Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCU Werewolf EARTH THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

MOD NOTE:

No posting on thread during the embargo. Any further posts will result in a penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Khalessi has died.

They were Black Widow.

They were good / village.

They had the power to evade an attack.

black-widow-death-top-1024x576.jpg

The posting embargo is now lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

GOOOOOOOD MORNING EARTH THREAD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Drumpot wrote: »
    Wolves also knew Gabs was good... Just saying.....

Out of nowhere I picked up gabs line of thinking and went with it saying the plan at the very least made Gabs good in my eyes, with a possibility of Barney bad. There was no wolf advantage to doing what I did when I did it.

Barney's voting has made him my choice for today.

#FFA1 Barney

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

OK so took a look at last nights stuff during the lockdown

Votes first
    WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Lynch Results

Player | Voted by | Total
    Gabriel WW | JohnGreenFan, AnLochaCorcha, Barney92 | 3
    Barney | fixxxer, Tritium, Gabriel WW | 3
    JohnGreenFan | Khalessi, Tegan WW | 2
    fixxxer | drumpot | 1
    AnLachaCorcra | Ectoplasm | 1
    Tegan WW| Rikand | 1

The obvious one here is the vote by Barney that self pres’s and leads to Gabs lynch. If Barneys a wolf then would another wolf risk being in there too? The Barney wagon then really depends on what Barney is. If Barney is a wolf then there’s unlikely to be a wolf there in such a tight race. Net/net I’d say up to two wolves between the two wagons. That leaves remaining wolves in what’s left.

We also have 8 ffas

Player | ffa |
    Khalessi | Drumpot fixer JGF
    Barney | Gabriel Drumpot Ecto
    Ecto | AnLachaCorca Khalessi Gabriel
    fixxxer | Tegan Gab Barney
    JohnGreenFan| Khalessi Fixxer Gabriel
    Tegan| JohnGreenFan AnLachaCorca Gabriel Drumpot Fixxer Rikand Ecto

AnLachaCorca| Gabriel Ecto

Tritium| Barney Ecto[

All voters voted from their FFA here so not much I can derive from this. Three voters didn’t go with the top of their ffa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

fixXxer wrote: »
    Out of nowhere I picked up gabs line of thinking and went with it saying the plan at the very least made Gabs good in my eyes, with a possibility of Barney bad. There was no wolf advantage to doing what I did when I did it.

#FFA1 Barney

Why does my voting make me your choice? I'd like to know why it makes me a wolf and not a villager?

Barney92 wrote: »
    Why does my voting make me your choice? I'd like to know why it makes me a wolf and not a villager?

I'll tell you why it makes me more suspicious of you today than I was yesterday: you weren't really online in the thread and then you swooped in to save yourself at the very last second. Why? Why not try to convince us? Jumping on Gabriel was an easy wagon - I personally don't think he did himself any favours yesterday.

I could be wrong but did he save Fixxer who I thought had three votes when I placed mine and if would of been deciding vote.

Also I used a power on Fixxer so he couldn’t use his power to jump threads. If Gabriel is good that’s where my focus is tomorrow, on both Barney and Fixxer

I didn't save fixxxer, just to be clear. My options were get lynched or switch to either Gabriel or John.

Baggly wrote: »
    Khalessi has died.

They were Black Widow.

They were good / village.

They had the power to evade an attack.

The posting embargo is now lifted.

RIP Khal

301672328448201.gif?to=min&r=640

You were online to switch votes but not chat in the main thread. I don't like it, villagers argue their case. Look at how Gabs went down. Giving us info all the way to lynch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Todays competition will take place at 1pm. See you there!

I'll tell you why it makes me more suspicious of you today than I was yesterday: you weren't really online in the thread and then you swooped in to save yourself at the very last second. Why? Why not try to convince us? Jumping on Gabriel was an easy wagon - I personally don't think he did himself any favours yesterday.

That is fair enough John, but I think it was clear why I suspected yesterday evening. I would have chosen fixxxer for their theory on me breadcrumbing, or even trit for the same. I made it clear that theory was nonsense and voted fixxxer. But when I checked at the end if I kept on fixxxer then I would have been lynched. Jumping on Gabriel was literally one of my only two choices if I wanted to save myself. Either Gabriel or you. I had Gabriel in my FFA so was more suspicious of them.

Baggly wrote: »
    Todays competition will take place at 1pm. See you there!

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Morning all. My top 2 suspects are Barney and Tegan. Barney for the double self-pres and Tegan for the crazy FFA and then saying they voted JGF because khal (who is now dead) voted that way. Both seem like ways of laying cover to me.

I'm not sure on my third yet. I'm wary of wagonomics these days after seeing wolves play village like fiddles with it so I'll be keeping an eye on Tritium too.

That is fair enough John, but I think it was clear why I suspected yesterday evening. I would have chosen fixxxer for their theory on me breadcrumbing, or even trit for the same. I made it clear that theory was nonsense and voted fixxxer. But when I checked at the end if I kept on fixxxer then I would have been lynched. Jumping on Gabriel was literally one of my only two choices if I wanted to save myself. Either Gabriel or you. I had Gabriel in my FFA so was more suspicious of them.

Yeah to be honest I'm still confused about fixxer's theory. I also still don't understand Gabriels' plan, but since it was definitely coming from a villager maybe fixxer could shed light on both this morning?

Do you still think fixxer should have been lynched yesterday?

Fixxxer you voted for me based on this.
    I have a theory.

Barney and I had a little back and forth, and at the end of it Barney used a Benedict Cumberbatch gif. I took that as a soft claim but didn't follow up.

Gab saw that and though hey he played Dr. Strange. IM DR. STRANGE. Hence the theory that we all reveal who we are hoping that Barney would come out as the same character.

We decided not to go with it.

So if the theory is true, then I'm Good, Gabs is Good and Barney probably a bad un.

Gonna change my vote to Barney.

You didn't responded to me when I said this. So did you want me to just keep asking you things? You didn't even respond to my argument and you still voted for me. How was I meant to convince you not to vote for me if you don't respond to the gaping hole in your argument?
    What the deuce? Why would I softclaim a character? It makes no sense at all fixxxer. Looks like there is a character for each of the people on earth.

Trit mentions the exact same breadcrumb argument, this is my reaction to it. At least trit thanked my final post on the matter but trit didn't engage in anything.
    tritium wrote: »
    Good spot! I'd missed that when I iso'd. barney was also quick out the blocks to look for Kaelicius, that's two sets of breadcrumbs. Barney, any comments?
    Again, what benefit would there be to me?
    Also trit, you'll notice I posted a list of all the characters (missed who the first one was). So hardly focusing on one character.
    I agree there has been a lot of fluff but I'm going to mention a few things trit. Breadcrumbing makes almost zero sense, at least for a character. Breadcrumbing a power on the other hand I could see the point of.

Me saying no doubt about character alignment was in reference to another post I made which you left out of my ISO where I listed all characters and which ones were baddies.

Great way to get the stone for myself? Why is that something bad. Everyone should be trying to get it for themselves? If you don't know if anyone else is good why let them get a stone?

Of course it's throwaway trit, coming up with three people on day one isn't the easiest. You don't even have a third for example.
    Gonna #ffa1

Barney

Ecto

Both based off their iso's. No thrird name at this point.

Yeah to be honest I'm still confused about fixxer's theory. I also still don't understand Gabriels' plan, but since it was definitely coming from a villager maybe fixxer could shed light on both this morning?

Do you still think fixxer should have been lynched yesterday?

Yes, and I made it clear what I thought of fixxxer's theory yesterday but the two main proponents of the theory didn't seem too interested in engaging.

Ideally fixxxer would have gone yesterday, rather than gabriel.

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Morning all. My top 2 suspects are Barney and Tegan. Barney for the double self-pres and Tegan for the crazy FFA and then saying they voted JGF because khal (who is now dead) voted that way. Both seem like ways of laying cover to me.

I'm not sure on my third yet. I'm wary of wagonomics these days after seeing wolves play village like fiddles with it so I'll be keeping an eye on Tritium too.

I know a wolf would want to survive but wouldn't a villager want to do the same, over someone who they weren't sure of?

Me dying yesterday would have meant a villager dies, whereas gabriel was an unknown. It's in the village's interest for villagers to try stay alive.

I know a wolf would want to survive but wouldn't a villager want to do the same, over someone who they weren't sure of?

Me dying yesterday would have meant a villager dies, whereas gabriel was an unknown. It's in the village's interest for villagers to try stay alive.

I *kind of* see your point. I wasn't loving Gabriel's posting last night but the thing that is throwing me is the fact that a) he did flip good and b) you double posted your final vote. It reads more like a wolf making sure that the villager died.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Fixxxer you voted for me based on this.

You didn't responded to me when I said this. So did you want me to just keep asking you things? You didn't even respond to my argument and you still voted for me. How was I meant to convince you not to vote for me if you don't respond to the gaping hole in your argument?

Trit mentions the exact same breadcrumb argument, this is my reaction to it. At least trit thanked my final post on the matter but trit didn't engage in anything.

Barney, Id engaged separately with Drummer to admit I have no idea how/ why the breadcrumbs stuff fits in. I saw it, I called it but tbh I don't understand it

Honestly, you're actually the only one who can explain why you were throwing out DR strange references. Why were you? I don't see any reason so can you explain it?

• Advertisement

I *kind of* see your point. I wasn't loving Gabriel's posting last night but the thing that is throwing me is the fact that a) he did flip good and b) you double posted your final vote. It reads more like a wolf making sure that the villager died.

I voted twice to try ensure I had the last vote. I understand why you think that could be wolfy, all I'm asking is that you consider both sides.

Barney, Id engaged separately with Drummer to admit I have no idea how/ why the breadcrumbs stuff fits in. I saw it, I called it but tbh I don't understand it

Honestly, you're actually the only one who can explain why you were throwing out DR strange references. Why were you? I don't see any reason so can you explain it?

Right I must have missed that but I would have hoped that might get you to wonder why fixxxer was voting for me when that was their whole reason for voting me.

I listed all the characters in the picture, that I knew. Then I said I really didn't like Kaecilius, because I actually don't like them. It wasn't me trying to set up a Doctor Strange claim. The Cumberbatch gif was really just because it was the first gif that came up when I searched for "worth a try gif". If there are any other things you think are breadcrumbs let me know.

Start 12 - 9 v 3(?)
    1. AnLachaCorcra
    2. Barney
    3. Drumpot
    4. Ectoplasm
    5. Fixxxer
    6. Gabriel WW Lynched N1 GOOD
    7. Johngreenfan
    8. Khalessi Munched D2 GOOD
    9. Gabriel WW Munched D1 GOOD
    10. Rikand
    11. Tegan WW
    12. Tritium

Morning D2 9
    6 v 3(?)

We really need to get a wolf today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

#FFA1 Barney
    RIP Khal

301672328448201.gif?to=min&r=640

I don’t like this sort of stuff , implying you knew somebody was good after the fact.
    You were online to switch votes but not chat in the main thread. I don't like it, villagers argue their case. Look at how Gabs went down. Giving us info all the way to lynch.

Im more interested in why Barney chose to condemn Gabriel over JGF.

Khal was right when she said
    khalessi wrote: »
    JGF very knowledgable for newbie and just can put my finger on it

You and fixxer seem very focused on Barney, hope I have time today to check back on a few things.... I work from home and do want to get some stuff done.

You and fixxer seem very focused on Barney, hope I have time today to check back on a few things.... I work from home and do want to get some stuff done.

Drumpot and Khal think I'm too knowledgeble to be a newbie. Tegan thinks I'm too much of a newbie. Feeling like I can't win here :(

I didn't really get the wagon on Barney yesterday, I thought he was town, and I thought Gabriel was a wolf. I was wrong about Gabriel so I have to rethink my thoughts from yesterday. I'm not ready to vote on anyone yet. Might try and reread the thread at some point today as well.

We need to see more from Rikand, Trit, ACL and Tegan. That’s over half this group who are coasting it and have less posts then most who have died.

I’d be willing to lob a lynch strategy into that group.

Drumpot and Khal think I'm too knowledgeble to be a newbie. Tegan thinks I'm too much of a newbie. Feeling like I can't win here :(

I didn't really get the wagon on Barney yesterday, I thought he was town, and I thought Gabriel was a wolf. I was wrong about Gabriel so I have to rethink my thoughts from yesterday. I'm not ready to vote on anyone yet. Might try and reread the thread at some point today as well.

The bit with Barney I get Is him not being around to defend himself. That’s a red flag. But throwing a vote on somebody else (somebody on your ffa) to save yourself isn’t on it own bad.

I’ve accidentally defended wolves in the past JGF so go with your gut. Khal died because they thought she was a bigger threat then anybody else or to throw shade on somebody. Fixxer going right after Barney with little else is a bit of a flag. If I had a peek, I’d be looking there.

But there are too many low posters just walking through, so I’d like to focus on who hasn’t been around much a bit more. I was a wolf in last game and it can be hard to get involved, particularly if you start slow. If I had a bullet I might throw it into the group of 4 I mentioned. Sometimes rolled villagers will equally try to blend into lower posters but I don’t think that applies here.

We need to see more from Rikand, Trit, ACL and Tegan. That’s over half this group who are coasting it and have less posts then most who have died.

I’d be willing to lob a lynch strategy into that group.

Definitely agree with you on that one. I feel good about none of them. Rikand has barely posted and did a subtle nudge on Gabriel, which to be fair I agreed with. I also agreed with him about Tegan.
    Trit has been quiet and has accused me on very flimsy evidence imo and didn't respond to my rebuttal.
    ALC I'm still not over the whole changing reasons for character reveal AND they disappeared for a large part of the day after it was shot down.
    And Tegan, well, I've outlined my reasons there already but the whole posting style is cya and laugh off any accusations.

• Advertisement

Definitely agree with you on that one. I feel good about none of them. Rikand has barely posted and did a subtle nudge on Gabriel, which to be fair I agreed with. I also agreed with him about Tegan.
    Trit has been quiet and has accused me on very flimsy evidence imo and didn't respond to my rebuttal.
    ALC I'm still not over the whole changing reasons for character reveal AND they disappeared for a large part of the day after it was shot down.
    And Tegan, well, I've outlined my reasons there already but the whole posting style is cya and laugh off any accusations.

Tegan is someone I do have my eye on, because I don't understand why wou'd only really start posting an hour before the lynch, flag nearly everyone as a potential wolf and then say they don't have enough time to explain why. I feel like a villager would at least try to explain some of their thoughts, even if they got cut off by the deadline.

Plus I still think calling out Drumpot's posting but then only listing him as 4th on the FFA is really weird.

I'm hoping they'll all come back and post more today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement