Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCU Werewolf EARTH THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

fixXxer wrote: »

Nope, still no good. Sorry.

tenor.gif?itemid=4058882

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Barney92 wrote: »
    That is a bit bizarre because you also talked to a few others yesterday. Not sure why gabriel fixated on you with fixxxer.

Just rattling cages my man. Have to see if we can scare the noob into confessing he is on Thanos's team ;)

Drumpot wrote: »
    The Rupesh stuff was just a bit of fun.

Just thinking about the way things have been switched around, it seems like unless you are thanos there is no way of having it confirmed on thread if you are good or bad. This is excellent cause none of us can come out and say “I’m rupesh, you know the good guy from accounting”. We have to rely on our charm to convince the village we are good.

I am screwed then, but I am also good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

khalessi 24
    Gabriel WW 18
    Oisin WW 16
    fixXxer 13
    Drumpot 12
    Barney92 11
    JGF 09
    Ectoplasm 07
    Baggly 06
    Tegan WW 04
    Rikand 02
    WW GM 02
    tritium 01

One no show so far, people not posting an awful lot.

Question, how do you see how many people posted like this? Or do you have to count the posts manually?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I am screwed then, but I am also good :D

Well, I think I'm charming AF but I don't know if anyone agrees :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

There were two kills this morning. Do we think 2 teams? Thanos is with the cosmic mushrooms so that was at least one wolf kill. Maybe the team is split in two and gets two kills until we go into main thread?

JGF, basically there’s usually 2 bad teams. A wolf team of 3-6 and a seriel Killer ( a lone baddy who also gets a kill). I’m just trying to work out what the state of play is and what others think. There’s usually better players then me with a good theory. You will find that quite often experienced players are as lost as you might feel.

Anybody got any ideas for the competition? Usually it’s best for village to have a public discussion and everybody to enter. What do we think? Work the thing out on thread and everybody enters with whoever wins coming out? Alternatively we work out on thread and wait to see what prize is, then decide if person should use it or come out?

Who is going to be around for 1? We need as many villagers as possible to increase the chance that a villager wins it.

Question, how do you see how many people posted like this? Or do you have to count the posts manually?

On the main werewolf forum page there is a column for replies. Click on the number beside the thread and you get a post count for everyone who has replied.

I'm on a Zoom staff meeting in 2 minutes but hoping it'll be over by 1. I think we should discuss strategy alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'll be on a computer at 13:00 so will do my best to take part.

Village will need to discuss how best to use any prizes.

I was thinking that maybe there is no SK and it is just a wolf team split into the two universe until we merge. Wether it stays at two kills who knows.

Another thought is that Thanos is a kill on the other thread like a SK and when they merge they still get two kills. But we wont know that till we have completed a full day in case someone dies later.

I played the Jurassic game, but can't remember much about it except we were split and merged. Not sure if we split again.

• Advertisement

JGF, basically there’s usually 2 bad teams. A wolf team of 3-6 and a seriel Killer ( a lone baddy who also gets a kill). I’m just trying to work out what the state of play is and what others think. There’s usually better players then me with a good theory. You will find that quite often experienced players are as lost as you might feel.

Who is going to be around for 1? We need as many villagers as possible to increase the chance that a villager wins it.

Thanks for explanation. So is serial killer not with the wolves or town - they just get to kill one person?

I will be here at 1 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Ill be here at one, just correcting work so am in and out.

I think one team of wolves divided over two islands just because how this is written

This is an ‘Islands’ game, whereby the overall player base will be split between two threads - in this case Cosmic MCU and Earthbound MCU -

I also think no sk as not mentioned in win conditions
    Win Conditions
    Village: Eliminate all wolves.
    Wolves: Gain parity with the village.

Oh and JGF, the wolves usually have a room together that they can chat behind the scenes and scheme.

FFAs and votes can be used to try and root them out as you can find patterns as game goes on. Not always easy. Also , people can find hints from wolves interactions on thread.

I was just having a bit of fun yesterday but that can blow up against toy sometimes.

I thought
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Had to hunt for the proper spelling of this guy. Haven't seen the movie he was in. The name takes me back to learning Latin in school, slightly different spelling though. Not sure I know all the folks in the picture. I only worked out that there are 12 in the pic etc.

Kaecilius.

Was a bit weird. The reason was because sometimes there’s tasks in a game and wolves have to do some things to win prizes or get kills. Highlighting Kaecillus in this manner just felt potentially a task. Gabriel response was reasonable, no mention of tasks in OP and two kills (so baddy teams weren’t fighting for the first kill) means I don’t think this is relevant.

Sorry if I’m posting too much, it can be hard to find your way at the start. Unless you are a wolf and I look like a bit of a dope....

ALso if he had read the posts I had mentioned kaecilius earlier spelled correctly, so there might be something behind highlighting the name

Oh and JGF, the wolves usually have a room together that they can chat behind the scenes and scheme.
    khalessi wrote: »

I think one team of wolves divided over two islands just because how this is written

So does that mean the wolves from both islands are all in one big room together or is there seperate wolf teams for each island?

So does that mean the wolves from both islands are all in one big room together or is there seperate wolf teams for each island?

Thats what I am thinking anyways and I could be wrong

Thanks for explanation. So is serial killer not with the wolves or town - they just get to kill one person?

I will be here at 1 also.

That’s it in a nutshell. SK and wolves are 2 different teams with their own win targets. I’d be with Gabriel for the moment , thinking (but not sure) that maybe there is one big wolf team (3+3- so 3 in here) who each get a kill. Maybe they merge in the main thread when we get back there or maybe they remain 2 teams. Since Thanos has been highlighted as the big dog, I’m taking it that there’s one team for now.

The competition is usually between 1 to 1.30 or 2 and usually everybody can enter. So it’s best for the village that as many villagers as possible enter with the right answer as you can bet the wolves will be doing the same.

Unless of course the competition is a first enter first win kind of comp but I don’t remember seeing one of them.

Drumpot sorry could have missed it but why do you think there is an sk?

Not sure to be honest.

1 wolf team
    - 1 backroom And they all communicate from the start
    Or
    - 2 backrooms and maybe only the wolves from each island can communicate until we merge with the main thread

2 wolf teams
    - A backroom each to communicate

I feel like it’s most likely 1 team cause :

- Thanos is main baddy mentioned on OP
    - win conditions only mention wolves (not SK) - good spot Khal

I’m not sure if this will be much use/help to us now, but just thought it would help you see how we try to find our way in these places.

khalessi wrote: »
    Drumpot sorry could have missed it but why do you think there is an sk?

Oh I don’t think there is an SK, I’m not really sure but there were two kills at 10, one in each island. So either wolves get 2 kills (maybe while we are split in two) or there’s 2 wolf teams.

• Advertisement

Oh I don’t think there is an SK, I’m not really sure but there were two kills at 10, one in each island. So either wolves get 2 kills (maybe while we are split in two) or there’s 2 wolf teams.

So does that mean we are better off treating them as two seperate games for the moment, if it's possible that all wolves from both threads are not working together?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭AnLachaCorcra

Hi all, sorry for the late start, had a work Teams meeting that latest basically all morning D:

Just to help things along, I can confirm that I'm a goodie. So feel free to stick me in the confirmed villager box. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Hi all, sorry for the late start, had a work Teams meeting that latest basically all morning D:

Just to help things along, I can confirm that I'm a goodie. So feel free to stick me in the confirmed villager box. Thanks.

I dunno bud, it's a small box, can't fit everyone. What can you tell us that would grease your entry?

So does that mean we are better off treating them as two seperate games for the moment, if it's possible that all wolves from both threads are not working together?

I would assume so. Even if the wolves from both threads can communicate in a joint backroom, I don't know what advantage that would give them. Especially this early in the game, if there are too many wolves posting in a backroom it might actually make it harder for them to strategise.

For what it’s worth I generally won’t be trying to make connections with the other thread much, as I am a lazy player and struggle to keep up with one thread as it is. So generally I am sort of treating them as two different games until we merge. That said I have peaked in a bit but just to see if I can get ideas or see for example if there are two munches.

I dunno bud, it's a small box, can't fit everyone. What can you tell us that would grease your entry?

Well I'm very anti-wolf and pro-village. When I was younger a wolf slaughtered my village, so I was always going to be agin them.

Apart from that, I'm happy to reveal my character, if everybody else is? Might force some people into claiming duplicate roles and give us something to go on?

Might force some people into claiming duplicate roles and give us something to go on?

Like this?

200_d.gif

Barney92 wrote: »
    Like this?

200_d.gif

A+ gif usage

A+ gif usage

JGF is going to go far with flattery like that.

• Advertisement

Well I'm very anti-wolf and pro-village. When I was younger a wolf slaughtered my village, so I was always going to be agin them.

Apart from that, I'm happy to reveal my character, if everybody else is? Might force some people into claiming duplicate roles and give us something to go on?

This seems odd. We know characters don't indicate alignment based on Oisin. Also the OP has a picture of 12 characters, so I don't think duplicates are likely. Are you a wolf with a 'good' character perchance?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement