Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loosing Connection with Internet 'Request Timed Out'

Options
  • 16-05-2020 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi ,

Having trouble with my internet where i loose connection intermittently with the internet about every 10 seconds where the connection seems to drop and re connect again . This can occur anytime of the day , I specifically got up early to check that it was not contention . It can occur for a second or two or last for up to 30 seconds . I did a ping to 8.8.8.8 on an ongoing basis and was getting 'Request Timed Out' every 10 ping on average. I did a speed test and for some reason it does not pick up the signal loss . However I use Zoom and it causes serious problems with it .

I contacted my Internet Service Provider and they do not consider this an issue , which i dont understand as it is causing me serious problems every time it occurs , on certain days I find it very difficult to work using the internet. I did a google on this issue but some of the solutions seem very complicated and i think i could end up worse off if I did what some have suggested. .

I wonder would investing in a new Router help in resolving the Issue . I connected my PC to the Router with a Cable and I continued to see an internet signal drop.

Has anybody come across this issue ?

Comments

Advertisement