Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCU Werewolf EARTH THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Considering how many peeks there have been on the Cosmic thread, I find it weird that nobody here has declared the result of a peek (I know they got the Soul Stone and 2 peeks from that, but still).
    Yeah, it's weird. It's all happening on the other thread.
    And no one who's been killed here had any peek powers

How do you know that? What was Oisin's power? Did it say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Considering how many peeks there have been on the Cosmic thread, I find it weird that nobody here has declared the result of a peek (I know they got the Soul Stone and 2 peeks from that, but still). And no one who's been killed here had any peek powers. I'm just saying, it would be VERY useful if somebody could do a peek and let us know. If we got a confirmed villager someone surely has the power to protect them from a munch.

They've had a soul stone yesterday which meant two peeks, a soul stone today which means another two peeks, I think.

They've had a soul stone yesterday which meant two peeks, a soul stone today which means another two peeks, I think.

Think we're not supposed to talk about the other thread though.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭AnLachaCorcra

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Yeah, it's weird. It's all happening on the other thread.

How do you know that? What was Oisin's power? Did it say?

Yep. His was to evade attacks.

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Oisin WW has died.

They were Mysterio.

They were good / village.

They had the power to evade an attack (valid for 24 hours after activation).

Gabriel could disable 3 players:

MOD NOTE:

Gabriel WW has been lynched.

They were Dr. Strange.

They were village / good.

They had the power to disable 3 players of their choosing

Khalessi could evade an attack:

Baggly wrote: »
    Khalessi has died.

They were Black Widow.

They had the power to evade an attack.

Oisin WW has died.

They were Mysterio.

They had the power to evade an attack (valid for 24 hours after activation).

U4Wi8uB.png

Oisin's power was revealed when he died.

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    I wasnt defensive about your ffa. I never even referred to me on it. I called out what looked like billshut. Your post still has billshut in it, but this time the bull is definitely about me

I don't understand. What's wrong about this?

Yesterday and today
    Going under the radar. Self explanatory. Rikand has barely posted at all and is conspicuous by their absence. I thought they were a bit defensive re: my FFA too, but then it was a bit of a mess to be fair. Rikand changed from Gabriel to me for no obvious benefit to leave Barney in peril which might suggest they're not a wolf, as Gabriel flipped good. But then Barney could be good too.

I think you have less posts than Baggly? But real life takes priority I agree.

My theory on Oisin being a seer was totally wrong then and maybe makes me suspect Ecto less.

I got that idea from Barney and didn't check the Werewolf GM post.
    Barney92 wrote: »
    #FFA1

Ecto - this is somewhat in jest but not quite because I think killing oisin may have been a move that was brought about because they were worried oisin was a seer.

Then again, I suppose the wolves wouldn't know...

I guess Oisin and khalessi didn't activate their powers. Gabriel was a big loss with those powers. He said he disabled Barney for 24 hours yesterday around nine.

Since there's not a lot happening, here's the post count and last nights votes.

fixXxer 83
    JohnGreenFan 81
    Drumpot 73
    Barney92 71
    Gabriel WW 61
    Ectoplasm 55
    khalessi 48
    Tegan WW 29
    tritium 28
    AnLachaCorcra 25
    Oisin WW 16
    Baggly 15
    Rikand 13
    WerewolfGM 11

Fixxer -Tegan barney
    Gabriel -fixer barney
    Ecto -ALC
    Tritium - barney
    Khalessi - JGF
    JGF- Gabs
    Rikand - gabs tegan
    Barney- fixer gabs gabs
    Tegan- jgf
    ALC- gabs
    Drumpot- fixer

I posted this yesterday about the stones. No one replied, maybe because they were silly questions. Just trying to grasp the stone business.

Time Stone - Reverse any attacks made against them until the following munch

Reality Stone - Remove the abilities / attacks / perks / prize effects of 1 player until the following munch

Soul Stone - 2x Alignment peeks

Power Stone - free shot on 2 players

Space Stone - Transport a player to the other thread until the following munch. That player cannot vote in either thread. They can also not be killed or lynched on either thread.

Mind Stone - Take control of a player's mind - any powers they possess that day will be directed by this stone wielder.

Guesses

Mind Stone - Barney, Gabriel
    Time Stone - Ectoplasm, An LachaCorcra, Drumpot
    Space Stone - JGF, fixxxer
    Soul Stone-Khalessi

Winners

Mind Stone: Gabriel
    Space Stone: Fixxxer
    Time Stone: Ecto

We haven't been told how many wolves there are, but people seem to be assuming three or four per thread.

Three questions for more knowlegeable folk to answer:

1. Would the three wolves have guessed strategically?
    2. Would there be any stone that a wolf would want more than another?
    3. Would there be any stone that a villager would want more than another?

To the questions above I would answer:

1. Possibly, they wouldn alll go for the same stone would they?
    2. Space stone, mind stone?
    3. Time stone, reality stone, soul stone?

Mods said all stones were stolen. Doesn't matter to fixxxer much cause he wasn't using it and there was a time limit up? Gabriel cause he was dead. Ecto left unprotected and lost out most.

Does the fact no one has declared possession of the stones today mean wolves have them or would a villager keep quiet about it too?

• Advertisement

I posted this yesterday about the stones. No one replied, maybe because they were silly questions. Just trying to grasp the stone business.

Time Stone - Reverse any attacks made against them until the following munch

Reality Stone - Remove the abilities / attacks / perks / prize effects of 1 player until the following munch

Soul Stone - 2x Alignment peeks

Power Stone - free shot on 2 players

Space Stone - Transport a player to the other thread until the following munch. That player cannot vote in either thread. They can also not be killed or lynched on either thread.

Mind Stone - Take control of a player's mind - any powers they possess that day will be directed by this stone wielder.

Guesses

Mind Stone - Barney, Gabriel
    Time Stone - Ectoplasm, An LachaCorcra, Drumpot
    Space Stone - JGF, fixxxer
    Soul Stone-Khalessi

Winners

Mind Stone: Gabriel
    Space Stone: Fixxxer
    Time Stone: Ecto

We haven't been told how many wolves there are, but people seem to be assuming three or four per thread.

Three questions for more knowlegeable folk to answer:

1. Would the three wolves have guessed strategically?
    2. Would there be any stone that a wolf would want more than another?
    3. Would there be any stone that a villager would want more than another?

To the questions above I would answer:

1. Possibly, they wouldn alll go for the same stone would they?
    2. Space stone, mind stone?
    3. Time stone, reality stone, soul stone?

Mods said all stones were stolen. Doesn't matter to fixxxer much cause he wasn't using it and there was a time limit up? Gabriel cause he was dead. Ecto left unprotected and lost out most.

Does the fact no one has declared possession of the stones today mean wolves have them or would a villager keep quiet about it too?

I got the space stone and claimed earlier. Time stone was given to someone because nobody claimed it. Nobody has claimed the other stone I don't think.

I don't think there's any value in villagers staying quiet about the stones. By that logic I'd have to think that the wolves have the other two stones since nobody is claiming them. Barney was the only one who said he went for the mind stone but hasn't claimed to have it - which means people were lurking in the thread at the time of the comp but not posting.

I'd prefer to hear from the people who didn't give us anything much to go on yesterday before I start going back through the posts of people who are online and actively talking.

I already said this morning I've got on my eye on Tegan and listed my reasons.

I'm 50/50 on Barney because I thought he was townie yesterday but his double vote last night without any posting into the thread didn't really sit right with me but I don't know is it necessarily wolfy.

Rikand has said so little that I'd be nearly tempted to follow Drumpot's thinking on lynching non-posters. Nothing at all to go on there except he didn't agree with Tegan's vote on me after quoting issues exclusively with Drumpot's posts, which I have already mentioned I agreed with.

AnLachaCorcra seems a bit lost. Possibly townie who doesn't know what to do, possibly wolf who doesn't know what to do. Seemed to join the Gabriel lynch last night just to put down a vote.

Tritium hadn't posted much yesterday but is coming back into it today. I like the idea of going through each posts but those quote walls are tough to read and I'm not sure it's necessary to quote every single thing?

As for you fixxer, I'm still waiting for you to explain the theories that I asked about this morning. Wolf lean, to be honest.

#FFA2

Tegan
    AnLachaCorcra
    Fixxer

Why didn't you use the space stone JGF?

Why didn't you use the space stone JGF?

Honestly? Didn't know what the point was. I don't really see the value in sending someone over to the other thread when at the moment we're potentially looking at 6 villagers vs 3 wolves, or worse, 5 villagers vs 4 wolves. I know someone (fixxer I think?) mentioned the value of keeping a villager from being lynched or munched, but right now we have nobody confirmed except for what we know ourselves. I think every vote is really important right now and it's too risky to send a potential wolf to the other thread which would protect them from a lynch but doesn't do anything for the village.

I have some more suspicions about some other players and would like to do an FFA before voting to explain who I'm going to vote for. My neck is on the line tonight too.

But since I was jumped on yesterday for not giving a lengthy FFA, and then when I went to the bother of explaining my actions, only for everyone to ignore it and vote for me anyway, and since there's hardly anybody here to help root out the wolves or actually post (kinda wish Necro was in this thread TBH) I really don't see the point.

I don't mind if I get voted off at this stage because I'm not good at rooting out the wolves and nobody is really doing much today at all, except for a few. I tried my best.

I'll just quote my post again so everyone sees it.

Since I have raised some suspicion with my FFA yesterday, an FFA that was hastily cobbled together admittedly, I will attempt to expand on my reasoning now that I actually do have some time on my hands.

First of all, I didn't know FFAs had to have a limit. Afterall, the definition in the glossary is

FFA - Free For All - give a list with reasoning of your top suspicions for wolves.

It doesn't mention a limit. Besides, how do we know there are only three wolves? The Cosmic thread is still going and they've rooted out three wolves so far and are speculating as to whether they should get transferred. (Hopefully they will get transferred because we could do with some competent villagers over here unlike my hapless self. We Earth villagers are being made to look bad by the cosmic crew and it's embarrassing.)

Secondly, I wasn't around for the competition today either because I was in my bed.:o Reading back, it was an absolute disaster and I fear the wolves may have gobbled up the prizes as we scramble like amateurs.

So here is an explanation of my FFA and some reappraisals. It is not in order yet today because my thinking is changing a little.

Johngreenfan

Yesterday:
    I thought this poster was feigning ignorance esp. re: backrooms. Khalessi pointed this out and I partly agreed. I thought his rapport with Drumpot was unusual and seemed coordinated and chummy, almost a tactic agreed on in a backroom.

Today:
    I think his posts today have sounded quite knowledgeable, but then Werewolf isn't rocket science. Seems to have boundless enthusiasm for a newbie, perhaps understandably under lockdown. I didn't like how he grabbed at the stones today without any discussion among villagers, but it was understandable, considering there was no gameplan and the whole thing was a shambles. I probably would have done the same thing myself, wolf or villager.

AnLachaCorcra

Yesterday:
    I didn't like nor really understand his suggestion in one of his initial posts that we reveal our characters right away. Duplicate roles?

This was called out by Ecto and the reply was contradictory and I didn't really understand it fully either TBH, although the last part makes some sense I suppose.

There was this FFA posted out of nowhere forty minutes after me, which basically just mimicked what I said re: Gabriel

Also, this stuff about too many wolves in a backroom I didn't really agree with, but it's just a minor point.

I think it would make it easier to strategize, but what do I know.

Then there was a weird moment when he posted stuff from a pm from the mods in the thread and the mods didn't confirm whether it was true or not, but just told him not to break rules.

Today:

Nothing wolfy.

Gabriel

Gabriel was also suggesting we do a mass reveal which I didn't like, he also made a weird post about Kaecilius or whomever. Also, acquired the stone but didn't use it. Perhaps that's a good strategy, but just seemed off to me He did put a spell on Barney for 24 hours.

I thought Gabriel didn't put up much of a defence and just seemed resigned, defensive and absent; well Gabriel's a dead villager now so no need to go into any more detail than that. For what's its worth, I didn't vote for him.

Drumpot

Yesterday
    I already gave reasons for Drumpot. I thought feigned ignorance re backrooms, overly chummy with JGF. Khalessi thought Drumpot was pocketing him and I understood the insinuation and there were friendly vibes directed towards others too; calling Barney 'my old flower', calling fixxer 'lock clear', etc. This could all have been just jesting, afterall Drumpot voted for fixxxer last night. Drumpot is an experienced player and was coming across as an overly helpful villager to me.

Today
    I think it's interesting that immediately after I drew a connection between Drumpot and JGF, Drumpot started to distance themselves from JGF with shade, quoting an old post from khalessi (but not me) when he described JGF as knowledgeable for a newbie. Why does Drumpot suddenly think JGF is knowledageable when they're the one who has been answering most of JGF's helpless queries? Both have been decidedly less chummy since my accusations, but then Drumpot hasn't been around much.

Also Drumpot questioned why Barney voted for Gabriel but not JGF which seems to imply JGF and Barney are in cahoots. But this is understandable and I would have questioned why Barney voted for Gabriel instead of JGF too.

I must say I like a lot of Drumpot's reasoning besides the stuff I pointed out.

Rikand

Yesterday and today
    Going under the radar. Self explanatory. Rikand has barely posted at all and is conspicuous by their absence. I thought they were a bit defensive re: my FFA too, but then it was a bit of a mess to be fair. Rikand changed from Gabriel to me for no obvious benefit to leave Barney in peril which might suggest they're not a wolf, as Gabriel flipped good. But then Barney could be good too.

Ectoplasm

Yesterday
    Oisin's only accusation was towards Ecto and he was promptly bumped. I thought it was the wolves fearing Oisin was a seer and protecting one of their own. They'd probably theorise that it would be so obvious that people would discount the by default implied suspicion cast towards Ecto. I got the feeling Oisin being munched was a double bluff to protect Ecto. This was emphasised by Ecto.

Also a lot of posters were mentioning Dr. Strange and I didn't know why. Ecto was one of them. It seemed tasky, but I guess there are no tasks so never mind.

Today
    Nothing wolfy.

fixxxer

Yesterday
    I didn't understand his theory re: Barney & Gabriel soft claiming. I still don't. I didn't understand why he was initially so enthusiastic to go over to the Cosmic thread. When Drumpot pointed out it seemed like a wolfy thing, he didn't bother to use his power at all saying there was no reason. Why not use it if just for the craic? Unless he was scared it would make him look like a wolf, which is understandable I suppose. Also, fixxxer initially voted for me for no good reason imo; I posted and disappeared. ignoring Rikand and maybe Trit, who barely posted at all to that point. Lots of gif posting, fluff about village boxes, and defended Ecto in light of Oisin's death and accusation, saying it would be 'too obvious' so since I suspected a double bluff there it felt suspicious to me naturally.

Posted this too wolfy to be a wolf gif.

Today
    Nothing wolfy.

So there you go, as I said, my suspicions were nothing revelatory and I genuinely didn't have enough time to post all of the above stabs in the dark last night.

To summarize: I have no clue who the wolves are, and I have no clue how to figure it out. :D

Is it luck?

That really didn't work too well so here's the link to post on previous page.:D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113488833&postcount=595

I didn't make much comment on your new FFA because for the most part it makes sense, but you've gone from accusing everyone to accusing nobody.

I didn't make much comment on your new FFA because for the most part it makes sense, but you've gone from accusing everyone to accusing nobody.

No, I still have suspicions of most of those, some stronger, some weaker. One or two of them, I feel better about, based on votes yesterday.

Some players based on posts today raised a few suspicions.

I said yesterday I didn't know who the wolves were, and I still don't. It's just all guesswork, not accusations, only vote because I have to.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

This has been a bad day for me. Have to head off at 8.30 for an online meeting till 9.30 (people who know me know what sort of meeting that is! ;) )

Squeezed in Votes from last night into an Excel sheet but dont have time to really do any digging.

By 8.11 Barney was as good as gone with 3 votes and nearest to him had 1.

Rikand moved to Gabriel but then away from Gabriel closer to lynch onto Senan, a nothing move. Didnt help Barney but could of been a move to distance if on team. I am not sure theres enough in that TBH.

Barney went to Fixxer and then to Gabriel to save himself. I think its fair to say Fixxer and Barney are most likely not on a wolf team based on voting tonight and last night and Fixxers fixation with Barney. Unless they have decided to buss a team mate.

When Tegan voted TGF, it did give Barney a choice of TGF or Gabriel to sacrifice himself.

ALC vote on Gabriel gave Barney an altnerative to JGF. If we were really going down a rabbit hole you could say JGF, ALC and Barney all manoevred the votes to save Barney. Although, why would ALC go against that tonight with no real need to go at Barney that I can see.

So I dont think ALC and Barney are alligned bad based on this.

I am really stuck for time. I am not convinced Barney is bad as I dont see why effectively voting to save yourself is a necessarily wolf trait. I also find the initial story from Fixxer quite silly, especially as they havent really explained how a wolf claiming a character helps them in anyway.

In term of Trit and ALC jumping on the Barney wagon, its interesting that they are happy to hide in that wagon considering they are on the lower end of the posting scale. Rikand is even further behind with less then half the post of those others. There are reasons why RL means we can be limited in here, Ive had it today, but this is day 2.

TBH, I still dont feel comfortable with Fixxer, there really is something nagging me. Probably their Barney narrative that , I noticed they Jumped on Ecto after Oisin was killed
    fixXxer wrote: »
    Only thing I can see from Oisins post is his poke at Ecto being a wolf. Now, I would usually say thats basic stuff to lynch the guy who makes the accusation so it looks bad for the person they accuse. Wouldn't advocate lynching Ecto just yet.

Shall we be doing FFAs?

Ideally three names tag todays #FFA1 so we can find them easier later.

Very quick off the mark on that.

JGF - Honestly , if they are a baddy are playing a blinder, dont know . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Ah, I am running out of time . .

TGF . . Think your FFA changed a fair bit from yesterday (remmeber from earlier but no time to go back), what gives ?

Also Tegan, your posts have been alot about me but you didnt vote for me. I find that very odd. Either a not overly confident villager or a wolf hoping to influence opinion against me before going after me. Wolves know I am good and prob waiting for the tide to turn before going after me.

Drumpot wrote: »
    TGF . . Think your FFA changed a fair bit from yesterday (remmeber from earlier but no time to go back), what gives ?

Nothing much changed at all. I just went more in-depth which is what people wanted. This is the original and it's in tune with the above explanations. Honestly damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    1. Johngreenfan
    The Noob act.

2. AnLachaCorcra
    Just off. Weird stuff about revealing characters pointed out by Ecto. Sporadic appearances.

3. Gabriel
    Weird post about Kaecilius or whomever. Weird stuff about revealing characters. Doesn't tell us who they used powers on.

4. Drumpot
    Pocketing and forced ignorance act re: backrooms.

5. fixxxer
    Just off. No time to explain right now.

6. Rikand
    Going under the radar.

7. Ecto
    Just off. No time to explain right now.

Also Tegan, your posts have been alot about me but you didnt vote for me. I find that very odd.

It's not odd. I think you're reasonable and post a lot of good stuff, so would hesistate to vote for you, despite suspicions.
    Either a not overly confident villager.
    Well I think it's obvious that I'm not overly confident. I have stated this several times.

Also, my explanations isn't an FFA in order which I explained, and it includes today's observations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

fixxxxer why are you voting for me this time?

Drumpot wrote: »
    Ah, I am running out of time . .
    oops, I should stick to the same format as others.

#FFA1:

Khaleesi: I feel is posting a lot but I don't know there is much to the posts? A lot of it was early fluff stuff and a bit then about organising who has what stone.

Fixxer: I'm inclined to say is town because of the sheer amount of posts but then I'm wondering is that a bluff and basically I don't know. I want you to be town though.

Gabriel: I'm a liiiittle bit less suspiscious than I was earlier but still feel he was very quick to go defensive over the rupesh error.

I suppose it did and it didn't - this is my original FFA from yesterday morning, before we had heard from Tegan and Rikand. Gabriel and Khaleesi are dead and proved good so they've been removed from my FFA.

When Tegan posted she was all over the place so she moved to the top of my suspicions. I'm still going back and forth on fixxxer to be honest but I'm leaning towards village at the moment.

Oh drumpot was talking to you there. Whoops.

Oh drumpot was talking to you there. Whoops.

I think he was anyway? He said JGF first but then he said TGF. I assumed it was a typo and meant me.

Only what's been said already - the Barney double vote to save himself is suspicious.

Tegan's FFA was all over the place, but that could have been trying to smoke out some wolf by making them overreact.

I'm assuming that at least one wolf voted for Gabriel, it's a massively lucky break for them if there was a villager lynched with no help from the wolves. That would mean:
    JGF
    Rikand (later withdrawn)
    Barney
    me

Of those, Barney seems the most likely to be a wolf.

You reason for having me as a wolf seems to be based on my 'suspicious vote'. Before I die (if I'm to be lynched) I'd like everyone to say it with me. Why would I let a known villager (to me) die when I could get someone who might be a wolf killed? Obviously it didn't work out but I will always take the chance of getting a wolf over definitely not getting one.

I understand why a wolf would do it, but some people seem to be only focusing on why a wolf would vote late to save themselves.

Barney92 wrote: »
    You reason for having me as a wolf seems to be based on my 'suspicious vote'. Before I die (if I'm to be lynched) I'd like everyone to say it with me. Why would I let a known villager (to me) die when I could get someone who might be a wolf killed?

Who is the known villager?

• Advertisement

I mean me dying isn't the worst thing because even though I get to redirect an attack I might still hit a villager. Also, they probably won't attack me now so the power is next to useless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement