.

Barney and I had a little back and forth, and at the end of it Barney used a Benedict Cumberbatch gif. I took that as a soft claim but didn't follow up.

Gab saw that and though hey he played Dr. Strange. IM DR. STRANGE. Hence the theory that we all reveal who we are hoping that Barney would come out as the same character.

We decided not to go with it.

So if the theory is true, then I'm Good, Gabs is Good and Barney probably a bad un.

Gonna change my vote to Barney.

A theory with absolutely zero motive given for why a baddy would soft role claim when characters don’t matter. I don’t mind theory’s when there is at least a reasonable motive provided.
    Barney next as he’s one of vocal posters at the moment

First few posts are fluff, common enough tbh

This caught my eye yesterday – I thought Barney was breadcrumbing a particular role that another player has now claimed

Next few are fluffy

I didn’t like this. It’s obvious but it also fits really badly with the breadcrumb stuff previously

Grand, nothing here

I don’t know what to make of this interaction. It feels like pointing from a distance tbh

Lots of banter but a bit pockety

I don’t know here. If hes village this is fine, but f he’s wolf it’s a great way to get that stone to himself maybe

Fine I guess, don’t really have much thoughts on this

Not really sure on this ffa. The way Ectos dropped here worries me here after the earlier post, it feels too throwaway. If Barney flipped bad I’d be looking there next

From the above I’d be leaning furry on Barney. I’d also be having a look at Ecto next

Barney showing up as dodgy from another player very shortly after Fixxers theory.
    I was leaving little clues by using the word strange a few times in posts so that if there was a counter claim I was able to show.

I really only have a few minutes now and you doing this makes me think you are on team village after all. I will be gone for an hour and can sort my vote.

So you were leaving clues for something that actually doesn’t matter (character names on thread with no indication of allignment). This feels like a stitch up.
    Good spot! I'd missed that when I iso'd. barney was also quick out the blocks to look for Kaelicius, that's two sets of breadcrumbs. Barney, any comments?

Wow so the three of you feel this breadcrumbs master plan of a baddy...
    Drumpot wrote: »
    So Barney might of soft claimed Dr Strange ? Why? What’s the benefit to claiming any role if anybody can be good/bad? What am I missing?

I’m sure there’s a perfectly good answer to these dots being connected.
    Its a good point. Might be ok for a while but eventually someone like mysterio would flip and remove any upside to the claim. Dunno tbh

Oh, but at least you were on the same page for the plan... Oh wait.
    What do you mean “someone like Mysterio wouid flip? The insinuation was that he was claiming Dr Strange not Spider-Man. I’m not sure if this is a good bad or neutral thing to be honest.

Is it too much of a stretch for all three wolves to be in on a plan like this? Probably. Night 1 is usually a crapshoot but I think there’s enough suss about this to think there’s a wolf leading a charge against Barney. Don’t actually know if Barney is good, but I do think this was people going with a fairly flimsy narrative that they refused to engage me on which is more then enough to Peak my interest today.

I mean that a typically villain character would flip as good and then being the hero dr strange means nothing

khalessi wrote: »

He may be low posting but he has a point. Im not loving Gabriel's posting this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Reading over the thread, I don't like some of the interraction between JGF and Drumpot.

JGF coming across as ridiculously new to the game or to use the term that he has used on more than one occasion, a 'noob'.

Drumpot pocketing a few posters and interpersing talk of backrooms with stuff like 'not sure but', 'no idea but' and 'just guessing but'. All seems a bit forced.

This last line of this just seems off.
    Not sure to be honest.

1 wolf team
    - 1 backroom And they all communicate from the start
    Or
    - 2 backrooms and maybe only the wolves from each island can communicate until we merge with the main thread

2 wolf teams
    - A backroom each to communicate

I feel like it’s most likely 1 team cause :

- Thanos is main baddy mentioned on OP
    - win conditions only mention wolves (not SK) - good spot Khal

I’m not sure if this will be much use/help to us now, but just thought it would help you see how we try to find our way in these places.

I don't get the phrase 'these places'.

This last line here, bolded.
    Just thinking about the way things have been switched around, it seems like unless you are thanos there is no way of having it confirmed on thread if you are good or bad. This is excellent cause none of us can come out and say “I’m rupesh, you know the good guy from accounting”. We have to rely on our charm to convince the village we are good.

The contradiction here...

The competition is usually between 1 to 1.30 or 2 and usually everybody can enter. So it’s best for the village that as many villagers as possible enter with the right answer as you can bet the wolves will be doing the same.
    I might have to go for awhile but who has not been around on thread during the comp? Certainly a but suspect , even if RL can be an issue we all knew to be here now.

On one hand, the wolves are sure to be in on the comp, then whoever isn't around is a bit 'suspect'.

Well, that's just some minor observations and he could be perfectly innocent.

#FFA1

1. Johngreenfan
    The Noob act.

2. AnLachaCorcra
    Just off. Weird stuff about revealing characters pointed out by Ecto. Sporadic appearances.

3. Gabriel
    Weird post about Kaecilius or whomever. Weird stuff about revealing characters. Doesn't tell us who they used powers on.

4. Drumpot
    Pocketing and forced ignorance act re: backrooms.

5. fixxxer
    Just off. No time to explain right now.

6. Rikand
    Going under the radar.

7. Ecto

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Reading over the thread, I don't like some of the interraction between JGF and Drumpot.

JGF coming across as ridiculously new to the game or to use the term that he has used on more than one occasion, a 'noob'.

Drumpot pocketing a few posters and interpersing talk of backrooms with stuff like 'not sure but', 'no idea but' and 'just guessing but'. All seems a bit forced.

This last line of this just seems off.

I don't get the phrase 'these places'.

This last line here, bolded.

The contradiction here...

On one hand, the wolves are sure to be in on the comp, then whoever isn't around is a bit 'suspect'.

Well, that's just some minor observations and he could be perfectly innocent.

#FFA1

1. Johngreenfan
    The Noob act.

2. AnLachaCorcra
    Just off. Weird stuff about revealing characters pointed out by Ecto. Sporadic appearances.

3. Gabriel
    Weird post about Kaecilius or whomever. Weird stuff about revealing characters. Doesn't tell us who they used powers on.

4. Drumpot
    Pocketing and forced ignorance act re: backrooms.

5. fixxxer

6. Rikand
    Going under the radar.

7. Ecto

So all the posts you quoted with issues are from Drumpot... But they're only 4th on your list?

Tegan.. do you actually think there are 7 wolves??

So all the posts you quoted with issues are from Drumpot... But they're only 4th on your list?

I was thinking the very same thing. I had begun to look at Tegan’s posts after seeing they had voted for you and there’s nothing to see where this narrative has come from.

I think you voting the new guy is a total copout tegan.

Based on your post, I think you should be voting Drumpot. Drumpot and Tegan could be w/w together in this instance. Its the perfect opportunity to make a case on a wolf buddy and then not vote him so as to point to it later as "look at how I raised suspicion"

Yes, well it was hardly revelatory stuff, just some minor suspicions in wording. Just to point out more specifically something I didn't like in response to JGF in relation to backrooms.
    Drumpot wrote:
    I’m not sure if this will be much use/help to us now, but just thought it would help you see how we try to find our way in these places.

Possibly the dodgiest FFA I've seen. Name 7 people, contradict yourself and give plenty of cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭AnLachaCorcra

I like Gabriel for a lynch. Also ALC disappeared for a portion of the day and when they came back they only offered the same view as earlier on Gabriel and Ecto, because they voted for them. And Barney because other people think he's suspicious. Just seems like no new information.

Anything else to add ALC?

Not really. I'll add more if/when I see stuff that strikes me as suspicious. The only properly suspicious thing I've seen is the Gabriel post, so that's who I'll vote for. It's not cast-iron at all, but it's all I have to go on.

Tegan.. do you actually think there are 7 wolves??

It's me against the world here buddy. You're all on my radar.:D

• Advertisement

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Yes, well it was hardly revelatory stuff, just some minor suspicions in wording. Just to point out more specifically something I didn't like in response to JGF in relation to backrooms.

I think this is a lesson for you Drumpot: no fluff, no fun, no being nice to the new guy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement