Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCU Werewolf EARTH THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭AnLachaCorcra

Barney92 wrote: »
    I never said the posts prove myself. I said I can prove myself if the wolves ever attack me. You'll know I'm good then.

That's obviously not gonna happen now though. If you're a villager the wolves have no reason to attack you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

That's obviously not gonna happen now though. If you're a villager the wolves have no reason to attack you.

Well then you'll just have to make up your own mind as to whether I am good or bad.

I'd rather be lynched with you folks knowing everything, than me holding something back.

Obviously I'd rather not be lynched at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Well then you'll just have to make up your own mind as to whether I am good or bad.

I'd rather be lynched with you folks knowing everything, than me holding something back.

Obviously I'd rather not be lynched at all.

That much was obvious when you saved yourself from a lynch last night I think.
    Who else are you thinking is a wolf other than fixxer?

#FFA2

Fixxxer - they threw out a theory that didn't make sense. When I called them out on it they didn't respond at all but this morning pivoted from the breadcrumbing theory to suspecting me because of my voting yesterday, and not being around yesterday. However, they did not respond to me challenging them on the theory which seemed to be the only reason for voting me.

tritium - sort of backed up the breadcrumbing thing but at least has back off that now

drumpot/JGF - I'd be shocked if there wasn't a wolf on khalessi's FFA yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

fixXxer wrote: »
    Trit can you bring that post from the voting thread in here? Its useful information.

I think this is what you're looking for. I posted it in this thread also once I realised I dropped it in the votes
    tritium wrote: »
    Ok, lets look at vote evolution yesterday and see what we have:

Fixxer -Tegan barney
    Gabriel -fixer barney
    Ecto -ALC
    Tritium - barney
    Khalessi - JGF
    JGF- Gabs
    Rikand - gabs tegan
    Barney- fixer gabs gabs
    Tegan- jgf
    ALC- gabs
    Drumpot- fixer

Four voters switch votes during the day-gabs barney rikand and fixer. Two of those end on barney so barneys alignment is a key here. Rikand moves off gabs- this happens at 8.55. Could be wolf move to distance here but that would mean they were confident they wouldn’t lynch a wolf. Based off that I don’t see barney and rikand on a team

• Advertisement

Has Tegan been around today?

Tegan I actually have a good feeling about. Would a wolf want to draw attention to themselves with a seven person FFA or whatever it was?

Tegan I actually have a good feeling about. Would a wolf want to draw attention to themselves with a seven person FFA or whatever it was?

I know what you're saying but how does it help the village to narrow down who's a wolf if you think nearly everyone is a wolf?

Has Tegan been around today?

I don't think so, but I don't think was she around much yesterday either, so hopefully she'll be back on this evening.

I know what you're saying but how does it help the village to narrow down who's a wolf if you think nearly everyone is a wolf?

Well it gives us more information I suppose. Who tegan voted for is surely their prime suspect.

• Advertisement

TWTBAW maybe. Looking at her posts I'd a few questions around that stuff before lynch yesterday though, not exactly village play either way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

No stone here either so either Barney has it, we had lurkers or someone lied about what they went for.

Don't agree that Tegan is TWTBAW, I think she is a wolf. Her and ALC are my top suspects. I was planning on looking elsewhere but nothing ALC posted today has made me feel any better about him.
    Barney I'm tempted to believe but the double pres vote and the lack of stone make me doubt.

So my #FFA2
    Tegan
    ALC
    Barney

If I was a wolf surely I just come out and say I had the stone ecto. Not entirely sure why I'd lie about it.

If I was a wolf surely I just come out and say I had the stone ecto. Not entirely sure why I'd lie about it.

Me neither which is why you're bottom of my list but I can't be certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hey guys :)

Hey Rikand. Any thoughts on today?

Rikand wrote: »
    Hey guys :)

Hello rikand :)

I've voted on Tegan because it is just too quiet for my liking. I know it is early but everyone focussed on Barney seems off. Im in class online in a while, but I'll try to be on here as much as I can, hopefully the thread livens up.

#ffa2
    Barney
    Rikand
    I‘m pretty sure looking at last night that there’s one wolf in these two. Riks switch doesn’t happen if hes a wolf and Barneys a wolf in jeopardy since it forces Barneys hand.

No idea on no 3. Tegan was weird last night but hasn’t been around today. Barneys point on it being too obvious is fair too, but I also have barney as part of my ffa. Ecto still bugging me tbh. Today’s been a bit meh from them – I know they came back earlier to say how much theyd done but I’m just not seeing it. I also have no read at all an AnLaochaCorca which is odd – I think I need to have a look there now

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Hey Rikand. Any thoughts on today?

Yep

My powers were stolen

Opening thoughts, wolves peeked my last night because I'm such a leet player and when they realised I actually had something semi decent, they stole my powers

Or else it was just a silly villager.

I'm thinking the first though and I'm revoting teegan

• Advertisement

Yep

My powers were stolen

Opening thoughts, wolves peeked my last night because I'm such a leet player and when they realised I actually had something semi decent, they stole my powers

Can you share what was stolen?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Yep

My powers were stolen

Probably Drumpot, he claimed he blocked me as well.

Gabriel had that power, dunno if it would still be in force now though. I assume any powers used stay in force after the user is killed.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Since I have raised some suspicion with my FFA yesterday, an FFA that was hastily cobbled together admittedly, I will attempt to expand on my reasoning now that I actually do have some time on my hands.

First of all, I didn't know FFAs had to have a limit. Afterall, the definition in the glossary is

FFA - Free For All - give a list with reasoning of your top suspicions for wolves.

It doesn't mention a limit. Besides, how do we know there are only three wolves? The Cosmic thread is still going and they've rooted out three wolves so far and are speculating as to whether they should get transferred. (Hopefully they will get transferred because we could do with some competent villagers over here unlike my hapless self. We Earth villagers are being made to look bad by the cosmic crew and it's embarrassing.)

Secondly, I wasn't around for the competition today either because I was in my bed.:o Reading back, it was an absolute disaster and I fear the wolves may have gobbled up the prizes as we scramble like amateurs.

So here is an explanation of my FFA and some reappraisals. It is not in order yet today because my thinking is changing a little.

Johngreenfan

Yesterday:
    I thought this poster was feigning ignorance esp. re: backrooms. Khalessi pointed this out and I partly agreed. I thought his rapport with Drumpot was unusual and seemed coordinated and chummy, almost a tactic agreed on in a backroom.

Today:
    I think his posts today have sounded quite knowledgeable, but then Werewolf isn't rocket science. Seems to have boundless enthusiasm for a newbie, perhaps understandably under lockdown. I didn't like how he grabbed at the stones today without any discussion among villagers, but it was understandable, considering there was no gameplan and the whole thing was a shambles. I probably would have done the same thing myself, wolf or villager.

AnLachaCorcra

Yesterday:
    I didn't like nor really understand his suggestion in one of his initial posts that we reveal our characters right away. Duplicate roles?
    Apart from that, I'm happy to reveal my character, if everybody else is? Might force some people into claiming duplicate roles and give us something to go on?

This was called out by Ecto and the reply was contradictory and I didn't really understand it fully either TBH, although the last part makes some sense I suppose.
    Dang, you caught me :P I just think the more information that's out there the better. I appreciate it's too early for someone to be claiming seer or whatever, but there's a decent chance that any powers might be connected to the character. So everyone telling their character names now might stop wolves from trying to change their story later. Like if I were a wolf and came out late in the game and claimed to be Loki, with the power to impersonate another character by posting using their anon account. I wouldn't get away with that if I had to declare my character early.

There was this FFA posted out of nowhere forty minutes after me, which basically just mimicked what I said re: Gabriel
    Tegan WW wrote: »

Still, the most suspicious post in the thread was when you bolded the name Kaecilius (or whatever it was) all on its own.

But then we weren't told of tasks..:confused:
    FFA1:

1. Gabriel. This is still the most suspicious post in the thread. Looks like it might have been a made to unlock some power/complete some challenge.

Also, this stuff about too many wolves in a backroom I didn't really agree with, but it's just a minor point.
    Especially this early in the game, if there are too many wolves posting in a backroom it might actually make it harder for them to strategise.

I think it would make it easier to strategize, but what do I know.

Then there was a weird moment when he posted stuff from a pm from the mods in the thread and the mods didn't confirm whether it was true or not, but just told him not to break rules.

Today:

Nothing wolfy.

Gabriel

Gabriel was also suggesting we do a mass reveal which I didn't like, he also made a weird post about Kaecilius or whomever. Also, acquired the stone but didn't use it. Perhaps that's a good strategy, but just seemed off to me He did put a spell on Barney for 24 hours.

I thought Gabriel didn't put up much of a defence and just seemed resigned, defensive and absent; well Gabriel's a dead villager now so no need to go into any more detail than that. For what's its worth, I didn't vote for him.

Drumpot

Yesterday
    I already gave reasons for Drumpot. I thought feigned ignorance re backrooms, overly chummy with JGF. Khalessi thought Drumpot was pocketing him and I understood the insinuation and there were friendly vibes directed towards others too; calling Barney 'my old flower', calling fixxer 'lock clear', etc. This could all have been just jesting, afterall Drumpot voted for fixxxer last night. Drumpot is an experienced player and was coming across as an overly helpful villager to me.

Today
    I think it's interesting that immediately after I drew a connection between Drumpot and JGF, Drumpot started to distance themselves from JGF with shade, quoting an old post from khalessi (but not me) when he described JGF as knowledgeable for a newbie. Why does Drumpot suddenly think JGF is knowledageable when they're the one who has been answering most of JGF's helpless queries? Both have been decidedly less chummy since my accusations, but then Drumpot hasn't been around much.

Also Drumpot questioned why Barney voted for Gabriel but not JGF which seems to imply JGF and Barney are in cahoots. But this is understandable and I would have questioned why Barney voted for Gabriel instead of JGF too.

I must say I like a lot of Drumpot's reasoning besides the stuff I pointed out.

Rikand

Yesterday and today
    Going under the radar. Self explanatory. Rikand has barely posted at all and is conspicuous by their absence. I thought they were a bit defensive re: my FFA too, but then it was a bit of a mess to be fair. Rikand changed from Gabriel to me for no obvious benefit to leave Barney in peril which might suggest they're not a wolf, as Gabriel flipped good. But then Barney could be good too.

Ectoplasm

Yesterday
    Oisin's only accusation was towards Ecto and he was promptly bumped. I thought it was the wolves fearing Oisin was a seer and protecting one of their own. They'd probably theorise that it would be so obvious that people would discount the by default implied suspicion cast towards Ecto. I got the feeling Oisin being munched was a double bluff to protect Ecto. This was emphasised by Ecto.
    Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Morning. So Oisin accused me and now he's dead. Nice stitch up there. Thanks wolves.

Also a lot of posters were mentioning Dr. Strange and I didn't know why. Ecto was one of them. It seemed tasky, but I guess there are no tasks so never mind.

Today
    Nothing wolfy.

fixxxer

Yesterday
    I didn't understand his theory re: Barney & Gabriel soft claiming. I still don't. I didn't understand why he was initially so enthusiastic to go over to the Cosmic thread. When Drumpot pointed out it seemed like a wolfy thing, he didn't bother to use his power at all saying there was no reason. Why not use it if just for the craic? Unless he was scared it would make him look like a wolf, which is understandable I suppose. Also, fixxxer initially voted for me for no good reason imo; I posted and disappeared. ignoring Rikand and maybe Trit, who barely posted at all to that point. Lots of gif posting, fluff about village boxes, and defended Ecto in light of Oisin's death and accusation, saying it would be 'too obvious' so since I suspected a double bluff there it felt suspicious to me naturally.

Posted this too wolfy to be a wolf gif.
    How else do we find the baddies?

We could ask I suppose.

COULD ANY WOLVES PLEASE MAKE THEMSELVES KNOWN SO WE CAN LYNCH YOU IN AN ORDERLY FASHION

Today
    Nothing wolfy.

So there you go, as I said, my suspicions were nothing revelatory and I genuinely didn't have enough time to post all of the above stabs in the dark last night.

To summarize: I have no clue who the wolves are, and I have no clue how to figure it out. :D

Is it luck?

Can you share what was stolen?

Sorry, was having dinner

I could. I'm wrestling with the possibility that whoever stole it may not know what they stole,. I'm tunneling on mechanics. It's pretty decent though

I wasnt blocked. I was thieved

Despite my claims of life freeing up for me in the signup thread tegan, life always finds a way to shaft me

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

I liked khalessi and trit's posts yesterday which is why I ddin't include them at all.

I honestly didn't see anything suspicious from Barney until the last minute votes which made him look bad.

I wasnt defensive about your ffa. I never even referred to me on it. I called out what looked like billshut. Your post still has billshut in it, but this time the bull is definitely about me

• Advertisement

Considering how many peeks there have been on the Cosmic thread, I find it weird that nobody here has declared the result of a peek (I know they got the Soul Stone and 2 peeks from that, but still). And no one who's been killed here had any peek powers. I'm just saying, it would be VERY useful if somebody could do a peek and let us know. If we got a confirmed villager someone surely has the power to protect them from a munch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement